• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Capcom Prepping Dino Crisis Reboot? (OXM UK)

Would be awesome to have a new updated Dino crisis that is as intense as the originals, but I know that is unlikely.

However, a new action game with dino enemies using re6's combat system could be amazing.

Beelzebubs

Dinosaurs becoming the new Zombie? We've recently had Pacific Rim, we have the Kaijus coming in the new Godzilla film and we have Jurassic Park 4 in development. Giant monsters are back baby!

If they do it right (i.e. develop it internally and not outsorce to western devs) this should be awesome. I just bought original xbox to plat Dino Crisis 3 and I'd love to see new game on next gen.

Well, DC2 was the best game in the series and that was an action game, so there are a lot of solid western shooter studios if they do want to outsource. Epic would obviously be the one to get, but i'm not sure if that's even remotely possible.

Steroyd

I don't trust them to do it any justice what so ever.

It will be Resident Evil 6 with dinosaurs.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, if it's more like Leon's missions instead of Chris' ones.

Jake like section would be good T-Rex missions.

Damnit I'm thinking out a blueprint already. :(

Oh dear... who would give a shit really? Given the current state of Capcom if it isn't an iOS game or some shit then I doubt they'd have the capacity to get another major IP revamp off the ground... unless it's outsourced again of course...

Rizsparky

Oh dear... who would give a shit really? Given the current state of Capcom if it isn't an iOS game or some shit then I doubt they'd have the capacity to get another major IP revamp off the ground... unless it's outsourced again of course...

Better than nothing.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I've got such a soft spot for both Dino Crisis games. With survival horror being in short demand, I'd be game for a DC1 type game. But DC2 was a blast too, so an all-out action adventure would be neat too. I just hope it's not mobile/f2p/DC3. Faith in Capcom not mucking it up is a tad low though.

Bollocks

omg

1309805983200236.gif

Shtof

Just imagine the burning feathers on the T.rex. No, let me play as the T.rex instead. Like Lost World on ps1. Now that was a fun game.

As a Dino Crisis fan, I am not hyped at all. Capcom has killed so many of their good IPs that I can totally see this game being just a reboot made by Spark Unlimited.

Jawmuncher

As a Dino Crisis fan, I am not hyped at all. Capcom has killed so many of their good IPs that I can totally see this game being just a reboot made by Spark Unlimited.

After the mess that was DC3. A DC game from spark even at the level of LP3 would be an improvement sadly enough.

Jack cw

Hopefully the new Jurassic Park will make dinos become the new zombies.

Doubt it. Dinos were the zombies in the end 80s, begining 90s and DC1 and 2 were products of the mid 90s. I guess Turok was the last game that tried this formula and wasnt very successful. There are ways to make a good DC game today but I doubt it fits Capcoms Resident Evil formula at the moment.

I don't trust them to do it any justice what so ever.

It will be Resident Evil 6 with dinosaurs.
How would that be bad?

It's not like Dino Crisis has anything to live up to after the first game. Hell, DC2 was already pretty much an action game with tank controls.

I'd like to see them do for Dino Crisis with this game what RE4 did for the RE series. Minus the less than amazing sequels. But I'm not sure they have any teams that could pull off such a feat anymore. The only real standout Director at Capcom anymore to me is Hideaki Itsuno and this isn't really his forte anyway.

Top Bottom