• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

[OT]

Damn, Destiny 2 looks good.

Injustice 2 also looks good and just dropped.

Why are there so many good games to play these days?? Can't keep up when I spend all my time playing BE lol. The backlog is impossible at this point.

LucaMac

Sakura is the best mage in JP right now. Super good and basically the equivalent to Ayaka for black mages. In longer fights where there's no Lightning Resistance, she gets up to 6600% per turn if her 100% Lightning Imperil activates. In shorter fights, she has Rebel Intention as an ender. She also has several different buffs including a 100% ATK and a 100% MAG (separate), a 50% elemental buff, and a 20% Damage cut.

The banner that has MAX on it is the type separate banner. Only units that they've classified under the two types listed (Magic and Defense) there show up and they come out at max level so you can evolve them right away.

Awesome. Done three multipulls so far and got no rainbows, but got Tidus and now Sakura on dailies. Only 5 days in and enjoying all the lapis available. Started into doing trials now. OHKO on the 20 stamina behemoth...I imagine a few others will fall as easily. Just have to wait for you to reappear as a friend summon now.

[OT]

Why are there so many good games to play these days?? Can't keep up when I spend all my time playing BE lol. The backlog is impossible at this point.

I just put in like 140 into Persona 5. Nier is next. Then I have no idea. Maybe I'll get back into FF14?

Sharing my Noctis with

95% evade and Ribbon

Should help people struggling with the trial.

I can consider Safety bit on him but it drops his evade to 80% max

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not even sure what I want to get from the Mog King.

I really don't care to farm more mats, don't need the cacturs, and the items aren't particularly good.

Tickets? Maybe the Cacturs and dagger.

Quick question for some of you with the ridiculous buff units, which by comparison to mine is most of you. Anyone have any characters they think are strong enough to cheese any of the CotF content with rewards worth worrying about? Like I figure I can't really do much about Gilgamesh for a while but it sounds like I might be able to take Beasts of the Dark when my first set of TM's are done.

Any I should take a swing at now or just stick to TM's and awakenings for a while?

Alkez

I just put in like 140 into Persona 5. Nier is next. Then I have no idea. Maybe I'll get back into FF14?

My issue is that I never play games that actually have an ending. Right now I'm playing this, FE Heroes (after quitting as well), Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm (for crossover event), and Diablo 3 (with friends).

I really want to play Nier but I need to stop playing these endless games first. The list I have is definitely over 50 games, but that is everything including old games that I missed and want to play at some point (Chrono Trigger!!)

robotuw

I beat the ADV and PRO version of Echidna, and with that and the wiki page I think I have a plan ready for ELT.

Ling (status heal, mp restore, backup rezzer)
Minfilia (confusion block and wind resist)
Refia (#1 healer girl with dualcast and safety bit)
Orlandu (chainer)
Orlandu friend (chainer)

Refia is going to need the safety bit since this setup won't include a tank with provoke. With her guaranteed to live she can full-raise the rest of the group. The Landu's can just attack until the esper summon is ready. I'm debating putting the blind sword on Landu instead of Excal, though the elemental chain is probably still worth it. Unless I get unlucky I shouldn't need items either, since Ling and Refia will both have auto-refresh.

Report:
I wiped. I underestimated the charm (which is bullshit by the way since it's unavoidable and the only way to get rid of it is to exploit a targeting bug) and after she hit Refia with it twice in a row I was done. It didn't help I put bushido on Minfilia, who really shouldn't have it since she's the one applying buffs in the first place. Silencing Echidna with thunder blade to bait the tornado attack worked well when I had Minfilia's wind and confusion resist up. I'll probably try that again. I might give up trying to get all missions at once and take Cecil along, he would make this so much easier.

Report:
I wiped. I underestimated the charm (which is bullshit by the way since it's unavoidable and the only way to get rid of it is to exploit a targeting bug) and after she hit Refia with it twice in a row I was done. It didn't help I put bushido on Minfilia, who really shouldn't have it since she's the one applying buffs in the first place. Silencing Echidna with thunder blade to bait the tornado attack worked well when I had Minfilia's wind and confusion resist up. I'll probably try that again. I might give up trying to get all missions at once and take Cecil along, he would make this so much easier.

The charm is why a 100% provoke tank is so important

Qons White Knight Noel is the best one

[OT]

My PS4 Backlog alone is at around 120 games right now. That doesn't even count Switch/Wii U/PC/Everything Else. I just started putting the names of my games in a bag, and pulling one out and I play what it says. I put new games in the bag as I buy them. Exceptions are out there like DQ Heroes 2 I played instantly and so on.

SeanTSC

So, anyone have like hardcore Reddit maths on Fryevia gear?

I only have one of her, so the best I can do for her atm is Needle + Enhancer for weapons.

