• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Lulubop

OR7mot.gif

Dranakin

Is this game looking to be better than Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? I'm tempted to trade my Wii copy into GameStop if I replace it with FighterZ.

Fj0823

Is this game looking to be better than Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? I'm tempted to trade my Wii copy into GameStop if I replace it with FighterZ.

Tenkaichi 3 is pretty much a Dragon Ball Simulator. Full of flashy stuff and lots of characters

FighterZ is a technical fighter with deeper mechanics and gameplay

Why not both?

Dranakin

Tenkaichi 3 is pretty much a Dragon Ball Simulator. Full of flashy stuff and lots of characters

FighterZ is a technical fighter with deeper mechanics and gameplay

Why not both?

Ah, got it. Guess I gotta use my BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Fightstick Tournament Limited Edition for something (assuming there's legacy support for PS3 figtsticks on PS4).

Before people kill me DBZ Legends is the best dragon ball ever made not named zenkai battle royale.
Z6L90B.gif

I always found Budokai games extremely clunkly even during the ps2 days.. Final Bout as well.

VariantX

Not even the same type of fighting game. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is comparable to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Gundam Versus, J-Starrs etc.. FighterZ is closer to Guilty Gear, Marvel, Blaz blue, and some other anime fighters.

Gilded97

Neo Member
While I could see 17 as a DLC character, I feel like if anything Super 17 would stand a better chance of that. 18 has had a lot more action scenes, while stuff like 17's barrier would work in also giving 18 a defense support. I'd love to see GT DLC or something in general, but I also hope movie characters like Janemba or Broly get in.

Wn3gLZe.jpg

Neoxon

While I could see 17 as a DLC character, I feel like if anything Super 17 would stand a better chance of that. 18 has had a lot more action scenes, while stuff like 17's barrier would work in also giving 18 a defense support. I'd love to see GT DLC or something in general, but I also hope movie characters like Janemba or Broly get in.

Wn3gLZe.jpg
............No. Super 17 is a travesty that must be forgotten like the trash it is.

Now DBS 17 on the other hand, that I can get behind.

Gilded97

Neo Member
I don't get why people hate manga Black so much. The only thing I disliked was that he didn't use the ki blade as much. Also, manga Fused Zamasu beats anime Fused Zamasu hands down.

NB31wDW.png

I don't get why people hate manga Black so much. The only thing I disliked was that he didn't use the ki blade as much. Also, manga Fused Zamasu beats anime Fused Zamasu hands down.

NB31wDW.png

You are crazy.

Anime Fused Zamasu shits all over his manga counterpart.

Not only he has original attacks but he's also way stronger.

Skeeter49

My one thing I wish Fused Zamasu did, is have a different Kamehameha attack, that was combined with Zamasu's over the top godly attacks, so it was some type of godly Kamehameha.

I feel like manga Zamasu's attacks would work better in a fighting game like this, even if anime Zamasu's attacks are better.

Gilded97

Neo Member
You are crazy.

Anime Fused Zamasu shits all over his manga counterpart.

Not only he has original attacks but he's also way stronger.

You're kidding. That purple blob Bio-Broly reminder he turned into in the anime is nothing compared to the buff Goku-Kai fusion we got in the manga that had actual Kai powers and did portal combos. He also had the Divine Wrath that anime Zamasu had. I'd say he was pretty original, especially since no one with Kai powers had ever been an actual threat before.

Nah man. That shit came out of nowhere and latter got contradicted to hell.

It got alluded to in chapter 15, but translators didn't catch it due to Destruction being synonymous with the technique.

QPp0zQP.jpg

You're kidding. That purple blob Bio-Broly reminder he turned into in the anime is nothing compared to the buff Goku-Kai fusion we got in the manga that had actual Kai powers and did portal combos. He also had the Divine Wrath that anime Zamasu had. I'd say he was pretty original, especially since no one with Kai powers had ever been an actual threat before.

It got alluded to in chapter 15, but translators didn't catch it due to Destruction being synonymous with the technique.

QPp0zQP.jpg

The manga version has nothing original. His personality is actually worse too since he was going to destroy the universe something both Zamasus didn't want to do.

Beerus in chapter 26 said he can't kill immortal beings but one chapter before Goku was doing that with his fucking technique.

Gilded97

Neo Member
The manga version has nothing original. His personality is actually worse too since he was going to destroy the universe something both Zamasus didn't want to do.

Beerus in chapter 26 said he can't kill immortal beings but one chapter before Goku was doing that with his fucking technique.

That doesn't contradict anything though. Goku was using the technique because he thought it might do something. Beerus confirms afterwards that the technique would have likely just made a bunch of Zamasu dust that grows back into Zamasu. It was a hype technique that falls in line with Beerus saying in the latest chapter that Completed SSB is strong enough to be a GoD in another universe.

As for Fused Zamasu's personality. Part of his character was starting out as something like the hero of his own story, but after he as a god takes mortal qualities into himself (Goku's body) he becomes as barbaric and hateful as the very barbarians that made him despise mortals in the first place. Those parallels somewhat become the point, and it was done pretty well.

TPI36r9.jpg

edit: I'd like to add the anime also went with that route regarding Fusion Zamasu, but they decided to do so by making his right arm turn into a disgusting lopsided purple goop that ended up making the fight choreography awkward as hell.

Fj0823

Sorry but how can anyone criticize the purple blob when the reason why it looks like that is properly foreshadowed and explained as an
incompatible fusion of mortal and immortal with the immortal part remaining after the body is destroyed.

The manga has
"they're fused at a celular level, so clearly they now reproduce asexually"
bullshit going on.

How can anyone defend that.

Also Final Fantasy Final Boss Moveset >>>>>Janemba ripoff moveset

Also the real reason THE FUTURE TRUNKS ARC sucks in the manga, is a distinct lack of Future Fucking Trunks.

We don't know yet. The Japanese registration was done via PSN (on PS4 and the website), so that's what's expected for US sign-ups, but we don't have confirmation yet.

Ok, thank you. I was completely confused and thought that there was some website to sign up. I look forward to (not) getting the beta code

Top Bottom