• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are characters region specific? I recently started playing and saw in options that I'm automatically assigned to Europe, can I still join the Neogaf Clan? (Providing there are open spots available)

VandalD

Are characters region specific? I recently started playing and saw in options that I'm automatically assigned to Europe, can I still join the Neogaf Clan? (Providing there are open spots available)
There are no region limitations, aside from potentially having a high ping of course. The clan is full, but we have a number of people who haven't played in over two months. If you want to leave your name, we could get you in.
Finally got a CP from that alert

Also holy shit Ivara's Artemis Bow is ridiculous! O_O
Artemis is particularly great since it lets you spam her 1 ability with alt-fire.

Got a 50% off voucher today, I've only got 20% in that past and was holding off for a 75% off.

This 50% has left me with a difficult choice...

Strider

Got a 50% off voucher today, I've only got 20% in that past and was holding off for a 75% off.

This 50% has left me with a difficult choice...

Same happened to me a couple of days ago... Went with a small amount of plat with some steam credit I already had. I'll wait for 75% off to purchase anything major.

Izayoi

Banned
Just starting this... The last time I really played and dedicated my time was at launch on PS4. I'm downloading and updating the game on PC while I'm at work and I'm excited to play when I get home. I played a little on the PS4 recently and really fell in love with the game. Moved my PC to my gaming room and hooked it up to my plasma. I hope the game plays as well with a controller on the PC as it does on the console.

And yet I have 11K+ platinum... I need more...

You have 11k and it still gives you the chance to get more on the cheap!?

I was kinda hoping if I ignored the 20% it throws at me weekly I would get a higher %. I guess it did work, now I'm wondering if I ignore this 50% if it will increase my chances of a 75% coupon.

Izayoi

Banned
I was kinda hoping if I ignored the 20% it throws at me weekly I would get a higher %. I guess it did work, now I'm wondering if I ignore this 50% if it will increase my chances of a 75% coupon.
From my understanding, I don't think that's how it works... Was doing some reading and it seems like there are even some founders who have never got a 75% discount and they have been playing for fucking ever.

Edit: What's the over-under on me getting a 75% discount the first time I log in after four years? :lol

Double posting is what happens when you have two tabs open

From my understanding, I don't think that's how it works... Was doing some reading and it seems like there are even some founders who have never got a 75% discount and they have been playing for fucking ever.

Edit: What's the over-under on me getting a 75% discount the first time I log in after four years? :lol

Extremely high, I got a 75% off when I logged in after not playing for 3 years. Chances are high your next roll will be another 75% or 50%. I'd imagine DE has increased odds for folks returning from long breaks like that.

Izayoi

Banned
Extremely high, I got a 75% off when I logged in after not playing for 3 years. Chances are high your next roll will be another 75% or 50%. I'd imagine DE has increased odds for folks returning from long breaks like that.
oh baby

I'm looking to drop at least $50 on platinum to get back into the swing of things. So much has changed, the game is hardly recognizable anymore. What an amazing transformation on DE's part - I'm really impressed.

There are no region limitations, aside from potentially having a high ping of course. The clan is full, but we have a number of people who haven't played in over two months. If you want to leave your name, we could get you in.

Artemis is particularly great since it lets you spam her 1 ability with alt-fire.

The name's TatteredHat, started playing about a week ago. :)

VandalD

The name's TatteredHat, started playing about a week ago. :)
You've got an invite waiting for you. After you join, you could look into building a clan key at your ship's foundry. That will let you access the clan's dojo on the star map, which gives you access to a lot more weapons and frames, provided you have the mastery rank to use them.

Also I feel like it needs to be said, but Nova's Prime skin is the best skin! Novabae! She has legwarmers ffs!

it's warframe.market :D
I feel stupid for buying frame sets ingame now, lol. The prices are... like a quarter.

Dyslexia!

oh baby

I'm looking to drop at least $50 on platinum to get back into the swing of things. So much has changed, the game is hardly recognizable anymore. What an amazing transformation on DE's part - I'm really impressed.

I imagine $50 during a 75% off would net you alot of platinum. Use warframe.market if you're buying frames btw, way cheaper...you gotta put them build them but even then...still much cheaper.

So I've started playing Warframe for the first time this week.

It's a tad overwhelming. No idea what I'm doing really but I picked Mag which the internet seems to think is poopy (although some people think its amazing), got to venus, bought the cheap assault rifle and pistol with credits. Keep getting stuff that I've no idea what use it is. Didn't start to get the hang of how Mag works until lvl15 or so, pull is great for trash, magnetise is great for tougher mobs.

I've got a lot of reading to do.

But two quick questions.

Is exploring, looking for every crate and locker worth the time? Seems everyone I've squaded with has just ignored exploring all together.

Should I use relics when I get them? The rewards seem a bit pointless early on, got a venka prime blade from the first one I used, can't see me using that anytime soon.

Arrrammis

It's a tad overwhelming. No idea what I'm doing really but I picked Mag which the internet seems to think is poopy (although some people think its amazing), got to venus, bought the cheap assault rifle and pistol with credits. Keep getting stuff that I've no idea what use it is. Didn't start to get the hang of how Mag works until lvl15 or so, pull is great for trash, magnetise is great for tougher mobs.

