• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Complete Marvel noob here. Just went through the tutorial, and while somewhat helpful, I didn't feel like it was amazing.

I'm understanding what seems to be the universal LP, LK, HP, HK, cr HP to launch, and then repeat process in air to hit opponent to the ground. What I'm not understanding is how to continue the combo after the opponent hits the ground. Im guessing it's different for different characters. I'm using Dante and I think Gamora for now. Any help would be appreciated.

If there's some kind of beginners combo guide I would appreciate a link to that, too.

Thanks!

Every character has certain moves that can hit opponents on the ground (OTG) to pop them back up slightly and continue a combo. The timing is more strict than it was in MvC3 but comes with practice. I don't know if anyone's compiled a list of OTG-capable moves yet, but if you can find vids of combos for your particular characters you'll probably see some of them.

Zissou

Input buffer leniency is messing with me. I keep getting teleports when doing rapid quarter circles with Strider, even with clean inputs. I hope they slightly shorten it at some point to reduce that kind of stuff from happening.

Coda

Been endlessly stuck in Rank 13 online. Was one win away from hitting Rank 12 and then went on a couple game losing streak and lost all the progress. Why do I do this online struggle stuff to myself?

Been rocking my Dante/Haggar team mainly, I have to say when I get the pressure going I have my opponent in long periods of blockstun.

FluxWaveZ

Been endlessly stuck in Rank 13 online. Was one win away from hitting Rank 12 and then went on a couple game losing streak and lost all the progress. Why do I do this online struggle stuff to myself?

Especially this early on, I don't know why one would care about their rank. It's ultimately meaningless, anyways.

patchday

Especially this early on, I don't know why one would care about their rank. It's ultimately meaningless, anyways.

yeah I appreciate ranked systems existing since it's an important feedback loop to keep achievers engaged. But since I'm not really an achiever I very rarely do ranked in fighting games. I mostly enjoy private matches against other gafs the most and looking forward to doing some local events. For instance last night Sinkfla and myself did a bunch of matches and that was fun :)

But again I do appreciate ranked systems being there because I do engage in them a tiny bit. But vast majority of my time will be spent in lobbies

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit again. you can combo Ghost Rider's air HP into df.HP :eek:

Coda

Well it's at least some kind of feedback as to how well I'm playing (although I still get Auto Combo cheesed from time to time). Was planning on hitting Rank 12 and then just bowing out for a bit until I learn more and get more optimized.

SupaNaab

I can't seem to nail Morrigan's Mission 8. I get to the point of hitting aerial lp lk hp, but then when I try to dash and lp the lp hits but I slip under the cpu.

Pretty sure you need to dash up-forward. Not sure if it works with a side dash. Does not work if you dash down-forward.

Ernest

Banned
Does this game have any difficulty setting options?

I can't seem to find one.
You'll find them in the settings menu.
You sure about that?

Where exactly? Still can't find it...

If it was there, it would be under System settings, and I see nothing like that in there:

ry69YtC.jpg

jwFz18b.jpg

Vice

You sure about that?

If it was there, it would be under System settings, and I see nothing like that in there:

https://i.imgur.com/ry69YtC.jpg[/]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/jwFz18b.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]
You get the option to change the difficulty after losing a story fight.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Your Gamora is amazing

Thanks man I appreciate it. Been putting crazy hours in the lab so now it's just a matter of getting over the jitters when I go online sometimes. I honestly feel like today was a breakthrough on that so we'll see how I do from here. lol

Zukkoyaki

So it seems like pretty much everyone is enjoying the game despite the obvious warts. That's good to see! I'll probably pick this up sooner than later.

NEO0MJ

You sure about that?

If it was there, it would be under System settings, and I see nothing like that in there

Looks like I was wrong. Sorry >.>

Thanks man I appreciate it. Been putting crazy hours in the lab so now it's just a matter of getting over the jitters when I go online sometimes. I honestly feel like today was a breakthrough on that so we'll see how I do from here. lol

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Ryce

So it seems like pretty much everyone is enjoying the game despite the obvious warts. That's good to see! I'll probably pick this up sooner than later.
Like many modern Capcom games, it's a bloody, shit-smeared trunk with a pile of gold coins inside.

JeTmAn81

No Hulk posts (as of last night anyways) on SRK makes me sad.

Lol ain't nobody picking him. I'm hoping somebody figures out something good. Mo idea why Haggar is getting picked but not Hulk. Even Nemesis is more common! Will be working on Hulk/Thanos.

Fun to watch the bars/numbers go up I guess. Though I usually stop playing ranked after I get whatever the last achievement/trophy may be and I lose a match. Stopped at Ultra Gold in SFV even though I'm 1000% certain I can easily go a lot higher than that considering I regularly beat much higher ranked players than me. Some of my hardest matches have been against bronze or rookie players lol. So yeah, I somewhat agree with your statement. I'll probably stop playing ranked once I get to 10th

DrArchon

Like many modern Capcom games, it's a bloody, shit-smeared trunk with a pile of gold coins inside.

I remember the analogy UltraDavid made when SFxT was getting dumped on. He said every fighting game is like a buried treasure chest, except for xT which was buried in tons of shit, and he argued "Why dig through the shit for this game when you don't have to do that for any other game for the same amount of gold?"

Thankfully there's not too much shit here, aside from the roster and some questionable visuals.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keit's Thor looking good!

also I hear the crowd popping off. Game will be fine I think, memes will die off :3

edit: yo the speach!

JeTmAn81

BTW almost nobody is picking the most popular MCU characters; Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor. You know, the Avengers! I have to imagine casuals are picking them at least. If any casuals bought the game...

schwupp

whats up with the matchmaking on pc?
its soooo bad ... i only get way better opponents.

tekken 7 is doing it so well .... i can delete this game if it stays this way.

NEO0MJ

The Shame Cube is quickly proving to be the petard that hoists it's owner

ip8Z6u9.gif

I feel that Gamora actually has an easier time firing her gun thanks to the small vertical area.

whats up with the matchmaking on pc?
its soooo bad ... i only get way better opponents.

I imagine the low number of players is what's causing this. Pool is not deep enough so the sharks and the small frys are swimming together.

Top Bottom