• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Breitbart has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhawk

What is this Obama tape stuff? Some guy was on Hannity saying they are at a safe location and will be released in 10 days, wtf?

Completely off-topic, but if it is anything substantial I think it will truly signal the beginning of an interesting period for those running in politics. Since everyone has mobile phones, videos, photos, FB, twitter, etc., almost every candidate is going to have some provable baggage available to more people than in the past. I'm not talking about a politician getting caught texting nude photos while in office, but someone retaining a photo of them from Facebook 30 years before they even campaign.

So you just assume what anti-Castro Cubans say is complete truth? You really think that is any better?

What about flat-out lying about what the CIA reports? That has nothing to do with your "anti-Castro Cuban" bugaboo...

The guy lies all the fucking time. In F-911, he claimed the Saudis who flew out of the country weren't interviewed by the FBI, when out of the 25+ that left the country, only something like four or five weren't interviewed. So that's an outright lie.

And Moore completely failed to shine a bright light on the fact that Richard Clarke, the "hero" of his movie, was the one that let them leave. Instead, he simply flashed a shot of the entire New York Times article with that nugget up on the screen, and claimed that was his due diligence to the truth. Not an outright lie, sure...but hardly evidence of showing an interest in actually perusing the truth. So, he had Richard Clarke right there...yet he never felt it important to ask him a question about it, even though that's like a central event in the film? Do YOU actually fucking believe that? This is pure propaganda filmmaking here, nothing less. To try and claim Moore is any better than Breitbart in terms of editing to push an agenda is a fucking joke.

Kosmo

Banned
OMG Taibbi is such a piece of shit:

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/03/01/...-fuck-him-i-couldnt-be-happier-that-hes-dead/

Andrew Breitbart: Death of a Douche

So Andrew Breitbart is dead. Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! Fuck him. I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead.

And the war was on:

Rolling Stone staffer Matt Taibbi slammed late conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart today, writingthat he “couldn’t be happier that [Breitbart is] dead.” Then, this afternoon, Taibbi’s Wikipedia page listed him as a “piece of human excrement” and his spouse as “Vaseline and a sock.” His profile snapshot features elephant droppings.

Kosmo

Banned
The fact you were probably in threads defending Breitbart when he did the same thing to Kennedy, yet are all "OMG OUTRAGE" when someone did it to him is hilarious

Not I. Though I find it hilarious that you think what he did after Kennedy died was shitty and when someone does the same thing to him you'e "OMG Taibbi Rulez!!!"

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Not I. Though I find it hilarious that you think what he did after Kennedy died was shitty and when someone does the same thing to him you'e "OMG Taibbi Rulez!!!"

I just thought it was a fitting tribute. Read the article, it's actually pretty complimentary towards him. He'd have enjoyed it

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Breitbart definitely was not one, but Taibbi isn't a very good example of one.

He tries a bit too hard to be Hunter Thompson, but much like Hunter he does great, long investigative pieces. He was one of the only people who did a decent job covering the 2008 collapse

Kosmo

Banned
That's an extraordinary website. The world of rightwing American politics both fascinates and frightens me.

LOL I've never been there - it was the only site that I could get to since all blogs are blocked here at work and the original Taibbi article gets blocked.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
jxPjY.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
Anybody pissed about Taibbi's article obviously only read the headline.

And he's right that Breitbart would have respected such a ballsy obit.

nyong

Banned
I think most of the people judging Breitbart are doing so through the prism of their political biases. Many probably would not be decrying the lack of context in a video that made their political enemies look bad, for example.

I have to say I admired the guy for his balls, his enthusiasm, and his ability to take on degenerate institutions and special interests. He wasn't perfect by any means, but he's been vindicated numerous times after withering accusations of lying (e.g., Anthony Wiener). He put up a $100,000 reward for anyone who could provide video evidence of racial epithets being hurled by the Tea Party at black congressmen, and in an era of ubiquitous flipcams and camera phones, no one was able to claim it.

He was flawed, wrote rambling articles, and did some collateral damage to people who didn't really deserve it in his takedowns. But he also fought like hell against anti-gay bigotry in the GOP and hypocrisy and elitism on the left and in the non-FOX media, and shone a much-needed light on the festering underbelly of certain special interests.