But two quick questions.

Is exploring, looking for every crate and locker worth the time? Seems everyone I've squaded with has just ignored exploring all together.

Should I use relics when I get them? The rewards seem a bit pointless early on, got a venka prime blade from the first one I used, can't see me using that anytime soon.

At some point you start getting more resources from killing enemies than opening all of the containers, and a lot of folks just run through the missions to get the rewards or exp. If you need resources then feel free to open any container you come across, but IMO it's not worth going out of your way most of the time.

As far as relics go, you will end up using a lot before you get enough parts to build something (unless you get super lucky), but you can feel free to use them whenever. Personally I usually save mine until I have a bunch, then grab some folks and we all run relics so that we have a better chance of a certain drop (i.e. we all use the same relic, so there's a higher chance of getting what we want).

VandalD

But two quick questions.

Mag is fine. I started with her way back. I'd argue she's not the best choice, but you can do plenty with her.

The game is kind of a jumbled mess of words and names you just have to get used to seeing. If you can push through that, and learn to mod your weapons, you'll probably have a good time.

Public squads tend to speed run missions. Feel free to explore in solo though. Opening containers can be good early on because the enemy counts aren't very high, and you need all the resources you can get.

I wouldn't say using your relics is pointless, but you should probably just focus on progressing through planets and completing quests. Relics, and the equipment that comes from them, are a little bit more of an endgame thing. The non-prime stuff is capable of getting you through the entire star chart. There's no issue with using them as soon as you get them though.

Nordicus

If you feel overwhelmed, just focus on what quests and "Junctions", (which function as gates between planets) tell you to do.

Usually on every planet, the new Junctions will tell you to familiarize yourself with one new gameplay element. Pace yourself.

Manzoon

Banned
So I just started using my Akbronco Prime again, despite kind of hating the guns. I got a riven yesterday for them that had a kind of nuts base roll, plus I didn't realize it was a 100% status shotgun.

That riven is 350% damage, 80% reload speed, and -60% status duration (who cares, haha).

Manzoon

Banned
Yeah, haha. Akbronco has a 4 disposition, I guess because everyone hates it.

Currently formaing it up, a thing I never thought I would do for the Akbronco Prime. I apparently put a catalyst on it when I leveled it for mastery over a year ago out of self-hatred or something, so that saved me 20p.

Izayoi

Banned
I imagine $50 during a 75% off would net you alot of platinum. Use warframe.market if you're buying frames btw, way cheaper...you gotta put them build them but even then...still much cheaper.
4300 plat if my math is right.

Checking out warframe.market right now - this site is awesome! From what I've read, Rhino and Trinity are the two I should focus on out of the gate. I'm rolling with Excalibur for now.

I plan on just buying the Prime variants from other players - seems to be very reasonably priced if I just buy the whole set. (Trinity is just 25-40 plat!) Should I spend more time with Excalibur before I get the other frames, or just go right for something more useful?

Rafy

Checking out warframe.market right now - this site is awesome! From what I've read, Rhino and Trinity are the two I should focus on out of the gate. I'm rolling with Excalibur for now.

I plan on just buying the Prime variants from other players - seems to be very reasonably priced if I just buy the whole set. (Trinity is just 25-40 plat!) Should I spend more time with Excalibur before I get the other frames, or just go right for something more useful?

If you can afford it, buy them ASAP. I'm pretty sure Trinity will shoot up in value very fast.

Excalibur is a very solid choice all the way into end game, honestly. But of course I picked Mag way back in 2012 or whenever.

I wouldn't say Trinity and Rhino are what you should "focus" on per say. It really depends on your playstyle, think of frames like different heroes in a hero shooter. It's going to be about which kit you like the most more than anything else.

There is no real way to "try" a frame before you commit, but I honestly suggest getting as many frames as possible by whatever means (either buying them via platinum or farming their parts and building them).

Manzoon

Banned
I just rolled my Akmagnus into a 340% damage boost so that was nice.

Nice, Akmagnus was the first sidearm I catalyzed, was a great stopgap till I was able to get some other weapons (Vaykor Marelok being the big one).

Warframes give the most advancement towards your mastery levels, and they have no required mastery rank in order to use, so getting as many as you can and leveling them all up will help you gain access to other weapons faster. Even if you have the primed versions it's still worth your time to get the regulars if only for mastery fodder.

Nearly all of the assassination missions will drop the components for one of the warframes, and you buy the blueprints from the store to make them after assembling those parts. It's a nice way to try out a frame before committing platinum to the primed version if you intend to buy them. Some of the vaulted frames are stupid expensive, and it's probably not worth the plat over the base versions. They'll be unvaulted at some point and the price should go down then.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
32 TO HOURS TO BARO STOCKING USELESS SHIT AGAIN

Nordicus

Got my gorgeous pupper after few days of wait, Lil Carnage.

Downright infested my heart
VZXBDV5.jpg

Manzoon

Banned
Got my gorgeous pupper after few days of wait, Lil Carnage.

Downright infested my heart
Nice, mine is baking right now. For some reason I thought you had to have Nidus first, I've lanced so many of those cysts and had to start loading up all my frames looking for one when I realized my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom