• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Seriously though, John Woo selected films would be a good one for them, if any of them haven't seen them all.

A Better Tomorrow
A Better Tomorrow 2
The Killer
Hard Boiled
Hard Target
Broken Arrow
Face/Off
Mission Impossible 2

The Killer would be good just so I can go "oh shit that's from Cuban Linx" like 80 times

Lunar FC

Anybody here into skateboarding that can reccomend a decent pair of trucks and wheels for a beginner? ��

Edit: Probably a longshot.

The guys are pretty wrong about the order of the F&F series.

1. The Fast and the Furious
2. Fast Five
3. Furious 7
4. 2 Fast 2 Furious
5. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
6. Fast & Furious
7. Fast & Furious 6

hamchan

2. Fast Five
3. Furious 7
4. 2 Fast 2 Furious
6. Fast & Furious
7. Fast & Furious 6

Putting Fast 6 last might be the worst list related to this series I've seen.

2. Fast Five
3. Furious 7
4. 2 Fast 2 Furious
6. Fast & Furious
7. Fast & Furious 6

Fast Five not first? Fast and Furious 6 is last? 2 Fast 2 Furious being on top of anything? Your list is wack.

1. Fast Five: Perfect pacing and tone. The Rock at his most intimidating. Has most of the ensemble cast. Fantastic ending.
2. Fast and Furious 6: Best action set pieces in the series. Great climactic team battle.
3. The Fast and the Furious: The one that started it all. Solid movie. Johnny Tran's a good villain.
4. Furious 7: Great sendoff for Paul Walker. Good action, but leans to much toward being the Vin Diesel show instead of family.
5. Fast and Furious: Solid, but generic and forgettable
6. Tokyo Drift: Maximum Han and Tokyo is cool, but the movie's pacing is slow and boring
7. 2 Fast 2 Furious: Meme-tier, direct to DVD quality, non-essential DLC sidestory

Moaradin

From what I've seen (watching first time with film & 40s)

1. Fast Five
2. Tokyo Drift
3. The Fast and the Furious
4. Fast and Furious
5. 2 Fast 2 Furious

The Fast and The Furious is #1. Call me old fashioned but I like my street racing movies in a series about street racing to be about street racing. I'll go watch Snatch if I want a heist romp.

The Fast and The Furious is #1. Call me old fashioned but I like my street racing movies in a series about street racing to be about street racing. I'll go watch Snatch if I want a heist romp.

What are you talking about? The Fast and the Furious was a thriller/drama about an undercover FBI Agent taking down a dangerous criminal ring and ending the string of robberies plaguing the trucking industry of California. Also there are cars.

Also in Back to the Future they sometimes go to the past, what the fuck, franchise ruined.

I never understood the "Not street racing anymore!!" complaints.

street racing tho

Big ass safe demolition derby!

Also in Back to the Future they sometimes go to the past, what the fuck, franchise ruined.

I never understood the "Not street racing anymore!!" complaints.

I'm not a big racing enthusiast, but I understand the complaint. But...would you really want 7 movies all about street racing? Did the first one do street racing so well that you would want 6 more movies of just that? Tokyo Drift was really the only one that was purely about racing and the competition. Even had a "loser leaves town" stakes. Which might be why I don't rate it so high. I was so relieved when they glossed over that one race in Fast Five. Every other movie is about using street racing and cars to take down criminals.

I am on mobile data but obviously I need to know as soon as possible if I can look forward to the end of chapter 4 in Beast in the East tonight.

I'm getting some "Super Replay in its prime" vibes from BitE. It's nice to have a lengthy, entertaining video to look forward to each week.

Under 2 hours again?

I'm gonna have to speak to the manager.

I like how Beast is so good right now that an off week is when one of their three weekly premium features is under two hours long

1. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
2. The Fast and the Furious
3. Fast Five
4. Fast and Furious 6
5. Fast and Furious
6. Furious 7
7. 2 Fast 2 Furious

I didn't like Furious 7 at all.

kiguel182

Still can't find the extended edition for rental. All the versions (except 7) are on Google for 3 euros but it's the standard.

Hopefully they'll do normal from now on. 7 is on Netflix here so hopefully that is also the normal version and not the extended...

EDIT: Anybody in the PAL region rented this stuff on VOD? Do they sync or are there issues because of the different region?

Aselith

edit: how could I forget jason

200_s.gif

Still can't find the extended edition for rental. All the versions (except 7) are on Google for 3 euros but it's the standard.

Hopefully they'll do normal from now on. 7 is on Netflix here so hopefully that is also the normal version and not the extended...

EDIT: Anybody in the PAL region rented this stuff on VOD? Do they sync or are there issues because of the different region?

I watched 1-4 from Google Play and they synced fine. If there was some PAL fuckery going on it was unnoticeable.

I don't think you can even get the extended version of 5 on BD here (except import which is going to be the wrong region). Sucks that they went that route and handwave it as "we're going to split the audience anyway". From what I understand all the BD copies of the extended version came with the regular version too..

You can use the regular version and just pause it when needed to get it back in sync. The extended version only adds like 70 seconds of footage anyway.

I'm more surprised that netflix still does disc rentals, much less DVD rentals.

Well it was their business when the company originally launched, I'm sure they still have all their stuff in a vault somewhere.

I still remember gradually watching through all of TNG, DS9, and Voyager through that version of Netflix when it started up. Good shit.

Dany

Banned
Vinny: My son doesn't eat pizza

Dan: *flabergasted for 5 minutes* are you telling me your son doesn't eat pizza!?!?!?!?

Vinny: ...yeah?

Aselith

Vinny: My son doesn't eat pizza

Dan: *flabergasted for 5 minutes* are you telling me your son doesn't eat pizza!?!?!?!?

Vinny: ...yeah?

I'm mean tbf what's going on with that kid. It's a utility food, you might not like some pizza but no pizza? My head is whirling right now, I need to sit down.

Top Bottom