• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Bladelaw

Only missing four trophies now: All weapons, All tools,
last chalice boss
, and the platinum.

How do the tools/weapons trophies work? Can I collect them all across multiple characters or do I need them all on one? Are there any completely missable weapons/tools? If these trophies aren't too unreasonable then I may actually go for the plat.

silva1991

last chalice boss
, and the platinum.

How do the tools/weapons trophies work? Can I collect them all across multiple characters or do I need them all on one? Are there any completely missable weapons/tools? If these trophies aren't too unreasonable then I may actually go for the plat.

You need to get all weapons with one character for the trophy

4rE6mtw.gif

h0tp0ck3t

last chalice boss
, and the platinum.

Regarding missable weapons, Sidequest and Ending spoilers ahoy

the Blade of Mercy requires Eileen's Questline and Logarius Wheel Alfred's. The Burial Blade you need to fight Gherman which unless you used the three Umbilical Cords will require you to end that NG session. If you die to the Moon Presence you can get the Burial Blade without going to the next NG+

Edit: Derp. rereading your post you already have the endings

Bladelaw

Regarding missable weapons, Sidequest and Ending spoilers ahoy

the Blade of Mercy requires Eileen's Questline and Logarius Wheel Alfred's. The Burial Blade you need to fight Gherman which unless you used the three Umbilical Cords will require you to end that NG session. If you die to the Moon Presence you can get the Burial Blade without going to the next NG+

Edit: Derp. rereading your post you already have the endings

Cool, then I'm all set for weapons, just need to buy/find the ones I'm missing.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
In the 6 attempts at him, I managed to land only one but nearly used up all my reserve of bullets. Yes I suck, lol. Gonna give it a go again later after I farm some bullets.
Logarius is IMO one of the tougher bosses of the main game. Plus you could be underleveled when you get to him, depending on when you tackle that area.

Besides shooting him, you can also backstab him with a charged R2 (with a fast weapon, of course) if you dodge certain attacks in a way that puts you in a good spot.

Bladelaw

Logarius is IMO one of the tougher bosses of the main game. Plus you could be underleveled when you get to him, depending on when you tackle that area.

Besides shooting him, you can also backstab him with a charged R2 (with a fast weapon, of course) if you dodge certain attacks in a way that puts you in a good spot.

Agreed, Logarius is still the only boss that consistently gives me trouble. Here's a couple tips that helped me:
On the way there: Give yourself some blood bullets and restore your health on the rooftop gargoyle, I went through more bullets in this fight than most bosses combined.

Phase 1: be patient and pick your shots. I had more luck using heavy weapons in in this phase to just get a big hit in then back off. Repeat as needed. If you get lucky and he swings his scythe go for a parry if possible, otherwise dodge into him and get another hit in. The best chance to hit him is when he makes the giant orb and drop it on you. It's enough time to get 2-3 hits in and stay safe.

Phase 2: Switch to a quick weapon, untransformed Ludwig's blade was enough for me. If he does his knife storm, attack it's center to make it stop. I swear these things aimbot you whenever you try to heal. His flying sweep can be dodged into (not away) and you maybe able to get a hit in. You might be able to parry it but the risk is too high for me. Everything else CAN be parried, use those blood bullets to practice the timing because he seems to have a bullet deflecting aura whenever he can't be parried. It's easier to see with a pistol (I use Evelyn) as the bullets warp around him. If you try to fight him without parrying you're gonna have a bad time. I'm sure it's doable but you'll be playing a losing game of attrition.

Dave_6

I'm level 61 and currently using the Blades of Mercy (using the transformed one so I can use the pistol). My only other +6 weapons are the Rifle Spear and the Saw Spear.

Dave_6

First attempt tonight, get him down to maybe 1/8 inch left on his health bar. Get greedy, spam R1 then next thing I know I'm dead :/ Nine more attempts later, can't even get him down to 1/2...

EDIT: Finally!

Madaras Whistle. Finish Valtr's questline. Crush 5 Vermin and speak to him in Forbidden Woods. Reload area and he'll be gone, leaving only his helmet. Pick it up and a Hunter will be waiting for you. Kill him and he drops it.

