• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

ScribbleD

I'm trying to figure out why SonicFox was at CEOTaku when he could've went to SCR and had the opportunity to get an infinity stone. Not like he's short on cash atm. lol

Not even that. Even if he had lost Marvel due to the real competition at SCR he had a real Injustice 2 tournament to make top 3 at free.

I don't get it either

He loves Skullgirls and the SG community.

Never thought I'd see SonicFox playing Marvel. Damn.

SG skills probably translate to Marvel pretty well.

He definitely went to CEOtaku for Skullgirls and the SG community. That's more important to him. He just made hella money from Injustice, he ain't hurtin' for cash.

Really? I think It's the more natural progression from Skullgirls than the NRS games were.

MK X prepares you for a lot of heavy setup play and dirty 50/50s. I wouldn't underestimate how much being a high level MK player helps in learning Marvel. Like, if you can block at a high level in MK X, you're probably in a decent position learning to block in Marvel. Same for learning to create setups and ambiguous situations.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
CEOtaku stream had some pretty legit jazz music playing for a bit there, I wish they would have a playlist to show what song was being played at the time.

That tournament convinced me of 2 things:
1) When I buy the game, I'm probably not going to play Jedah.
2) Mind Stone is the only stone that doesn't help the neutral, and no one is using it. Should have been parries.

Dahbomb

Mind stone is the weakest stone by a mile and is probably not going to see any play unless 3 things happen:

1) People optimized Firebrand's Chaos Tide and find some cheap stuff with it. Him and Arthur are the only two characters that really benefit from Mind stone, other characters can do fine with the regular meter gain in the game.

2) They put Vergil in the game. Or they put a Phoenix like character that becomes absurdly strong with 4 meters on deck.

3) They buff it.

The surge is also really weak. In fact, command grabs in general are pretty weak. Command grabs don't even seem worth it to go for compared to Marvel 3... like as Haggar you have to land 5 command grabs to kill a character. The hyper command grabs are good though because they are instant and do a grip of damage but the regular command grabs are super underwhelming. The Mind stone surge takes it a step further and scales the combo even harder AND has slow start up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in the fighters card, when you select the background stage, there is no stage 12. Also, stage 1 isnt a stage in the game (the space background), weird.

NotLiquid

Isn't the crux of the Mind Stone that it completely stuns the enemy after the grab? It essentially gives you a free combo from scratch if you land it - not that I don't doubt it's definitely the weakest stone in the current meta beyond a few gimmick applications (like the infamous Nemesis/Ryu team)

Dahbomb

Isn't the crux behind the Mind Stone that it completely stuns the enemy after the grab? It essentially gives you a free combo - not that I don't doubt it's definitely the weakest stone in the current meta beyond a few gimmick applications (like the infamous Nemesis/Ryu team)
Yeah but the free combo tickles you.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hey all you may remember me as the guy who always shit on this game and Capcom prelaunch.

Well I did pick up the game at launch but didnt get to it until this weekend. Its actually a lot of fun now that Ive got my hands on it. Settled on Jedah and Dormammu (new and old main) although I still need to try everyone out first.

I also really like the character select screen music, it gets me pumped right up. Theres some inconsistencies where some things look really good while others are downright amateur hour.

Some of the complaints I had prelaunch were valid but what the hell, is mahvel baybee!

Wallach

Isn't the crux of the Mind Stone that it completely stuns the enemy after the grab? It essentially gives you a free combo from scratch if you land it - not that I don't doubt it's definitely the weakest stone in the current meta beyond a few gimmick applications (like the infamous Nemesis/Ryu team)

yeah it does, that just isnt very useful in this game when many characters can get combos off their normal throws without molasses startup

sephi22

KNYVuSd.png

Dunno if this was posted but Ken/Dante VO dragging Capcom

brian!

