• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Femto.

I recently heard that Groot can "assist" a certain character (I'm not going to outright leak anyone by name), but it was really vaguely worded and I'm not sure if MvC1-style assists will be revealed at a later date or if this specific character has Groot summon moves. Either way, it doesn't sound like he's playable, but we'll see. (Don't take this as confirmation of anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.)

If Groot summons are part of Rocket's special moves and groot isn't an actual character.

1) That leaves an extra slot for a dream pick.

2) Cloak and Dagger should be added as one character.

vg260

I recently heard that Groot can "assist" a certain character (I'm not going to outright leak anyone by name), but it was really vaguely worded and I'm not sure if MvC1-style assists will be revealed at a later date or if this specific character has Groot summon moves. Either way, it doesn't sound like he's playable, but we'll see. (Don't take this as confirmation of anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.)

I'd much rather see RR and Groot combined into one character to open up another slot.

J-Tier

Assuming this is the case, Groot summon for a specific character--can't be anyone else but Rocket, right? Doesn't really make sense with any other character I can think of. Unless there's like a Star-Lord that can summon the whole crew with special moves which would be lame and unlikely.

Neoxon

I'd much rather see RR and Groot combined into one character to open up another slot.
If Groot summons are part of Rocket's special moves and groot isn't an actual character.

If anything, it'd leave room for Star-Lord to be the 2nd separate Guardians rep if Groot is an assist for Rocket.

Ryce not saying the name makes it pretty clear to me that he actually means Ronan The Accuser, in a stunning turn of events

With the focus on the MCU, I really don't care much about what Marvel characters make it in, since it sounds like it'll just be movie or soon to be movie characters. I hope rumors to the contrary are true, but as it stands I'm much more interested to see who Capcom will choose this time.

I'm hoping Okami and Viewtiful make returns. Leon this time instead of Chris would be fantastic, and if we get Jill I would love a S.T.A.R.S optional costume for her. Phoenix Wright returning would be amazing, and the idea of Asura I see floating around here would be cool as well.

Neoxon

Ryce not saying the name makes it pretty clear to me that he actually means Ronan The Accuser, in a stunning turn of events
But why would Groot help Ronan? If anything, if a Groot assist were to defy expectations, it'd be for Star-Lord.

Femto.

If anything, it'd leave room for Star-Lord to be the 2nd separate Guardians rep if Groot is an assist for Rocket.

I already assumed Star-Lord would be an obvious pick, because I would be legit surprised if he isn't part of the base roster.

Neoxon

I already assumed Star-Lord would be an obvious pick, because I would be legit surprised if he isn't part of the base roster.
True, but I could see the justification that Rocket & Groot by themselves being enough Guardians representation.

With the focus on the MCU, I really don't care much about what Marvel characters make it in, since it sounds like it'll just be movie or soon to be movie characters. I hope rumors to the contrary are true, but as it stands I'm much more interested to see who Capcom will choose this time.

I'm hoping Okami and Viewtiful make returns. Leon this time instead of Chris would be fantastic, and if we get Jill I would love a S.T.A.R.S optional costume for her. Phoenix Wright returning would be amazing, and the idea of Asura I see floating around here would be cool as well.
We'd still get some rising stars from the comics like Ms. Marvel, but otherwise it'd be mainly MCU. If you want X-Men or Fantastic Four characters, you're gonna have to wait until DLC.

Mupod

Groot as a part of Rocket's moveset is how I thought things would play out in MVC3, and was a bit disappointed when he wasn't.

Wouldn't Groot be assist for Star Lord since they don't seem to be changing the movests that much? Actually Gamora, Drax, and can all be strikers in a Captain Commando kinda way.

Neoxon

Wouldn't Groot be assist for Star Lord since they don't seem to be changing the movests that much? Actually Gamora, Drax, and can all be strikers in a Captain Commando kinda way.
I actually suggested this on Discord. While sure, Rocket & Groot together makes more sense and was the original intention back during UMvC3 (or so I've heard), making Star-Lord into the Captain Commando of Marvel does also make some sense.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It would make a sense if it's Rocket Raccoon because it was their original plan to have Groot assisting Rocket Raccoon in UMVC3 but they had to cut that concept out because it wasn't feasible due to technical limitation.

Also other site said Rocket Raccoon, so put both together, so that would make sense that it's Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

Otherwise, it could be Star Lord and Groot but I felt that it's unlikely tho.

J-Tier

Marvel is pretty heavily involved in character representation, so I think the addition of Groot to Rocket's moveset isn't so far-fetched.

Mupod

Honestly they can do anything they want with the damn roster as long as I get Gene this time.

Monster Hunter representation would be nice as well. Not picky there either.

Zaverious

The only people I need from the Marvel side are Daredevil, Punisher, and Night Thrasher. Although I feel that Punisher won't be in the base roster. He'd be a popular DLC character.

Lulubop

Basically he's open to all the changes comparing it to MSH and children of the atom. Likes that it might be neutral heavy. Nero, Dante, and Sigma are his 3 most wanted characters.

Hmm, that makes sense. I feel like some of the older marvel guys never really loved marvel 3 because of said reasons.

Mupod

I was thinking about Moon Knight and how if they took some inspiration from his Marvel Heroes moveset he'd be a neat character. Give him a ton of hyper armor and attack boosts at low hp. And make him real crazy.

But then I realized he looks a bit too much like Taskmaster. And Taskmaster is my dude. Like I was so much better with him than any other character in MVC3 I generally just ended up soloing teams with him.

I do think it's very likely they'll re-use everybody they can. But that might only apply to the Capcom side as Marvel may dictate who they can use on that end.

Anth0ny

Rocket and Groot as a single character always made the most sense to me. Splitting the two up is a waste of a slot, unless they just want to drop like 100 characters on our candy asses.

Dahbomb

I don't know how anyone can make the claim that this game is going to be more neutral heavy when all we have seen from game play footage are combos.

Maybe it will be neutral heavy. I hope it is.

Vanish

Maybe Cloak and Dagger can be 2 separate characters but if pick one, you're forced to use the other one to make your 2-person team? It would be weird to see them working with anyone else besides each other and maybe they can have some unique synergy moves or mechanic, idk

Capcom:

• Phoenix Wright
    Jin Saotome
    Nemesis
    Jill
    Leon
    Chris
    Frank West (Just bring back TJ to voice him)
    Lord Raptor
    Asura

Marvel

• Howard the Duck
    Deadpool
    Blackheart

Yeah, I'm not much of a Marvel fan as I am Capcom, but I still love the brand. Honestly, the only two characters I really want in are Wright and Jin above all else.

Dahbomb

Same.

I, for one, am definitely am ready for another Marvel game that throws it back it more to the older games in the series.
So no HSD, damage scaling and infinites for everyone? :p

https://youtu.be/jdwAAGLbe1s?t=2m17s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjAmYpVb2Q

No one talks about the balance/competitive level of these older games because they weren't popular and there is hardly any footage of high level play. These games were far jankier and unbalanced than Marvel 3. Marvel 3 is actually the most balanced, least broken of these games!

MSH in particular you could do some nasty stuff with the gems.

cordy

Banned
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Sigma's not in the game.

During an interview with Michael Evans (Capcom) and Mike Jones (Marvel) it was said from Evans that X would fit very deeply into the story of the game. They're going mega-hard with the story this time, thankfully. Given Sigma's the main enemy of the X series and given the guy at the end of the trailer looks like Sigma...
2NRxAzK.png
The fact the statues in the stage look like they have Sigma infections on them..

R8oPgFk.gif

We'll be fighting Ultron and Sigma as a tag team and then they'll fuse together to be this thing we see at the end of the trailer or something like that. It's only a matter of which Sigma we get and when they'll announce him. All the signs point to him.

So we'll get X and Sigma and as for other reps from the Mega Man series? Honestly, I don't think anyone who's not Zero has a large chance. Zero's got the best chance given they can reuse him from MvC3 and change things up a bit. Personally? I'd love either Bass.EXE or even MMZ Zero but for time and convenience purposes, it would be far easier to use Zero from X.

Assuming this is the case, Groot summon for a specific character--can't be anyone else but Rocket, right? Doesn't really make sense with any other character I can think of. Unless there's like a Star-Lord that can summon the whole crew with special moves which would be lame and unlikely.
Doronjo was awesome in tvc it could work here.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Sigma's not in the game.

During an interview with Michael Evans (Capcom) and Mike Jones (Marvel) it was said from Evans that X would fit very deeply into the story of the game. They're going mega-hard with the story this time, thankfully. Given Sigma's the main enemy of the X series and given the guy at the end of the trailer looks like Sigma...

The fact the statues in the stage look like they have Sigma infections on them..

R8oPgFk.gif

We'll be fighting Ultron and Sigma as a tag team and then they'll fuse together to be this thing we see at the end of the trailer or something like that. It's only a matter of which Sigma we get and when they'll announce him. All the signs point to him.

So we'll get X and Sigma and as for other reps from the Mega Man series? Honestly, I don't think anyone who's not Zero doesn't have a chance. Zero's got the best chance given they can reuse him from MvC3 and change things up a bit. Personally? I'd love either Bass.EXE or even MMZ Zero but for time and convenience purposes, it would be far easier to use Zero from X.
Love this gif. And looking forward to having zero and sigma added.

Top Bottom