I accidentally hit him causing him to fight me, after I killed him the hunter showed up, that's how I got the whistle. I had a look online after to check the consequence of killing Valtr, but as I don't play online and I don't use summons it didn't bother me killing him.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I finally got the platinum on this, is there any likelihood I might still get that platinum theme and if so, how? Thanks.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
I finally got the platinum on this, is there any likelihood I might still get that platinum theme and if so, how? Thanks.

You should do. Make sure your PlayStation account is setup to receive emails. I did mine a few months ago and I got the email within a couple days of getting the trophy.

Bladelaw

So I didn't realize one of the weapons I'd need for the all weapons trophy was in the chalice dungeons. Am I missing something or does going through these require a lot of BS farming for ritual mats? I'm apparently super over leveled for the depths I can produce since bosses were dying in one combo so it's more tedious than an interesting challenge.

Yakhont

Neo Member
So I didn't realize one of the weapons I'd need for the all weapons trophy was in the chalice dungeons. Am I missing something or does going through these require a lot of BS farming for ritual mats? I'm apparently super over leveled for the depths I can produce since bosses were dying in one combo so it's more tedious than an interesting challenge.

Is the weapon the Beast Claws? The only material I needed to farm were level 5 Ritual Blood. But that should be later than the Beast Claws. The materials for the earlier dungeons should be easy to get just by opening all chests you come across, including in the side areas.

Bladelaw

Is the weapon the Beast Claws? The only material I needed to farm were level 5 Ritual Blood. But that should be later than the Beast Claws. The materials for the earlier dungeons should be easy to get just by opening all chests you come across, including in the side areas.
I must have missed one since I'm short a single ritual blood (2)

I summoned for Orphan of Kos tonight after lots of tries. The weather is hot and I can't be patient any longer lol. I have to say I feel bad since I made all the way here alone and then can't finish it by myself.

It turns out to be quite a story. I summoned 3 times. The first 2 tries, each with a different person, were very decent with my helpers really knowing what they are doing, I made some stupid, greedy mistakes and cost us the matches. Then the last try, I got one of them again and we entered the fog, then suddenly the other guy got summoned as well. Lol, it's like the universe saying that jeez dude you suck, here you go.

The AI seems broken when facing against 3. I barely got like 4 hits in and the boss was dead.

A hunter is really never alone, lol.

Bladelaw

Is it bad that I kept a save right before Maria in the cloud so I could do that fight anytime I wanted?

It's by far my favorite fight out of any of From's games.

h0tp0ck3t

Is it bad that I kept a save right before Maria in the cloud so I could do that fight anytime I wanted?

It's by far my favorite fight out of any of From's games.

Seriously such an awesome fight

Maria I'm sorry I could only beat you by luring you into a corner and Auger of Ebrietas cheesing you

http://i.imgur.com/imO7v9T.gif

http://i.imgur.com/PD2IL8u.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ygHrhlb.gif

I wish you could replay bosses in the game or have the option to manually save on multiple slots. I only just now realised I could have used the copy to usb or upload online option to have multiple saves, such as before each boss. I usually fight a boss multiple times to capture enough footage but some bosses I end up killing too quick, the Lady Maria boss I almost ended up killing straight away using my saw cleaver before I realised using the Chikage and Old hunter Bone would look much cooler.

Bladelaw

I wish you could replay bosses in the game or have the option to manually save on multiple slots. I only just now realised I could have used the copy to usb or upload online option to have multiple saves, such as before each boss. I usually fight a boss multiple times to capture enough footage but some bosses I end up killing too quick, the Lady Maria boss I almost ended up killing straight away using my saw cleaver before I realised using the Chikage and Old hunter Bone would look much cooler.

You're not wrong about looks, I went the Blades of Mercy route for maximum style factor the first time, but subsequent runs have been using Chikage just because having bloody swords swinging around looks bad ass.

Eh, it incentives to play multiple runs with different builds

Dark Souls 2 have an option to replay areas but elevates the difficulty to NG+ each time

Cathcart

Fuck Logarius. I am totally useless against him, think I'm done with this for now.
Recently played BB for the first time since 2015. I remembered Cainhurst pretty well and that there was a fight on the roof but otherwise had forgotten all about it so I figured the boss much have been a pushover. Three days later I'm on attempt one billion thinking man I guess my skills have really deteriorated in my old age (40 as of June).

Finally beat his ass...and then got the trophy, lol. I guess I just noped out of it with my first character.

Recently played BB for the first time since 2015. I remembered Cainhurst pretty well and that there was a fight on the roof but otherwise had forgotten all about it so I figured the boss much have been a pushover. Three days later I'm on attempt one billion thinking man I guess my skills have really deteriorated in my old age (40 as of June).

Finally beat his ass...and then got the trophy, lol. I guess I just noped out of it with my first character.

Did you found the secret room?

Dave_6

I finally got him the next night after having some patience and really figuring out the fight. Lack of patience is the only problem with this game for me, lol.

I'm now stuck in Yharhargul (I know I spelled it wrong) and keep dying over and over.

Wamb0wneD

Sooo can someone tell me what the point of Skill/Arcane hybrid scaling weapons is when I can't imbue them with any element like the Twin Blades? What's the Arcane scaling for here? I read somewhere that it doesn't do anything for physical attacks. I'm confused.

I'm at the nightmare of mensis now, fuck this giant spider lol. Also still have to beat Amygdala and the Daughter of Chaos. Also still didn't make it to my first lantern in the the Hunters Nightmare.

Edit: Holy fucking shit I just beat the Daughter but she killed me in the exact same moment........Bye bye 30 k Blood Echoes...FUCK.

h0tp0ck3t

Sooo can someone tell me what the point of Skill/Arcane hybrid scaling weapons is when I can't imbue them with any element like the Twin Blades? What's the Arcane scaling for here? I read somewhere that it doesn't do anything for physical attacks. I'm confused.

I'm at the nightmare of mensis now, fuck this giant spider lol. Also still have to beat Amygdala and the Daughter of Chaos. Also still didn't make it to my first lantern in the the Hunters Nightmare.

Edit: Holy fucking shit I just beat the Daughter but she killed me in the exact same moment........Bye bye 30 k Blood Echoes...FUCK.

Did you get the Prey Slaughtered message before you died? I died at the same time as a chalice boss and it still gave me credit for beating him

the twin blades deals arcane damage by default so you cant infuse them with elemental damage unless you use a specific elemental gem so you have to invest in arcane (a lot) or use the Lost version which specializes in elemental builds.

There a few arcane weapons on the main game like the Tonitrus and the burial blade who uses skill and arcane, on the DLC you will fond more useful arcane weapons like the boom hammer and the moonlight sword

Wamb0wneD

the twin blades deals arcane damage by default so you cant infuse them with elemental damage unless you use a specific elemental gem so you have to invest in arcane (a lot) or use the Lost version which specializes in elemental builds.

There a few arcane weapons on the main game like the Tonitrus and the burial blade who uses skill and arcane, on the DLC you will fond more useful arcane weapons like the boom hammer and the moonlight sword

Ooooh so it actually uses both. Well nice, I already feared I screwed up my build lol. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/i/moments/900103507394560001

Compilation of all my DLC gifs plus a link to the main game gifs included.

I've just got a couple bosses left now before I'm finished with the game. It's a masterpiece and easily turned into one of my favorite games of all time. At just over 80 hours played spread over the course of 2 months I'm just a little sad it's coming to an end.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
https://twitter.com/i/moments/900103507394560001

Compilation of all my DLC gifs plus a link to the main game gifs included.

I've just got a couple bosses left now before I'm finished with the game. It's a masterpiece and easily turned into one of my favorite games of all time. At just over 80 hours played spread over the course of 2 months I'm just a little sad it's coming to an end.
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it so much! And thank you for the great GIFs. \m/

Top Bottom