• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Breitbart has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of posts here are way over the line. Sure you might not agree with his morality or his work but if you are going to abuse him after his death and not show a moral high ground yourself then you yourself will be just as bad as how you view him, just on the opposite specter.

Exactly. Everyone here needs to BEHAAAAAVE THEMSELVES BEHAAAAAAAVE THEMSELVES!

benjipwns

Banned
They could have spent an hour, maybe half an hour, or so to review the footage. Instead they called her to pull over on the side of the road and fired her instantly because of something an internet troll put up.

This is the same administration that hasn't fired anyone over Solyndra or Fast and Furious. And I think we can all agree, left, right, voluntaryist nut job that being fired over that is far more deserving than saying you helped all people equally get bad loans.

Yeah, I think I'll blame the people who actually had the power to FIRE her over the internet troll who posted something already on the internet.
Your attempts at acquitting Breitbart of any wrongdoing are fucking pathetic. He was responsible for pushing the video into the mainstream. He was directly responsible for the shitstorm that pressured the administration to fire her. Get a fucking clue.

Dude Abides

Banned
They could have spent an hour, maybe half an hour, or so to review the footage. Instead they called her to pull over on the side of the road and fired her instantly because of something an internet troll put up.

This is the same administration that hasn't fired anyone over Solyndra or Fast and Furious. And I think we can all agree, left, right, voluntaryist nut job that being fired over that is far more deserving than saying you helped all people equally get bad loans.

Yeah, I think I'll blame the people who actually had the power to FIRE her over the internet troll who posted something already on the internet.

Why can't you blame both?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Also, was Breitbart really that big of ally to the gay community? I can't imagine that being the case when he says shit like this:

Well, he was on the board of GOProud, founded by two former Log Cabin Republicans.

But, he quite because he was upset that they outed Rick Perry's campaign advisor over that one campaign ad that was fairly homophobic.

You don't have to defend this guy just because he was a Republican. He was a liar, and a hate monger. There are plenty of respectable republican journalists. When you defend a guy like this, or Hannity, or Rush..........I don't know. Not happy he is died, but he just seemed like a scummy person. That's how he came off, and he kinda patted himself on the back for it.
I´m not defending the guy. I´m just saying that its digusting that people are cheering over his death because they feel their political side (which is also mine btw) will be better off for this. Its digusting. The only people who I don´t feel bad about celebrating death are people like bin laden, hitler and stalin.

There are posters saying if good for his kids that their father died. That´s digusting. BTW this guy was on the board of GOPround. He wasn´t some evil human being who hates gays and minorities. This was his political view point: "he is a limited government, low-tax conservative, sympathetic toward libertarian views, with a "libertine soft-spot" on issues of consensual behavior among adults."

Why can´t they act more like Mediamatters
Media Matters has a long history with Andrew Breitbart. We've disagreed more than we've found common ground, but there was never any question of Andrew's passion for and commitment to what he believed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family today.

or Huffington herself

I was asked many times this morning for my thoughts on what Andrew meant to the political world, but all I can think of at the moment is what Andrew meant to me as a friend, starting from when we worked together -- his passion, his exuberance, his fearlessness. And above all, what I'm thinking of at the moment is his amazing wife Susie and their four beautiful young children. My love and thoughts are with them right now.

or Paul Begala
RIP Breitbart. 43 is way too young. Condolences to his family and his many friends.

All people who didn´t like his politics but aren´t giant assholes.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Just saw this. Can't really say anything decent about the guy because he was just a scandalous liar, but I admired his conviction to his lunacy.

No reason to let him off the hook just because other people have some responsibility as well. he was trying to get her fired by lying, he succeeded.

I don't know who this guy is; apparently he's an asshole according to you guys. You have to admit though - and I am by no means normally a paranoid guy or into conspiracies in general - but a controversial political celebrity dying 'unexpectedly of natural causes' at 43 invokes thoughts of shady happenings. Dude was MURDERED. Possibly by an oligarchy of lizardmen.

3rdman

GAF is pretty disgusting sometimes. Saying that its good that a journalist died... Because they didn´t agree with what he posted.

A "journalist" is incapable of posting things people would disagree with because "journalist" simply report the truth. That isn't what this tool did...

Has anyone mentioned that it was his website that promoted that O'Keefe prick and help bring down Acorn? He literally had a hand at destroying an organization whose only goal is to help low income people find a place to live by editing footage to make them look bad.

Journalist??? GTFO.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't know who this guy is; apparently he's an asshole according to you guys. You have to admit though - and I am by no means normally a paranoid guy or into conspiracies in general - but a controversial political celebrity dying 'unexpectedly of natural causes' at 43 invokes thoughts of shady happenings. Dude was MURDERED. Possibly by an oligarchy of lizardmen.

Why would the Rumsfeld's murder him?

Yeah Erickson is pretty shitty. His comments on atheists alone put him on my shit list.

Jeez does GAF have any conservative friends?

It seems certain comments just make GAF think a certain person is the worst person ever.

I disagree with most modern GOPers in pretty much all of their dogma but I´m still friends with a bunch (probably more than liberal people). They´re nice people most of the time.

I'll put a twenty down that he was found dead with a ball-gag in his mouth and his pants around his ankles in a seedy motel room.

benjipwns

Banned
Why can't you blame both?
I did. But Breitbart didn't fire her on shoddy information.
Your attempts at acquitting Breitbart of any wrongdoing are fucking pathetic. He was responsible for pushing the video into the mainstream. He was directly responsible for the shitstorm that pressured the administration to fire her. Get a fucking clue.
Where did I acquit Breitbart? He couldn't fire Sherrod. Only one entity could dismiss her without checking the easily available information. It wasn't Breitbart.
Peggy Noonan, George Will, David Brooks, Erick Erickson....urgh. That's all I got.
Brooks? Really?

I'm only under duress taking Will, and I don't even consider him or any of those others "journalists" and I was even going EASY and accepting someone like Rich Lowry who isn't a great journalist but is a conservative, tries to be a journalist and is at least good at reporting on Republicans/conservatives/etc.

A "journalist" is incapable of posting things people would disagree with because "journalist" simply report the truth. That isn't what this tool did...

Has anyone mentioned that it was his website that promoted that O'Keefe prick and help bring down Acorn? He literally had a hand at destroying an organization whose only goal is to help low income people find a place to live by editing footage to make them look bad.

Journalist??? GTFO.

A journalist is someone that reports the news. They have slants a lot of the times. Is the huffington post news? national review? the nation? rolling stones? mother jones? weekly standard?

How can anyone say "natural causes @ 43" with a straight face?

What the hell does that even mean??

Not caused by a specific action. AKA not overdose, murder, car crash, etc.

I'll put a twenty down that he was found dead with a ball-gag in his mouth and his pants around his ankles in a seedy motel room.
And you wonder why conservative think you guys are a bunch of assholes?

Dude Abides

Banned
Fine, fine, feed him to the goats. No skin off my back.

I'd like to see someone else take on that challenge, see who can do better! ;p

A sly allusion, good sir.

"The nation loses the only goat f***ing child molester to ever serve on the Supreme Court in David Souter's retirement." - Erick Erickson.

Other respectable con journalists:

Rich Lowry.
Byron York (maybe).

That's all I can come up with right now.

akira28

I abhorred all that he said, created and stood for, but still feel bad for his family.

Also, it was probably cocaine.

That was my first thought too. No apparent diseases, very young, very active. Maybe he had hidden medical issues, but I was thinking he liked the cocaine, or died from complications of some usage or another. Could have been a stroke or aneurysm though.

A sly allusion, good sir.

"The nation loses the only goat f***ing child molester to ever serve on the Supreme Court in David Souter's retirement." - Erick Erickson.

Other respectable con journalists:

Rich Lowry.
Byron York (maybe).

That's all I can come up with right now.

The guys that are always on Baier´s show.
Charles Krauthammer for example

I did. But Breitbart didn't fire her on shoddy information.

Where did I acquit Breitbart? He couldn't fire Sherrod. Only one entity could dismiss her without checking the easily available information. It wasn't Breitbart.

When you tried to completely shifted the conversation away from the roll he had in getting her fired tried to shift his portion of the blame away from him. You're still doing it in this very post. You're a joke. Breitbart posted the information. Breitbart promoted the information, Breitbart worked to shepherd outrage over the incident to pressure the Obama administration to fire her. Breitbart reveled in his roll in getting her fired. Breitbart continued to promote the the deceptively edited video after the truth became apparent and he showed complete apathy towards her firing after the truth was revealed, despite previously considering himself responsible for her firing back when he thought it made him look good.

ElRenoRaven

I´m not defending the guy. I´m just saying that its digusting that people are cheering over his death because they feel their political side (which is also mine btw) will be better off for this. Its digusting. The only people who I don´t feel bad about celebrating death are people like bin laden, hitler and stalin.

There are posters saying if good for his kids that their father died. That´s digusting. BTW this guy was on the board of GOPround. He wasn´t some evil human being who hates gays and minorities. This was his political view point: "he is a limited government, low-tax conservative, sympathetic toward libertarian views, with a "libertine soft-spot" on issues of consensual behavior among adults."

Why can´t they act more like Mediamatters

or Huffington herself

or Paul Begala

All people who didn´t like his politics but aren´t giant assholes.

Honestly who knows. I was glad to see Huffington and Media Matters come out and say something nice and show how to have some class when someone you disagree with passes away. Some here could learn a few lessons from them.

benjipwns

Banned
When you tried to completely shifted the conversation away from the roll he had in getting her fired tried to shift his portion of the blame away from him. You're still doing it in this very post. You're a joke. Breitbart posted the information. Breitbart promoted the information, Breitbart worked to shepherd outrage over the incident to pressure the Obama administration to fire her. Breitbart reveled in his roll in getting her fired. Breitbart continued to promote the the deceptively edited video after the truth became apparent and he showed complete apathy towards her firing after the fact.
And what could Breitbart ever do against her? Hell, I don't think she even BLAMES him to this date.

It required the executive branch dismissing her.

They did so on faulty information in a haste.

If I post a bunch of crap up on the internet about your employee/GF-BF/Wife/etc. would you dismiss them instantly or go to the website that features the full video and take a gander first?

Just asking.
Hypothetical: Who here is going to send condolences and harbor good will to Cheney's family when he passes?
Despite what Cheney has done politically, I think he's a good father. He was, at least in my opinion, very respectful of his daughter when Edwards kept trying to bring it up in the 2004 debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom