• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

LMN

Hi guys, I'm going to fight Abyssal Fiend to farm for Heaven set, if anybody want to join

Room: Gaf
pass: vitagaf

Edit: never mind, room close, will try again when there are more ppl

koutoru

I just found out that Toukiden was released on the PSP in Japan.
I have to say, the Vita version is a big improvement over the PSP version (as expected).

toukiden-2013621161052_4.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
I assume you mean purifying impure items. Sometimes when you pick up a shiny object on the ground the name will be "Impure Object" in red. After completing the quest you'll be able to purify it at the screen where it records the items you picked up. They're pretty rare though. If you've played MH they're pretty much Toukiden's version of Rust Shards/Weapons.
They automatically purified at the result screens.
That achievement is for obtaining 10 Impure Objects. They can be picked up from the shiny spots on fairly rare occasion. They have a red name which makes it more noticeable when you pick them up. At the end of the mission, those items will be "purified" into weapons.

In general, the term purify is used for using R on corpses and parts, though.

Edit: Double ninja'd
Yeah, i was indeed thinking about the impure objects, i didnt quite remember the name, sorry :) Thanks for the info everyone =)

ramyeon

Hi guys, I'm going to fight Abyssal Fiend to farm for Heaven set, if anybody want to join

Room: Gaf
pass: vitagaf

Edit: never mind, room close, will try again when there are more ppl
I'd be keen on doing this sometime today. We'd probably need at least one other person though, the fight takes a lot longer with NPCs.

Scher

I'd be keen on doing this sometime today. We'd probably need at least one other person though, the fight takes a lot longer with NPCs.

I'd also like to join for some abyssal fiend farming, if y'all get that going sometime later. I'm getting fed up with literature searches and could use a break.

LMN

Cool =), I just need one more =P. I will keep an eye for this thread and join with both of you when you are ready.

LMN

I'm going to go ahead and make a room for abyssal fiend, then.

Room: gaf
Pass: vitagaf

I'll just sit in here and wait on y'all to join.

ok, I will join u guys now

Edit: that was fun guys, sorry but got to leave now, need to start reading for upcoming test =P

Scher

Is there any room left? I need 1 rosary to create full set :(

EDIT: Wait, I just got Yamato pool boost. I need to kick other bosses ass instead now since Abyssal Fiend only have Minamoto no Yoshitsune.

There is one spot left if you'd like to join us for abyssal fiend. We just now got out of a mission. I'll wait a little bit to see if you respond or join.

ramyeon

I'm actually having luck today, got a rosary every time we fought him just now! 1 left for me too now.

Edit: I'll be back, need to level up Mitama!

Scher

I'm actually having luck today, got a rosary every time we fought him just now! 1 left for me too now.

Edit: I'll be back, need to level up Mitama!

I've gotten 2 rosaries previously, but I've gotten none during this set of runs. I'd really like to get those last 2 for the sake of it.

ajim

What's this update I just downloaded? Something to do with soul sacrifice? And something about save file incompatible? What?

Scher

What's this update I just downloaded? Something to do with soul sacrifice? And something about save file incompatible? What?

It's the soul sacrifice cross over boss. There's a mission you can access in the multiplayer lobby to fight Cerberus from Soul Sacrifice.

ramyeon

It adds Cereberus from SS as a DLC boss. Save files on the new version aren't compatible with the old version so if you delete the game and redownload you'll need to update it for your save to work.

Looking for +1 or 2 to fight Abyssal Fiend!

Seil

Update's from a bit ago. It adds SS crossover DLC missions to MP and fixes a save corruption issue. Saves in this version aren't compatible with prior versions(that's what it's pointing out). So upon playing after the update, you couldn't downgrade and still use the save.

Edit: Always ninja'd =(

Also wish I was far enough to participate in the farming x.x Not even sure when it unlocks. I'm just about to tackle Hell's Sentinel in phase 7 - haven't played much today.

Scher

Update's from a bit ago. It adds SS crossover DLC missions to MP and fixes a save corruption issue. Saves in this version aren't compatible with prior versions(that's what it's pointing out). So upon playing after the update, you couldn't downgrade and still use the save.

Edit: Always ninja'd =(

Also wish I was far enough to participate in the farming x.x Not even sure when it unlocks. I'm just about to tackle Hell's Sentinel in phase 7 - haven't played much today.

Abyssal Fiend is at the end of phase 8. Hell's Sentinel should be the last phase 7 mission.

It adds Cereberus from SS as a DLC boss. Save files on the new version aren't compatible with the old version so if you delete the game and redownload you'll need to update it for your save to work.

Looking for +1 or 2 to fight Abyssal Fiend!

Do you prefer to just keep waiting, or is there any other mission you'd like to do while we wait?

krossj

I can join for 30 mins or so if that is cool? I just need some Golden skulls for heaven set but up for doing more abyssal if that is what you are doing.

Scher

I can join for 30 mins or so if that is cool? I just need some Golden skulls for heaven set but up for doing more abyssal if that is what you are doing.

If you'd like to do abyssal fiend with us, feel free to hop in for a bit. We can do a run or two with you.

Scher

Network failure mid way :/ I don't have the patience to take him on with just Nagi either haha.

I'm attempting to finish it because I've broken all the limbs, but I kind of wish I had just dropped out, too, because this is a terrible solo fight.

krossj

Thanks guys, I went ahead and finished the quest. Was fun while it lasted, hopefully team up with both of you again sometime but it's 3 am here so i'm done for the night.

The online stability can be really frustrating at times.

Scher

Thanks guys, I went ahead and finished the quest. Was fun while it lasted, hopefully team up with both of you again sometime but it's 3 am here so i'm done for the night.

Thanks for joining, at least! Kind of unfortunate the connection decided to screw us over.

ramyeon

No worries! Yeah it's a bit hit or miss.

Waiting on you Shengar.

Abylim

Definitely slowing down, upto Phase 8, and between randoms dying constantly, and the wonky netcode, my desire is fading.

Trying to at least get to phase 10 though. I have a lot of fun when I can play with others, but its not working out. My friend is coming up, hes on chapter 3 SP, trying to convince him to get into the mp, but its hard when everything is hidden behind SP progress!

Scher

Another rosary!

Definitely slowing down, upto Phase 8, and between randoms dying constantly, and the wonky netcode, my desire is fading.

Trying to at least get to phase 10 though. I have a lot of fun when I can play with others, but its not working out. My friend is coming up, hes on chapter 3 SP, trying to convince him to get into the mp, but its hard when everything is hidden behind SP progress!

That really is one of the most annoying decisions they made with this game. It sucks that some really useful stuff is locked behind single player.

Edit: Not all players ready glitch.

Would one of you like to recreate the room, or should I go ahead and recreate it?

ramyeon

Did you all leave? Went to go make the armour and now the room isn't showing up anymore.

Edit: Now it is, weird.

Shengar if you need golden skulls we can do Cerberus

Top Bottom