Equipment options: Brave Suit, Siren's Robe, Creepy Mask, Black Cowl, 2 Ruler's Rings, 2 Earrings, Dual-Wield, Power of Creation, Quick Assault, 30% Atk x1, 30% Mag x2.

I can also grind up 4 Letters & Arms (if I ever got a Genji Glove), and 1 Vanille TM (only have 1 of her) to improve her more in the future. I could also grind a Doublehand from Bartz, but iirc Dual Wield is the way to go on her.

I more or less know that hard stacking Magic is the way to go, but I'm wondering just how big the boost is using a Letters & Arms over Power of Creation or Earrings and Vanille's TM over Ruler's Rings. Also Brave Suit Vs. Siren's Robe.

Pejo

Just read up on the Echidna trial. Man I fucking hate status effect trials. I'll give it a try this weekend I guess.

If you build a perfect evade unit, do you still get it with charm and the other statuses?

Just read up on the Echidna trial. Man I fucking hate status effect trials. I'll give it a try this weekend I guess.

If you build a perfect evade unit, do you still get it with charm and the other statuses?

Have a good 100% provoke tank take the charm if you can

You definitely dont want your healer and support units getting hit with it

robotuw

So, anyone have like hardcore Reddit maths on Fryevia gear?

Someone did a more hardcore analysis a while back, but here's some builds.

L&A Build
Right Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK+112MAG
Left Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50% MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50% MAG Sword
Ability 4: Letters and Arms +50% MAG Sword
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 4347 MP: 366 ATK: 433 DEF: 196 MAG: 812 SPR: 234

Her doublehand is not to be underestimated though. If you take off enhancer and add another L&A in place of dual wield you get

Total Stats: HP: 4347 MP: 366 ATK: 443 DEF: 196 MAG: 957 SPR: 234

Your more half-assed build would be

Accessory 1: Earrings +3DEF+20%MAG
Accessory 2: Earrings +3DEF+20%MAG
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: MAG +30% +30% MAG
Ability 4: MAG +30% +30% MAG
Total Stats: HP: 4140 MP: 353 ATK: 460 DEF: 197 MAG: 700 SPR: 186

Someone who actually has her should be able to tell you where the doublehand tipping point is. I'd recommend playing around with the unit calculator if you haven't already.

Set my 100% immune Noct as my friend unit, no safety bit because star quartz. 3 failed attempts at this trial. Save yourself some trouble and just use Snow or any 100% provoke tank.

Rixa

Someone did a more hardcore analysis a while back, but here's some builds.

L&A Build
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50% MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50% MAG Sword
Ability 4: Letters and Arms +50% MAG Sword
Total Stats: HP: 4347 MP: 366 ATK: 433 DEF: 196 MAG: 812 SPR: 234

Her doublehand is not to be underestimated though. If you take off enhancer and add another L&A in place of dual wield you get

Total Stats: HP: 4347 MP: 366 ATK: 443 DEF: 196 MAG: 957 SPR: 234

Your more half-assed build would be

Accessory 1: Earrings +3DEF+20%MAG
Accessory 2: Earrings +3DEF+20%MAG
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: MAG +30% +30% MAG
Ability 4: MAG +30% +30% MAG
Total Stats: HP: 4140 MP: 353 ATK: 460 DEF: 197 MAG: 700 SPR: 186

Someone who actually has her should be able to tell you where the doublehand tipping point is. I'd recommend playing around with the unit calculator if you haven't already.

Is there a reason why not to use Genji Glove if one has it? Obviously go with DW if no GG.

I seriously cannot wait till we get the training dummy

would be so much easier to track damage potential and comparisons

Im also trying to figure out the best build for my fryevia

Visceir

I stuck with enhancer on my fryevia. Since I didn't have any other rods besides the 72 mag one I figured I might as well just stick with enhancer instead of going equip rod+wizard rod.

Also don't exactly have loads of SQ to throw around and the equip rod will be a waste of space as soon as I get another high mag sword.

Vanille's TM is definitely worth getting, it's +30% spr too which is quite awesome. It's still the best accessory for mages on JP...except for exceed ring, I guess.

I only had 2 Ingus' so my Fryevia right now has genji glove, vanille TM, 2x Shantotto, 2x L&A, needle and enhancer....will prob buy the neko hood and give her espers trial robe.

I'm about to dust off my Olive and put her ass to work to defeat this stupid plant demon. While it's 50% resistant to light that 50% thunder debuff and sparky with some setzer chains are gonna destroy that ass. Brb, hold my beer!

Shouta

I'm 99% sure Balthier will be in the next batch of enhancement candidates and being my very first premium 5* DPS I absolutely want to enhance him, but god help me coz i'm only sitting at 2 T4 red crysts!

Better get farming then! I just did the 90 EN Story mode again and got another T4 Attack Cryst. =o I'm up to 13 now, yas

robotuw

3rd echidna wipe in a row now. This is getting annoying. Flare just doesn't seal. Silencing it just makes flare and tornado happen. Qon's WKN was MVP but I can't do much when she flare's, charms, and drains on the same f'ing turn. Anyone got an evasion cheese friend set up?

