• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Breitbart has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any muckraker who's business it is to destroy other people's lives is a horrible deplorable person regardless of if they are conservative or liberal. It's one thing to report the truth, it's another to deliberately set out to destroy someone, and yet another to lie while doing it.

People have already responded to this so I'm not going to add anything new but people don't consider him scummy just because he's an "advocate" for conservative causes. He was making up lies presented as truths that caused financial and emotional damage to those affected. If a person like Olympia Snowe or Ron Paul died, I don't think you'd see the responses you see here.

Snowe no, but Ron Paul oh lord yeah, but it would be such a hilarious mix of insanity (hatred, religious devotion, odd like him but have no knowledge of his other polices), it would be quite fitting actually.

benjipwns

Banned
Is there really a difference in that both edit their footage and lie about it, because one person lost a job over one and the other didn't? His little register Congressman kids stunt is an example his implying Trey Parker and Matt Stone did his shitty cartoon was another.
That's not all he did. As I claimed before, Moore has deceptively portrayed events willingly despite endless time to edit properly or correct things, Breitbart has mostly just vomited crap he got up onto the internet and used it to gain media exposure.

Both suck. But there's still a difference.
Any muckraker who's business it is to destroy other people's lives is a horrible deplorable person regardless of if they are conservative or liberal.
Politicians deserve it.

That's not all he did. As I claimed before, Moore has deceptively portrayed events willingly despite endless time to edit properly or correct things, Breitbart has mostly just vomited crap he got up onto the internet and used it to gain media exposure.

Both suck. But there's still a difference.

I'll agree if you mean in effort involved/expended.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The best thing that could possibly happen to his children was to have this horrible human being removed from their life.

in-bruges-ralph-fiennes.jpg

That's going overboard, mate! Leave my kids fucking out of it! What have they done? You fucking retract that bit about my cunt fucking kids!

Snowe no, but Ron Paul oh lord yeah, but it would be such a hilarious mix of insanity (hatred, religious devotion, odd like him but have no knowledge of his other polices), it would be quite fitting actually.

A lot of people here dislike Ron Paul's policies and many people have suspicions here of him being racist, but there is a world of difference between just how much more Breitbart was hated and the reaction Paul's passing would get would be considerably less venomous as a result.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I got a one month ban because when Ted Kennedy died I said that even though I wasn't happy that he had died, that he wasn't anywhere near the saint he was made out to be. People here are being far more terrible and they won't even get a 10 second ban.

Of course it boils down to politics and opinion. Stop acting like it doesn't.

I haven't read that particular thread, but if that's all you said, I personally wouldn't have banned you, but of course, it's not my forum, so...

Also, let me ask you this. If Olympia Snowe or Scott Brown died, would you see the same responses as in this thread?

Politicians deserve it.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't say the same of those who happen to be working for them and are genuinely trying to do good within the system. Politicians are fair game, government employees generally shouldn't be, at least not without thorough verification of whatever story's being pushed out.

benjipwns

Banned
I'll agree if you mean in effort involved/expended.
I mean it in terms of that Breitbart hadn't shown the willingness to go out and edit something to specifically support his point of view.

He waited for it to come to him.
Perhaps, but I wouldn't say the same of those who happen to be working for them and are genuinely trying to do good within the system. Politicians are fair game, government employees generally shouldn't be, at least not without thorough verification of whatever story's being pushed out.
I'll drop it here since we have to probably "agree to disagree" (delicious) as to whether they want to "genuinely try to do good" and such.

You got my point, which is really all that mattered.

A lot of people here dislike Ron Paul's policies and many people have suspicions here of him being racist, but there is a world of difference between just how much more Breitbart was hated and the reaction Paul's passing would get would be considerably less venomous as a result.

Not once Ron Paul supporters started in, escalations would occur then, and the result would be the same: hilarious.

I mean it in terms of that Breitbart hadn't shown the willingness to go out and edit something to specifically support his point of view.

In a way that almost seems less mendacious, but more lazy than Moore. However, I get what your saying and agree.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Do even progressives like Chris Matthews?

I thought he was the guy EVERYONE could agree to dislike.

I've just assumed Hardball is still on the air because someone at MSNBC hates us. Hates all of us. In the world. Forever.

I see his point, you like seeing people enthusiastic about the American political process.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Do even progressives like Chris Matthews?

I thought he was the guy EVERYONE could agree to dislike.

I've just assumed Hardball is still on the air because someone at MSNBC hates us. Hates all of us. In the world. Forever.

I like Matthews. :/

But it's mainly cause I love seeing him eviscerate right wingers on his program every so often.

And Breitbart has openly shown disdain for the people whose lives he ruined, and either joy in their suffering or apathy towards their loss. He openly admitted that he didn't care about Shirley Sherrod or what he did to her. The guy was scum. Defending him makes you look like a tool.

benjipwns

Banned
I see his point, you like seeing people enthusiastic about the American political process.
I like Matthews. :/

But it's mainly cause I love seeing him eviscerate right wingers on his program every so often.
Wait, wait, you guys are trolling right?!?
And Breitbart has openly shown disdain for the people whose lives he ruined, and either joy in their suffering or apathy towards their loss. He openly admitted that he didn't care about Shirley Sherrod or what he did to her. The guy was scum. Defending him makes you look like a tool.
He didn't ruin Shirley Sherrod's life. That was the Obama Administration that instantly fired her without doing any research about publicly available footage.

