• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor]Final Fantasy 9 remake will be turn based, use the ATB gauge, and will be closer to the Crisis Core remake in ambition

Sleepwalker

Gamer boycotts typically are about as effective as trying to put out a house fire by pissing on the flames, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Specially because those who "boycotted" FFXVI still bought it and played it in order to "validate" their negative opinions. It's very weird behavior, but it's very common around here. Personally if I don't think I'm going to enjoy a game I don't buy it.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I fuckin loved that Crisis Core remake/remaster/whatever so yeah, if they update a FF9 in that sort of fix up Im totally game.

It's bizarre that they would choose to remake 9 and completely skip 8
My theory is that the 7 Remake team is assigned to eventually remake 8 once the 7 Remake saga is complete. I think they want to do to 8 what they did with 7.

I also think they will do something similar with FFX as well, but at least that remake won't take as long to make due to it being way more linear in design. It will look gorgeous though.

Go_Ly_Dow

My theory is that the 7 Remake team is assigned to eventually remake 8 once the 7 Remake saga is complete. I think they want to do to 8 what they did with 7.

I also think they will do something similar with FFX as well, but at least that remake won't take as long to make due to it being way more linear in design. It will look gorgeous though.
I'd wager part of the 7R team has already been moved over to a remake of 10.

Rebirth is about 6 months from releasing. It must be pretty much complete and just polishing up for the most part at this stage.

The final part was seemingly pre-planned years ago and we know started development early last year. The creative planning is all done and I'd guess development will go even smoother than Rebirth. So the creative team, Kitase, Nomura, Nojima, Hamaguchi, Toriyama, Hamauzu etc... must be free'd up to produce a remake of 10 and it would be quite straightforward as you say.

UE4/5 has been a blessing for the BD1 team.

Last edited:

Zheph

I'd wager part of the 7R team has already been moved over to a remake of 10.

Rebirth is about 6 months from releasing. It must be content complete and just polishing up for the most part at this stage.

The final part was seemingly pre-planned years ago and we know started development early last year. The creative planning is all done and I'd guess development will go even smoother than Rebirth. So the creative team, Kitase, Nomura, Nojima, Hamaguchi, Toriyama, Hamauzu etc... must be free'd up to produce a remake of 10 and it would be quite straightforward as you say.

UE4/5 has been a blessing for the BD1 team.
There is another episode after Rebirth tho

Go_Ly_Dow

There is another episode after Rebirth tho
Yup I mentioned that. The pre-planning for that was likely done somewhere around 2019-2021 and we know the final episode/part has been in development since early 2022. It should be even more straightfoward to develop than Rebirth which they said is one of the smoothest development cycles they've ever had. So my point is that they'll have the wiggle room to churn out an FF10 Remake as things stand now, which I think may be real given the supposed insider has some credibility.

Top Bottom