3rd echidna wipe in a row now. This is getting annoying. Flare just doesn't seal. Silencing it just makes flare and tornado happen. Qon's WKN was MVP but I can't do much when she flare's, charms, and drains on the same f'ing turn. Anyone got an evasion cheese friend set up?

I just found out Charm can be dispelled. I didn't know this before. I am running my Noct as 100% evade but no safety bit so the the death spell may kill you.

Ken

Rip in peace

I didn't do any status ailments to her and just tanked through everything with Minfillia's Wind/Stone Guards and Def/Spr group buff.

Dandte

Reddt has a new carry thread, but if most of our whales and dolphins should be able to build the same noctis, though it looks like rng can still wipe the floor woth you.

eggydoo

[OT]

BE has taken a backseat for me as well since i've been playing Persona 5. About to pop in Nier as well.

Visceir

Better get farming then! I just did the 90 EN Story mode again and got another T4 Attack Cryst. =o I'm up to 13 now, yas

u0dbKJ5.jpg

Firion's Fin Briar is the only red upgrade I've done, lol.

Visceir

Only Firion? Don't you have like an Orlandu, or Tidus? lol

I'd have more than that if I took back all my enhancements though, lol. Randi, Tidus, Orlandu, etc

Recently pulled Eileen, but she's still lvl 1. I kinda like Nyx better as my dmg dealing chainers, might have to eventually enhance Eileen if only for that friend level though...

I'll probably hold off on it until weapon enhancements are in game, just to make sure those dont use the same mats.

And nah, no Orlandu or Tidus. Prishe was my only 5* chain unit up until guaranteed rainbow gave me 2 Nyx....and then now Eileen on Sakura banner.

Shouta

Recently pulled Eileen, but she's still lvl 1. I kinda like Nyx better as my dmg dealing chainers, might have to eventually enhance Eileen if only for that friend level though...

I'll probably hold off on it until weapon enhancements are in game, just to make sure those dont use the same mats.

And nah, no Orlandu or Tidus. Prishe was my only 5* chain unit up until guaranteed rainbow gave me 2 Nyx....and then now Eileen on Sakura banner.

Oh, that explains it, lol.

I can't wait for Prishe enhancement. I think she'll be the next one I go all in on in terms of crysts . =o

Say what? That sounds interesting

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some quick math.

If you choose to do a daily pull versus refreshes for Mogking. Each daily is worth 4000+ King currency. Without any bonus units and on the low end.

Alkez

My PS4 Backlog alone is at around 120 games right now. That doesn't even count Switch/Wii U/PC/Everything Else. I just started putting the names of my games in a bag, and pulling one out and I play what it says. I put new games in the bag as I buy them. Exceptions are out there like DQ Heroes 2 I played instantly and so on.

LOL. That may be the most efficient method I've heard. Not going to lie, if I saw 120 games on my list I think I would have an anxiety attack.

Iceman829

Emperor Fire from Below is so good. Killed the boss before I could evoke the esper. I wasn't expecting my last chain to do so much. I'll try again in a few hours when that WKN rolls up on my FL again. I don't think anyone came close to being in danger the whole fight. I want that that mission clear!

Bleh now I need to unequip every item and equip my other guys for the raid and arena. Why can't we have separate team equips Gumi. This is madness!

robotuw

Yep, fuck this trial. Insta-killed Refia with 5k hp, 300 def, and 400 spr with a 40% def/spr buff on (and no it wasn't the death kiss, she had the safety bit on too). Evasion Noctis it is; you won't play fair then I won't either.

Lyrian

Done, and I **never** want to see this POS fight ever again.

Yep, fuck this trial. Insta-killed Refia with 5k hp, 300 def, and 400 spr with a 40% def/spr buff on (and no it wasn't the death kiss, she had the safety bit on too). Evasion Noctis it is; you won't play fair then I won't either.

Good luck to you, man. Flare is magic-based and will bypass evasion :/ (EDIT: Well.... Reddit seems to be claiming that all of her magic abilities are being treated as hybrids (in error?) and can be evaded. Nifty, if true.

You need to have either Minfilia or Marie tier elemental resists up at all times.

70% wind + Guard Order/Focus over half life, 70% wind and earth and Guard Order/Focus at the 50% threshold and thereafter.

The threshold turn and every third turn thereafter is a pray to RNGesus. Most of my party was in the ~5500 HP range (outside of Snow), and they were **barely** living through those Flare --> Tremor --> Tornado --> Toxic Claw chains.

At one point, I just started defending on those turns to minimize the RNG bullshit. It just wasn't worth the constant headaches.

But, yeah, this is one of those fights that the longer it goes on, sooner or later RNGesus is going to screw you via Charm or bad dice rolls on those nasty combo rounds every third turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom