• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Gilded97

Neo Member
Sorry but how can anyone criticize the purple blob when the reason why it looks like that is properly foreshadowed and explained as an
incompatible fusion of mortal and immortal with the immortal part remaining after the body is destroyed.

The manga has
"they're fused at a celular level, so clearly they now reproduce asexually"
bullshit going on.

I don't mind a plot point based on half immortal half non-immortal. It's an interesting thing I was curious about how it'd play out. I just wish they didn't butcher Fused Zamasu's design using it.

Gilded97

Neo Member
Zamasu was also clearly dying to Goku when he used the Haikai.

He wouldn't have used Mai otherwise. It's a contradiction, plain and simple.
He was afraid of the possibility of dying. He doesn't know the limits of his immortality, why would he test those limits? He used Mai so he wouldn't have to find out. That and he was on a quickly running out time limit as far as he was concerned, and we can be pretty sure neither Black or Zamasu could fight against Goku on their own at that point.

Gilded97

Neo Member
With the visual references and all? Because I really liked that.

Wasn't a fan of the Goku Black arc (ore pre-ToP Super for that matter) so I probably missed out on some cool details here and there.

They cut Zamasu in half the same way, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have all the visual references.

He was afraid of the possibility of dying. He doesn't know the limits of his immortality, why would he test those limits? He used Mai so he wouldn't have to find out. That and he was on a quickly running out time limit as far as he was concerned, and we can be pretty sure neither Black or Zamasu could fight against Goku on their own at that point.

I'm pretty sure an immortal being knows when he's fucking dying.

Goku was exhausted at that point. Black would have killed him easily.

Fj0823

Not on Toyotaro's watch!

All characters are afraid of Goku, and he will always mention how he always have a solution to beat them and if he doesn't he'll just give Goku a God of Destruction level technique out of nowhere

Remember, In the manga Goku didn't
surrender
against Hit because he knew he was outmatched, he did it because he was
beating him too easily with Hit's killing moves off the table

Toyotaro even graces the manga with lines about how Vegeta would easily beat Hit if he wasn't tired.

Fuck. The. Manga.

No one, no one would think anything good of Hit if the manga version was the only version, let alone want him for this game.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I don't get why people hate manga Black so much. The only thing I disliked was that he didn't use the ki blade as much. Also, manga Fused Zamasu beats anime Fused Zamasu hands down.

NB31wDW.png

This art is not bad or anything, but man, compared to the collage of Toriyamas majestic fight panels in the page before, its night and day

Gilded97

Neo Member

1. At that point we're debating something that can't be proven and have two completely different opinions on the matter.

2. Vegeta still had enough energy in him to go Blue and use Gamma Burst Flash, which is more than likely enough to kill Black. Even then Goku and Vegeta could team up. And Goku said Future Trunks was stronger than the immortal Zamasu. Say what you will, but as far as Fused Zamasu was concerned, once the fusion was done so were Black and Zamasu.

cordy

Banned
Slaythe on life support.

Also some other notable things

- Super's Bulma in the cutscene
- 18 looking over Krillin was cute and we've also seen 18 wearing her Super clothes too?
- Android 16 looks dope as FUCK

FDC1

Preorder now and get open beta early acces + SSB Goku and Vegeta early unlock (they're not in the base roster?) + 2 lobby avatars

cordy

Banned
While I could see 17 as a DLC character, I feel like if anything Super 17 would stand a better chance of that. 18 has had a lot more action scenes, while stuff like 17's barrier would work in also giving 18 a defense support. I'd love to see GT DLC or something in general, but I also hope movie characters like Janemba or Broly get in.

Wn3gLZe.jpg

Welp

Freeza has a different intro now, sorta. Just makes his usual pose when powering up instead of the pose he did in his first form.

I dun like it.

FSLink

Banned
I mean the writing was kinda on the wall for 17, this just confirmed it. Maybe we'll get Dragon Ball FighterZ: Tournament of Power a year or two from now.

Blue Goku and Vegeta are interesting picks for early unlocks with preordering, wonder why they chose them over a villain or something. Not like it matters, you'll be able to get them by playing anyways.

RocBase

February huh? Sooner than I expected.

Suddenly I'm not so sure about that big roster anymore. Think people were right on guesstimating 24.

Blue Goku and Vegeta are interesting picks for early unlocks with preordering, wonder why they chose them over a villain or something. Not like it matters, you'll be able to get them by playing anyways.

They're probably doing it because of Dragon Ball Super currently going on with SSB being the most used form. Don't really know, just a hunch.

Did anyone else expect to see black in that trailer, when I saw the ruined city I immediately thought Black or Zamasu was announced.

A February release date would be the a great birthday gift for me :).

LotusHD

Banned
They're probably doing it because of Dragon Ball Super currently going on with SSB being the most used form. Don't really know, just a hunch.

Did anyone else expect to see black in that trailer, when I saw the ruined city I immediately thought Black or Zamasu was announced.

A February release date would be the a great birthday gift for me :).

Literally first thing I thought once I saw that lol

Top Bottom