Mind stone is secretly a rush down stone, where you try to get cmd throw reset setups. The tech isnt in yet tho so it's only ok atm. Mind storm is about having access to a lvl 3 every combo and using supers to score a mix up, good with certain teams (install supers or mix uppy supers) but awful with others. Compared to power stone which is similar but more plug and play (can trade using power stone, power storm also adds dmg to combos), mind stone is more niche and more dependant on aggression compared to power stone which can be used defensively really well. Mind stone might be better on aggressive characters like gamora or zero, but power stone is prob way better on more mobile aggressive characters like spidey or chun

Dahbomb

I mean no shit Itsuno-sama would not approve of that face.

He's also too busy working on DMC5 to be bothered by MVCI drama.

I-hate-u

I mean no shit Itsuno-sama would not approve of that face.

He's also too busy working on DMC5 to be bothered by MVCI drama.

DMC5 is the last chance Capcom has with me tbh. They screwed up SFV, MvC:I and if they manage to do the same with DMC I am so over them.

There are much better games out there to be playing as opposed to 10 years ago when Capcom was the only major player in the market.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stage 12 is daytime Xgard. I think you unlock it by beating arcade with every character.

wait what? is this common knowledge? Ive never heard about this.

Rhaknar

Only in Japan, unfortunately.

Just as a fighter card background. You can't play in it.

oh lol.

never imagined labbing was this much fun. Not like I can translate it to actual matches mind you (LOL) but maybe one day? :(

sure is fun tho

Negaduck

Im loving this game so much, it really feels like a middle ground of Mvc2 and 3.

I haven't been this happy about a fighting game in a long time. Been great watching scr and ceotaku.

TP

Only in Japan, unfortunately.

That's lame, it links to the steam page (these are world wide right?) so maybe PC users can get them too
lmao yeah right

I've just noticed the game doesn't have trading cards, emoticons, and backgrounds on Steam. I though Capcom would've known better by now that's free money they're not getting.

NEO0MJ

I faced a pretty good mind stone team earlier today, they were running firebrand/zero

Pretty much the case Dahbomb mentioned, characters with Install super and in Zero's case a non cinematic level three that doesn't waste your storm time.
How well did they use the surge?

JeTmAn81

Also mentions you get the preorder Hulk and X costumes if you buy the character pass by Oct 31st

Awesome, I was missing out on those because I couldn't get a deep discount on the deluxe edition.

Wait only in Japan? Boo this

My three year old refers to characters in the same way as the Hulk does. "Pick dragon" (Firebrand), "Pick cute raccoon", etc.

MrMephistoX

Hey all you may remember me as the guy who always shit on this game and Capcom prelaunch.

Well I did pick up the game at launch but didnt get to it until this weekend. Its actually a lot of fun now that Ive got my hands on it. Settled on Jedah and Dormammu (new and old main) although I still need to try everyone out first.

I also really like the character select screen music, it gets me pumped right up. Theres some inconsistencies where some things look really good while others are downright amateur hour.

Some of the complaints I had prelaunch were valid but what the hell, is mahvel baybee!

Credit to you for changing your mind ;) I was pretty underwhelmed by the terrible demo too but am loving it now.

brian!

Pretty much the case Dahbomb mentioned, characters with Install super and in Zero's case a non cinematic level three that doesn't waste your storm time.
How well did they use the surge?

Pretty well, both using installs for opening ppl up into a level 3 and they would pop it immediately so 2 every round. I could have played it better, but i got wrekked

Dahbomb

So how's X in this game? He's who I want to main when I eventually get it, along with Jedah.

What's his playstyle?
Zoning support character, should pair up ok with Jedah at a baseline level.

You throw some stuff that keeps them locked down, tag into Jedah and you open them up with him.

MechaX

Gootecks looks like he doesn't care, like he doesn't even want to be there lol.

Excellent Adventures has turned into a depressing venture.

It's just dawning on Gootecks and Ross that if you're going to make you're livelihood off of a video game at that kind of level, you better make sure you enjoy it

Skab

It's just dawning on Gootecks and Ross that if you're going to make you're livelihood off of a video game at that kind of level, you better make sure you enjoy it

Is Mike even around anymore? I haven't seen him in any of their videos in some time. I think the man has moved on.

Top Bottom