I'd be all for more Breitbarts on the left and right, because there's plenty of bullshit on both sides.
Quoted for truth.

There's an awful lot of hyperbole that gets tossed around whenever the guy's name comes up. I often didn't agree with his tactics or conclusions, but he provided a much need balance in the media. The Tea Party lies in the media alone (which persist to this day) easily justified his existence. I won't defend everything he did or said, but it was refreshing to watch him call out politicians on the left for a change.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
This is false equivalence. I mourned the loss of William F. Buckely Jr; I mourned the loss of Reagan; I will mourn the loss of Frum and Brooks. On the flipside, I will not mourn Michael Moore to any great degree, and I won't mourn Brietbart now.

This is not a consequence of Brietbart disagreeing with me; this is a consequence of the manner in which Brietbart disagreed with me. He was rude, manipulative, deceitful and cruel. Your inability to see the difference suggests a poor grasp of nuance.

The only thing I will say in this thread, is that I agree 100% with the words you just typed, and I will now not give this any more thought.

Quoted for truth.

There's an awful lot of hyperbole that gets tossed around whenever the guy's name comes up. I often didn't agree with his tactics or conclusions, but he provided a much need balance in the media. The Tea Party lies in the media alone (which persist to this day) easily justified his existence. I won't defend everything he did or said, but it was refreshing to watch him call out politicians on the left for a change.

Agreed. I'm tired of journalists with their 'ethics'. We need more perpetually angry man children screaming at people and releasing dishonestly edited video not caring who they hurt in the process.

Conservatives are so pathetic. 'He pissed off liberals, so he's awesome.' What an intellectually dead movement.

LOL He´s as much of a journalist as Brietbart was. A biased guy who only presents facts that work within his narrative and loves tearing people down.

Breitbart presented facts?

Was it a fact that Shirley Sherrod was being racist towards whites at her job in the government? Was it a fact that ACORN was in business to assist pimps in their illegal activity? Was it a fact that Michelle Obama engaged in a racist tirade, railing against "whitey" that was caught on video?

It seems like you have a double standard for what qualifies as a fact.

Breitbart presented facts?

Was it a fact that Shirley Sherrod was being racist towards whites at her job in the government? Was it a fact that ACORN was in business to assist pimps in their illegal activity? Was it a fact that Michelle Obama engaged in a racist tirade, railing against "whitey" that was caught on video?

It seems like you have a double standard for what qualifies as a fact.

But Taibbi hurts conservative fee fees, so he must be just as bad.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Also, was Breitbart really that big of ally to the gay community? I can't imagine that being the case when he says shit like this:

He wasn't about social issues. He was actually irritated with Beck when Beck tried to co-opt Tea Party rallies to be about social conservative issues rather than "big tent" economic conservative issues (as it should be, considering the name..."Tea Party").

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswe...21/andrew-breitbart-pissed-at-glenn-beck.html

Andrew Breitbart 'Pissed' at Glenn Beck?

The topic of Beck's giant Aug. 28 Lincoln Memorial rally, with its religious theme, came up in the middle of Breitbart's talk—and Breitbart didn't hesitate to say that he was "pissed that he [Beck] would commandeer the Tea Party for that purpose," meaning a religious purpose. Breitbart's argument seemed to be, to paraphrase: "We had a nice Tea Party going on in a big tent, with secularists and Jews and South Park-ers and what-have-you allied against big government. Why chase away people who don't want it to be all about God?"

Conservative blogger and commentator Andrew Breitbart died of heart failure stemming from coronary artery disease, Los Angeles County coroner's office officials said.

The 43-year-old collapsed as he was walking his dog near his Brentwood home and died on March 1.

Breitbart had a negligible amount of alcohol in his system, but no prescription or illicit drugs were found, said Craig Harvey, spokesperson for the coroner's office.

Harvey said foul play was not suspected and the case has been closed.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...e-coroner-122824951--abc-news-topstories.html

Now queue the conspiracy theories about untraceable top secret drugs used to poison him . . .

Amir0x

Banned
need to go into the Ron Paul thread and drag the Ron Paul conspiracy nutters out of the wood work and rub their face in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom