• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch absence isn't due to tech, open to port if fan interest

Swarna

Guess it could happen. Characters aren't all that high poly and the scenery isn't very detailed. But there can be 4 characters on screen at times, that's a taller order than Xrd running on the PS3.

6 actually. You can call both assists simultaneously.

Kyzer

Banned
Guess it could happen. Characters aren't all that high poly and the scenery isn't very detailed. But there can be 4 characters on screen at times, that's a taller order than Xrd running on the PS3.

Wow 4 characters? Not sure if this portable HD gaming machine can do 4 characters on screen at once youre right

Safros

Wow 4 characters? Not sure if this portable HD gaming machine can do 4 characters on screen at once youre right

6, but even so, Arc Sys is generally pretty good at optimizing their games. Smash could also have 8 characters on screen at one, and I can't imagine this game is more demanding than that.

Kyzer

Banned
6, but even so, Arc Sys is generally pretty good at optimizing their games. Smash could also have 8 characters on screen at one, and I can't imagine this game is more demanding than that.

Yeah, games on the SNES had 4 characters at once I was being facetious

BS part is that at least 2 of those games would work 100% better on a system like Switch as well as 3DS which was the best for Legacy Colllection 1

I want to be able to pull the JoyCons off the system and play co-op Rescue Rangers with my dad again for the first time in 20+ years ):<

No shit. How many games have we been told to beg for at this point?

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Disney Afternoon Collection

MegaMan Legacy Collection 2

What else am I missing? I could have sworn there's at least a couple more.

And they aren't even games that are demanding or would be difficult to port due to hardware. Begging Capcom for ports is especially insulting considering they're collections of NES games for fuck's sake. They must have thought the Switch would literally flop out the gate to not have ports of these collections ready. But sure, give us Street Fighter 2 of all things!

Otherwise, I'm glad that there's no technical reason DBFZ can't come to Switch. The game looks sick as hell, one of the best examples of celshading I've seen (the other being Little Witch Academia). I've never played a Dragon Ball fighting game but if it's good I see no reason why this couldn't be my first.

It may be splitting hair or semantics but that's what it comes down to. "Oh we're not making this game for your preferred platform so go on social media and let us know" just because it's clicking a button to retweet doesn't mean it's not a group of people letting a company know they want a thing, which can be taken as "You can have it but you have to ask for it otherwise we won't make it because of apparently no reasons" by some.
On your knees

Vinnk

How about companies beg ME to buy their games? You know, how capitalism is supposed to work. I am sick to death of begging game companies to grant me the privilege of being able to BUY their games.

If you put DBZ it on Switch I might buy it. If you put the Disney collection there I will buy it for sure. But I'm not gonna get on my hands and knees and give you the feeling that you are doing me this grand favor by letting me BUY your product.

If if doesn't make financial sense for you to do the port, then say you won't. If it does make financial sense to do the port, then stop jerking your fans around and just do it.

Treat you customers with respect.

Lutherian

No shit. How many games have we been told to beg for at this point?

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Disney Afternoon Collection

MegaMan Legacy Collection 2

What else am I missing? I could have sworn there's at least a couple more.

And they aren't even games that are demanding or would be difficult to port due to hardware. Begging Capcom for ports is especially insulting considering they're collections of NES games for fuck's sake. They must have thought the Switch would literally flop out the gate to not have ports of these collections ready. But sure, give us Street Fighter 2 of all things!

Otherwise, I'm glad that there's no technical reason DBFZ can't come to Switch. The game looks sick as hell, one of the best examples of celshading I've seen (the other being Little Witch Academia). I've never played a Dragon Ball fighting game but if it's good I see no reason why this couldn't be my first.

It may be splitting hair or semantics but that's what it comes down to. "Oh we're not making this game for your preferred platform so go on social media and let us know" just because it's clicking a button to retweet doesn't mean it's not a group of people letting a company know they want a thing, which can be taken as "You can have it but you have to ask for it otherwise we won't make it because of apparently no reasons" by some.

Also, Seiken Densetsu / Secret of Mana Collection for US & EU. "Ask SquareEnix, guys".

Terrell

How about companies beg ME to buy their games? You know, how capitalism is supposed to work. I am sick to death of begging game companies to grant me the privilege of being able to BUY their games.

If you put DBZ it on Switch I might buy it. If you put the Disney collection there I will buy it for sure. But I'm not gonna get on my hands and knees and give you the feeling that you are doing me this grand favor by letting me BUY your product.

If if doesn't make financial sense for you to do the port, then say you won't. If it does make financial sense to do the port, then stop jerking your fans around and just do it.

I've started to become of the opinion that asking us to beg for a game is due to publishers (in Japan particularly but overall in general) being burned hard by poorly-done market research. Considering how poorly Japanese publishers faired last gen, there may be some truth to my opinion. This is them essentially crowdsourcing market research data.

But really, yes, I agree with you, they should just be doing the appropriate market research rather than asking us to do it for them. Hell, even an official survey from the publishers would be a better option than leaving us to find the best way to shout our preferences at them.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
But nobody's gonna buy Xenoverse because everyone's seen the new game and they want that.

Im still gonna buy xenoverse 2, they're 2 completely different types of fighters, its like comparing arms to smash even if they're both made by nintendo

RM8

I won't buy Xenoverse even on platforms I already own, but I'd buy this. I'm into fighting games, not into DBZ :/

Eolz

Im still gonna buy xenoverse 2, they're 2 completely different types of fighters, its like comparing arms to smash even if they're both made by nintendo

This. I'm still interested in XV2 since I've skipped it on other platforms.
Hopefully we'll get details about the XV1 content in the west soon.

Zalman

Prince Vegeta agrees.

stHoXaa.png

LotusHD

Banned
So many people going on twitter you wouldnt expect to even know about this stuff are going out of their way in support of a switch version, I think this is saying alot about people who own switches.

Well like everyone says, were thirsty for games. ;D

Eolz

So many people going on twitter you wouldnt expect to even know about this stuff are going out of their way in support of a switch version, I think this is saying alot about people who own switches.

It helps that it's such a mainstream IP :p
And that the Switch is closer to the Wii than the WiiU in terms of appeal obviously.

Wamb0wneD

I will only get the Nintendo online subscription since I will not spend yearly money on two of these damn things so that plus the fact i could play it on the go makes this obvious.

Mediking

I agree with this but at the same time... there are publishers who really have no idea that their game could sell really well on a platform if they tried.

tkscz

Damn, 4 just from Dragon Ball? He's talented! I'm especially impressed by Piccolo because Piccolo has a lot of bass in his voice.

Some people have some damn good VO talent. Say what you will about Team4Star's DBZ abridge but Laniputor pulls off Krillin, Vegeta and Piccolo. Got to give props to VO talent.

synce

I don't believe this for a second given how successful the Switch is, I'm pretty sure it's coming either way and this is just free marketing. FWIW though, GGXrd ran pretty bad on PS3. We'll see how Switch fares

Lifeline

Porting can be expensive, smaller publishers wouldn't take a risk unless they're sure.

I imagine in the future these publishers would ask you to kickstart ports. Pre-order the game on Switch now and if enough people do it, we'll port it.

Eolz

I don't believe this for a second given how successful the Switch is, I'm pretty sure it's coming either way and this is just free marketing. FWIW though, GGXrd ran pretty bad on PS3. We'll see how Switch fares

PS3 is also really worse in terms of hardware. Even in undocked mode, which for some reason, some people always forget.

Kid Ying

i never understood why with games the tables are reversed. People begging to give their money to any company is something that only happens in this area.

Anyway, your post encapsulates my opinion.

Top Bottom