• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Seil

I kept going to the bath during male times in hope to meet up with this one-eyed master.

Bloody hell. I really need his "increased chance of obtaining Mitama" skill.

Haha, went in just now and got him. But I don't know where I want to use it x.x Boost's called Heroes' Guidance btw. "Makes it easier to obtain Mitama."

Also just noticed the typo I made in "obtaining".

Haha, went in just now and got him. But I don't know where I want to use it x.x Boost's called Heroes' Guidance btw. "Makes it easier to obtain Mitama."

Also just noticed the typo I made in "obtaining".

What? this boost isn't a persistent thing? You need to get him to soulmate, THEN bath with him to get this boost? urghhh..

Seil

What? this boost isn't a persistent thing? You need to get him to soulmate, THEN bath with him to get this boost? urghhh..

Soulmate isn't necessary. One or two stages below that also works. I'm currently only at Unbreakable Bonds(Yamato and Shikimi are all that remain for me. So close)

But yeah, gotta play the RNG game and hope haha.

Shengar

They're bath boosts. So you have to manage to luck out and meet them in the bath while having the appropriate relationship level to obtain their boost.

Tatara can give you Armory or the weapon equivalent(Man at Arms I think?) which boosts the rate your armor or weapons "level up".

Shusui has Appraisal.

Shikimi gives Greed.

Yamato increases the chances of obtianing Mitama.

The 6 combat NPCs each give a bonus that affects their weapon type.

I forget Kikka and Yu's abilities =/
What is the effect of Appraisal?
Yu I believe gives you the skill which makes armor compability raise faster.

Seil

What is the effect of Appraisal?
Yu I believe gives you the skill which makes armor compability raise faster.

Appraisal increases the odds of finding rarer materials from purification.

And I think you're right. Maybe she and Tatara both give Armory and the weapon equivalent. I know for certain Tatara can give either one, not sure about Yu.

Edit: Just got Kikka: Recuperation (Lv.2) - "Increases the refill rate of the red portion of the Health Gauge."

Forgot because it's so lackluster haha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yamato gave an increased chance to obtain Mitama with his bath effect? Not true. He gives Attack Boost Level 2. I've got him in the bath a few times and that was the boost he always gave me. Or maybe there's two types of boost he can give?

Tatara gave Men at Arms, Yu gave its armor counterpart. Party members gave their weapon skills, example Fugaku with Flurry, Hatsuho with agility, Nagi with wider cursed shot arc, etc etc.

Seil

Yamato gives an increased chance to obtain Mitama with his bath effect? Not true. He gives Attack Boost Level 2. I've got him in the bath a few times and that was the boost he always gave me.

Tatara gave Men at Arms, Yu gave its armor counterpart. Party members gave their weapon skills, example Fugaku with Flurry, Hatsuho with agility, Nagi with wider cursed shot arc, etc etc.

You have to be a certain relationship level to get the special boosts. I can assure you that at Unbreakable Bonds and higher Yamato gives Heroes' Guidance.

And Tatara can give both the weapon and armor effects(I got Armory last time). Not sure if Yu can give both or not.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You have to be a certain relationship level to get the special boosts. I can assure you that at Unbreakable Bonds and higher Yamato gives Heroes' Guidance.

And Tatara can give both the weapon and armor effects(I got Armory last time). Not sure if Yu can give both or not.

Hmm, I see.

ramyeon

Trying to farm Edax Hornbits is doing my head in, and it has given me my first real complaint about the sword. Finding it near to impossible to guarantee I break his horns with my special. I almost always end up getting one of his arms or his back. Must have fought him around 20 times now and only have 1 Hornbit. Argh.

Edit: Not just sword, dual sword as well. Ugh. This is the first time the game has really tried my patience. I've been fighting nothing but Edax since yesterday afternoon.

Seil

i found my first impure object today. are they always invisible?

All 4 or 5 of mine have been, so I assume so, but dunno.

Trying to farm Edax Hornbits is doing my head in, and it has given me my first real complaint about the sword. Finding it near to impossible to guarantee I break his horns with my special. I almost always end up getting one of his arms or his back. Must have fought him around 20 times now and only have 1 Hornbit. Argh.

Edit: Not just sword, dual sword as well. Ugh. This is the first time the game has really tried my patience. I've been fighting nothing but Edax since yesterday afternoon.

Sucks x.x Maybe just focus down his horns by climbing up and wailing on them instead of relying on the destroyer? I could help out in 30 mins or so if you still need 'em then.

Scher

Everybody loves me!

6jKbXDwl.jpg

That really sucks that you're having so much issue getting hornbits. I was having a lot of trouble earlier getting hot breastplates from firebird, myself. Would you like any help with farming hornbits? I could join you for a little bit to try and break horns.

ramyeon

Everybody loves me!

6jKbXDwl.jpg

That really sucks that you're having so much issue getting hornbits. I was having a lot of trouble earlier getting hot breastplates from firebird, myself. Would you like any help with farming hornbits? I could join you for a little bit to try and break horns.
Any help would be welcome! I just killed like 4 in a row and couldn't break any horns. Used my destroyer twice on all of them and it broke their arms and back every time. NPCs are useless as usual of course :/

I'll make an open room called Edax Farm now!

Edit: Someone who's only Phase 2 is in there so I can't do anything :/ if he doesn't leave soon I'll make a private room.

Scher

Any help would be welcome! I just killed like 4 in a row and couldn't break any horns. Used my destroyer twice on all of them and it broke their arms and back every time. NPCs are useless as usual of course :/

I'll make an open room called Edax Farm now!

Edit: Someone who's only Phase 2 is in there so I can't do anything :/ if he doesn't leave soon I'll make a private room.

Going to just go with a private room now?

ramyeon

Kept getting people who were in low Phases joining a room called "Edax Farm" when they hadn't even unlocked him yet :/ gonna have to make it private, same name with pass 1234.

Edit: And I got the usual error :p recreating now... fingers crossed.

Edit 2: Error again... what's going on today? Usually we're fine :/

Scher

Kept getting people who were in low Phases joining a room called "Edax Farm" when they hadn't even unlocked him yet :/ gonna have to make it private, same name with pass 1234.

Edit: And I got the usual error :p recreating now... fingers crossed.

Guessing another error? Want me to make the room?

tried to play with a friend but got disconnected after 1-2 games, like every time. soul sacrifice had way better netcode.

All 4 or 5 of mine have been, so I assume so, but dunno.

kk. a bit of a pain to active the vision effect. start/select are so small and touching the screen is uncomfortable.

Seil

tried to play with a friend but got disconnected after 1-2 games, like every time. soul sacrifice had way better netcode.

kk. a bit of a pain to active the vision effect. start/select are so small and touching the screen is uncomfortable.

The screen is uncomfortable? ._. Do you touch the character? You can tap the bottom right corner where the Mitama skills are, too. That's what I do.

ramyeon

Don't worry, if you do it an infinite number of times, you'll have to get those hornbits!
On the plus side I'll never be short on any of his other drops lol.

Edit: Nothing again. I'd be questioning their existence if I hadn't got one earlier today :/

Edit 2: Got one! One more to go!

Shengar

I should definitely hope not, I'll be insane by then haha. I can't remember what any of the other Oni were like to fight anymore D:

Damn ramyeon, you should try to have a break by pounding a Nightblade or something D:
Well, that remind me to not too obsessed with Dreadhalf myself.

Scher

I'm not even sure if the horns broke that time or not. It looked like they did in the last second.

Edit: Apparently they did! Talk about last second.

Seil

Even if certain body part breakes it still goesn't guarranty getting loot from it ?

Nope. Or well, you get loot from it, but that doesn't mean you'll get the part. There are other items mixed in like voices, black sand, soul crystals etc that you can also roll.

ramyeon

Feels so good to turn in that quest! Although I'm so burned out on Edax I don't think I can play much more today haha. Thanks a bunch man, every time I tried to break his horns when we played I broke other parts unintentionally :/ so hard to break specific parts with the longsword.

Scher

Feels so good to turn in that quest! Although I'm so burned out on Edax I don't think I can play much more today haha. Thanks a bunch man, every time I tried to break his horns when we played I broke other parts unintentionally :/ so hard to break specific parts with the longsword.

Congrats! Glad that you finally got it done. I can definitely understand the issues with breaking specific parts. I always have issues with potentially missing certain parts in favor for others.

Seil

Grats! I was about to ask if you needed another person lol. I could guarantee horn breaks at least.

ramyeon

Congrats! Glad that you finally got it done. I can definitely understand the issues with breaking specific parts. I always have issues with potentially missing certain parts in favor for others.
Yeah it's those small ones that are close to so many others that are a real pain.

Next on my to-farm list is Abyssal Fiend if you guys are up to that.

Scher

Yeah it's those small ones that are close to so many others that are a real pain.

Next on my to-farm list is Abyssal Fiend if you guys are up to that.

I could use that, as well. I've still got a bit of time left before I pass out, so I'd be up for that.

Seil, I'm guessing you're Eins? Do you want to join us for abyssal fiend?

Edit: I guess you aren't. I wonder who that was, then.

ramyeon

I could use that, as well. I've still got a bit of time left before I pass out, so I'd be up for that.

Seil, I'm guessing you're Eins? Do you want to join us for abyssal fiend?
Rad, I need some of those Rosaries for that sweet looking Heaven armour set.

Scher

Alright, sorry to bail on you after only 2 fights, but I'm ready to get some sleep now. It was fun playing with you, though!

ramyeon

Is Heaven Armor Set unique? Not just recolor of other armor?
Yeah it's unique I believe. Looks pretty cool, seems impossible to get the Rosaries from Abyssal Fiend though... no luck yet haha. And he takes ages to take down as well.

I'm probably gonna call it a night Scher, thanks for your help earlier though!
Alright, sorry to bail on you after only 2 fights, but I'm ready to get some sleep now. It was fun playing with you, though!
Ha, that timing :p no worries, they were 2 pretty long fights.

Omega Force really knows how to play their waifu cards

I'm at end of chapter 2 and can't stop laughtning how they
used the she only looks 16 but she is much older trick

Top Bottom