• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I shall be like this, rather see them do something with characters like Bulma or Videl.

I wouldn't advocate her being considered over Videl or Bulma, because you could do interesting things with them as well (More so Bulma, but Great Saiyagirl would be awesome). But I think Arale could help add a really fun goofy character to round the roster out.

I'd be down with tech weirdo Bulma! I think Launch would also be pretty interesting, could have her sneezing be a stance change and make some pretty neat combos with that. Probably never gonna happen, though.

Slaythe

DBS Android 17 would already succeed in doing that.

mRCtTR1.gif

Slaythe

I wonder what kind of improvements the PRO and X versions will include? Just a resolution boost?

The usual, better IQ, better resolution and faster loads maybe.

If it's anything like the other UE4 fighters, PC version is gonna put console versions to shame, have less input delay, 4 times faster loads etc... :/

I feel like DBZ gets away with it because the matches last very long.

You know I got your back, man.

Thank you.

maks

Likewise, I don't think they'll save Hit for DLC, especially when we know that the game will cover material up to the Future Trunks arc.

I must have missed it, was it revealed that the game covers up to future trunks arc? I thought the game was going to have an original story and because of that the manga/anime arcs may not matter.

I was hoping an original story gives them greater flexibility on who they will include at launch. Android 16 is a pleasant surprise and even new character debuts could be possible.

Neoxon

I must have missed it, was it revealed that the game covers up to future trunks arc? I thought the game was going to have an original story and because of that the manga/anime arcs may not matter.

I was hoping an original story gives them greater flexibility on who they will include at launch. Android 16 is a pleasant surprise and even new character debuts could be possible.
SSJB Vegeta has a move pulled straight from the Future Trunks arc.

Slaythe

You would think they would have made use of this uncanny coincidence :

250px-GGXRD_FD.png

tumblr_otww8axLrc1rd4ymxo6_500.gif

tumblr_ooikn6VJOI1w3p557o1_540.gif

17 doesn't need to charge ki, that means the "charge ki" input is wasted, they could give him the Xrd barrier (with tweaks obviously) to have a unique system.

Slaythe

It's not the Guilty Gear team working on it. This team is just using the GG engine so I wouldn't expect many GG references.

BDTSWU.jpg

All their games have something that looks like it so yeah... :p And the team working on this played Xrd so it's not like they're oblivious to this.

No Radditz so far as well, so you're not alone :(
Feels like
tumblr_lpugboqTQ61qjzyjko1_500.gif

I need a real Saiyan in this game :/

Is he your favorite character or just a character you like ?

Is he your favorite character or just a character you like ?
Favorite, by far. Only Gotenks and the boys themselves (Kid Trunks and Goten) come close.
I also enjoy his moveset in the DB fighting games. Extreme Butoden even had a move that makes him use his tail :3

tumblr_mflza5vE4o1r72ht7o10_r1_500.gif

Underappreciated move.

I honestly don't think Ginyu is likely at all, and I think Mr satan is very iffy since I'm not sure he has the moveset or abilities to work him into a more serious fighting game (unlike stuff like xenoverse which are more about fanservice)
Ginyu's in Extreme Butoden. They already got a moveset for him to pull from.

I think he has a chance, though he's one of the most expendable ones from that roster.

HardRojo

Damn I'll be busy all day tomorrow so I might miss the sign-ups if they do happen. Got class early in the morning from 7 to 10 am, then gonna be busy for some personal business (IYKWIM), then I got 2 job interviews back to back and finally class from 7 to 9 pm. I'll try and be on the lookout whenever possible.

We can expect gameplay footage from the latest build tomorrow, right? At least there's that to look forward to I guess.

Ginyu's in Extreme Butoden. They already got a moveset for him to pull from.

I think he has a chance, though he's one of the most expendable ones from that roster.

I honestly think extreme butoden has much less of a bearing on this roster than some people think, given that the majority of the work really wouldn't be transferable

Slaythe

Ginyu not only would have a nice moveset but he's also got some comedy to him which adds to diversity.

If he's anything like his EB self, he'd be a complete waste of a slot.

I honestly think extreme butoden has much less of a bearing on this roster than some people think, given that the majority of the work really wouldn't be transferable

They are using the character references and sheets they made for EB, so it does make the approval and design faster.

But they probably cut some characters. Raditz Nappa or Ginyu, I can't see all 3 in. But maybe they are.

Favorite, by far. Only Gotenks and the boys themselves (Kid Trunks and Goten) come close.
I also enjoy his moveset in the DB fighting games. Extreme Butoden even had a move that makes him use his tail :3

tumblr_mflza5vE4o1r72ht7o10_r1_500.gif

Underappreciated move.
I would really appreciate Raditz, he marked a turning point in the series with his appearance, too bad that despite being the brother of the protagonist, he doesn't get to do much. I also loved how his moves are named after days of the week and if he and Nappa both make it, it will complete the Saiyan Invasion trio. I personally like stuff like that which is one of the reasons why 18 and 16 being in, but no 17 is a huge bummer.

Speaking of the androids does anyone else wish that 17 and 18 get called their real names? I mean #8 at least had the nickname Eighter, 16 I sort of understand, since he died in the cell arc, but once 17 and 18 get back to normal life why didn't they go by their real names?

Slaythe

Since their memories were erased by Gero, they most likely don't remember their names.

It was never stated they had their memories erased was it ?

17 mentioned having retained his human likings so I think he remembers.

I see not using their old names as turning the page and focusing on the present.

cordy

Banned
If he's anything like his EB self, he'd be a complete waste of a slot.
All they'll have to do is give him some updates. Besides that Ginyu's a better villain than Raditz of all people. Nappa and Ginyu are both great enough to add diversity to the villain side especially given what they've brought to the series.

It was never stated they had their memories erased was it ?

17 mentioned having retained his human likings so I think he remembers.

I see not using their old names as turning the page and focusing on the present.

Yeah, you're right. #18 just says they hated Gero for changing them into Androids and nothing else.

When #17 wanted to wait for a car instead of flying, #18 noted that he was still "part human", but that's all I can recall.

Admittedly I do want Raditz, Nappa and Ginyu to all be in. lol

But if I gotta pick one, gimme Nappa. I'm not big on saiyans but he's probably my favourite outside Saiyan/Freeza saga Vegeta. That and I dig his moveset in EB.

Top Bottom