Unless you're arguing that public officials shouldn't have their public statements aired.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
From Wikipedia:

In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick" and "a special pile of human excrement."

What a classy fellow he was.

Ironically isn't that being honest at least? Nothing saying it's not scummy though. lol

From Wikipedia:

What a classy fellow he was.

You'll say the same thing after certain politicians die. Don't act all high and mighty about it.

GAF is pretty disgusting sometimes. Saying that its good that a journalist died... Because they didn´t agree with what he posted.

He didn't ruin Shirley Sherrod's life. That was the Obama Administration that instantly fired her without doing any research about publicly available footage.

Unless you're arguing that public officials shouldn't have their public statements aired.

She was fired specifically because Breitbart put out misleading information about her. Was the Obama administration wrong for firing her? Absolutely, but it still all leads back to how Breitbart put out false information about her and openly admitted he did not care about what happened to her as a result.

Ironically isn't that being honest at least? Nothing saying it's not scummy though. lol
If I had jumped the gun and released footage deliberately made to wrongfully incriminate someone and gotten someone fired from their job as a result, I'd probably try make amends somehow.

I don't think so. People don't hate Ron Paul. They just vehemently oppose some of his policies and/or never want to see him President. But he's not hated. Santorum is hated.

I don't think so. People don't hate Ron Paul. They just vehemently oppose some of his policies and/or never want to see him President. But he's not hated. Santorum is hated.

Ahhhhh okay there's one. How right in front of my face. I was trying to think of someone I could admit to in response to this:

You'll say the same thing after certain politicians die. Don't act all high and mighty about it.

And yeah, Manos is right, Santorum is one. ;p

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/journalism
Yes, because he had a slant doesn´t make him not a journalist.

Uh oh, a dictionary...the ultimate argumentative weapon.

A lot of posts here are way over the line. Sure you might not agree with his morality or his work but if you are going to abuse him after his death and not show a moral high ground yourself then you yourself will be just as bad as how you view him, just on the opposite specter.

A lot of posts here are way over the line. Sure you might not agree with his morality or his work but if you are going to abuse him after his death and not show a moral high ground yourself then you yourself will be just as bad as him, just on the opposite specter.
Not likely.

And yeah, Manos is right, Santorum is one. ;p
Exactly, lord knows I'll probably say some hideous crap about him when he dies.

Errr, yes he is?
No, he is not.

I'm saying his supporters will do it. Remember the one who just got banned?

You don't have to defend this guy just because he was a Republican. He was a liar, and a hate monger. There are plenty of respectable republican journalists. When you defend a guy like this, or Hannity, or Rush..........I don't know. Not happy he is died, but he just seemed like a scummy person. That's how he came off, and he kinda patted himself on the back for it.

A lot of posts here are way over the line. Sure you might not agree with his morality or his work but if you are going to abuse him after his death and not show a moral high ground yourself then you yourself will be just as bad as how you view him, just on the opposite specter.
So because he died people should just gloss over all of his questionable practices?

Because all the years of vileness and flat out hatred of humanity finally caught up to him. It's kind of funny, and I had a feeling that this would happen to him. You reap what you sow.

benjipwns

Banned
She was fired specifically because Breitbart put out misleading information about her. Was the Obama administration wrong for firing her? Absolutely, but it still all leads back to how Breitbart put out false information about her and openly admitted he did not care about what happened to her as a result.
They could have spent an hour, maybe half an hour, or so to review the footage. Instead they called her to pull over on the side of the road and fired her instantly because of something an internet troll put up.

This is the same administration that hasn't fired anyone over Solyndra or Fast and Furious. And I think we can all agree, left, right, voluntaryist nut job that being fired over that is far more deserving than saying you helped all people equally get bad loans.

Yeah, I think I'll blame the people who actually had the power to FIRE her over the internet troll who posted something already on the internet.

So what's going to happen to Moore than?

Congestive heart failure?

They could have spent an hour, maybe half an hour, or so to review the footage. Instead they called her to pull over on the side of the road and fired her instantly because of something an internet troll put up.

This is the same administration that hasn't fired anyone over Solyndra or Fast and Furious. And I think we can all agree, left, right, voluntaryist nut job that being fired over that is far more deserving than saying you helped all people equally get bad loans.

Yeah, I think I'll blame the people who actually had the power to FIRE her over the internet troll who posted something already on the internet.

We are on the same page on this one.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
No one really deserves to die so young. But it's at least somewhat likely cocaine or some other drugs had something to do with it.

O&A said something like "He likes to 'stay up late' if you know what I mean".

ITT I learned that no matter how scummy someone is, all it takes is one person thinking they were ok to supposedly call the fact that they were a piece of shit into question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom