• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Dust XBLA available for puchase now?

My codes are coming up as invalid. Somehow I don't think this is good. Anyone else had a problem?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. My printer cut off a Q.

vermadas

Put an hour into ITSP. It's very good so far. It's like metroid + a twin-stick shooter. The art and atmosphere are fantastic, though I new that from the trailers already :) The controls are very tight and seem to take full advantage of the analog control. Selection menus use wheels but you can map abilities to the face buttons. There are lots of checkpoints, almost too many. But I'm sure I'll appreciate them if (when) it gets more difficult. 60 FPS.

More impressions tomorrow.

legbone

fucking A! ITSP is currently downloading. glad they didn't fix this (i suspect it may be intentional) before i grabbed it. ITSP was my most anticipated release of the summer of arcade. bastion has stolen my heart though so we will see. summer of arcade is now pretty much over for me. next xbla release i am looking forward to is bloodrayne.

I have a maw code for the first person that shoots me a pm. was going to give it to wario but i see binary hooked him up. so, pm me if anyone wants it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rlan said:
Woah Woah Woah, did the Fruit Ninja Kinect code work? ANyone?

Only 1 person here claimed it was downloading, but I'm not sure if that was prematurely posted before attempting the download. Everyone else couldn't redeem the code

legbone

i think we have reached full maw saturation. no one has pm'd me for my code yet. hey, nocode, i sent you a pm. have you gotten one yet? anyone? anyone? bueller?

legbone said:
i think we have reached full maw saturation. no one has pm'd me for my code yet. hey, nocode, i sent you a pm. have you gotten one yet? anyone? anyone? bueller?
PM'ed, man. I'm totally down for a Maw code if you or anyone else still has one left!

fernoca

legbone said:
Hehehe...I asked earlier, but guess Diseased missed me. But the guy below me was more excited and said please, so no biggie. :p

EDIT:
No prob. XD

legbone

infamous chris was the first to pm me. sorry everyone else. he beat the next closest by a minute. check your pm's infamous chris.

Adam J.

I'm still really early into ITSP, but damn, it's made one hell of a first impression on me. It's been absolutely stunning in every regard so far. Watch out for this one...

Gaspode_T

The Maw is super tiny compared to most XBLA games these days (it's only 120MB or something like that???) which is very relieving because since it's Twisted Pixel I wouldn't have been surprised to see it pop up as 1GB

I heard from my friend at work that it's very good, I think he described it as having a N64 game feel...which may or may not make sense to you but it does to me

Gaspode_T said:
The Maw is super tiny compared to most XBLA games these days (it's only 120MB or something like that???) which is very relieving because since it's Twisted Pixel I wouldn't have been surprised to see it pop up as 1GB

I heard from my friend at work that it's very good, I think he described it as having a N64 game feel...which may or may not make sense to you but it does to me

It is good indeed. I played the demo years back but never got around to buying it and it slipped off my mind. TP is pure quality even though that was their first game I believe.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Do you have to buy all your SoA games through the dash to get the bonus Crimson Alliance in September? I'd like to get a free Maw by getting one of the games on the MS Store but I also want my bonus Crimson Alliance dangit!

Edit: Hmmm, the fine print makes it seem like you have to buy all five games through XBLA, and the Maw fine print says it can't be combined with other promotions. Hmmmmm.

fernoca

Len Dontree said:
Do you have to buy all your SoA games through the dash to get the bonus Crimson Alliance in September? I'd like to get a free Maw by getting one of the games on the MS Store but I also want my bonus Crimson Alliance dangit!
Well, the MS Store says:
Purchase all 5 Summer of Arcade games: Bastion, From Dust, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fruit Ninja Kinect, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War before August 23, 2011, 11:59 pm EST, and receive Crimson Alliance and three characters FREE! Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase all 5 games from Xbox LIVE Arcade using your Xbox LIVE account by August 23, 2011, 11:59 EST. The download codes for your free copy of Crimson Alliance and free characters will be sent to the email address associated with your LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery on or around September 7, 2011. Offer available worldwide in all Xbox LIVE countries except Brazil, Japan, and South Africa, while supplies last. Offer is non–transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Download charges may apply as set by your ISP. For Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and system requirements, see www.xbox.com/live. Offer provided by: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.​

So it seems they just check for who has each (full) game redeemed on their Purchase History.

EDIT:
Yep, weird wording.
The info says you have to buy the using your Xbox Live account..which technically you use when buying the game on their Store. So...guess you'll have to ask them directly.

Len Dontree

Yeah, it is kind of weird...I may just hold off to be safe (though if any kind soul has an extry Maw code they don't care for, I'd be thankful!).

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Bought From Dust and ITSP, thanks for the heads up. Been really looking forward to 'em, being able to play them early is fantastic.

Len Dontree

Shig said:
Bought From Dust and ITSP, thanks for the heads up. Been really looking forward to 'em, being able to play them early is fantastic.

Are you willing to part with one of your Maws? I can trade...Portal on Steam. :/

Grisby

Oh wow, this is crazy. I'm still playing Bastion so I'll wait on INTSP. Is an official thread going up for it soon?

Tadale

MyEpitomeCliché said:
How'd you like it?

Seems like I'm blowing through it, currently at about 55 percent campaign completion. It's very much like a Metroid game, so that's fine by me.

So far I think I'd recommend it, especially for people who are in to Metroid and Castlevania. The puzzles do not seem to be very difficult at all, and I've yet to come to a part where I did not immediately understand what I needed to do. There's a neat scanning mechanic that allows you to mark obstacles to come back to later with the right item to get through, so that streamlines some of the exploration.

burgerdog

I'll be honest, gaf, if you have a good pc wait for from dust to release on steam. The game is very fun, but it has this ugly sub hd look. If you're the patient type it will be worth it, but please pick up the game on Xbox or pc. We need more games like this.

saunderez

burgerdog said:
I'll be honest, gaf, if you have a good pc wait for from dust to release on steam. The game is very fun, but it has this ugly sub hd look. If you're the patient type it will be worth it, but please pick up the game on Xbox or pc. We need more games like this.
Does anyone know how the analog flow rate is implemented in the PC version?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
ITSP is fucking brilliant! Smart controls, fantastic environments, and most significantly, a blast to play...

chris121580

tekumseh said:
ITSP is fucking brilliant! Smart controls, fantastic environments, and most significantly, a blast to play...
It really is incredible. I'm stuck at the large drill part though with the glowing blue rocks. Can anyone who is playing this give me a hint on how to get past this?

Mdk7

chris121580 said:
It really is incredible. I'm stuck at the large drill part though with the glowing blue rocks. Can anyone who is playing this give me a hint on how to get past this?
D'you have a general idea about the approximate lenght of the game?

chris121580 said:
Pull out the stabilizers at the top of the drill

chris121580 said:

Haha, I was stuck there, too When I found out the solution I was like "derp."

legbone

ITSP is even better than I expected. it is down right beautiful in action. feels so good too. it's between this, bastion, and might and magic: clash of heroes for my favorite downloadable title of the year. i think ITSP may just edge them out though. depends on how long it is. i have heard it is pretty short. that was my only gripe with regards to bastion. i could have used a couple more hours. from dust is a beautiful game also but i suck so bad at it for some reason that i am having difficulty enjoying it as much as the others.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
FateBreaker said:
yes.

ITSP is...really, really good.
Just wanted to confirm. The E3 rep I talked to mentioned that the title had a 4 player co-op mode with randomly generated levels. That should help extend the life of the game. Yeah, ITSP could be this year's Limbo.

TheOddOne

SapientWolf said:
Just wanted to confirm. The E3 rep I talked to mentioned that the title had a 4 player co-op mode with randomly generated levels. That should help extend the life of the game. Yeah, ITSP could be this year's Limbo.
Wow.

Fruit ninja code coming up as invalid. Guess ill wait till it releases to see if it works. Funny thing is I didn't want it that bad...just got it because it wasn't released. Ah well, the other two are amazing so I'm not worried much.

Top Bottom