• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata art countdown to Japan launch

raven777

D-6
C411smfVUAA2pTv.jpg:large

komorebi

Damn some of this art is on point. I like how they're doing this countdown. I wasn't aware FFXV did it either, I wasn't online much in the weeks before release.

Golnei

This really has outclassed FFXV's art countdown to a ridiculous degree. I don't expect the last few days to break that streak. (Though making the very last piece a napkin doodle by Yoko Taro himself instead of the more typical beautiful Yoshida artwork would be interesting.)

Ratrat

This really has outclassed FFXV's art countdown to a ridiculous degree. I don't expect the last few days to break that streak. (Though making the very last piece a napkin doodle by Yoko Taro himself instead of the more typical beautiful Yoshida artwork would be interesting.)
Was thinking the same thing. You can see how passionatr they are.

DKHF

Is there definitely not going to be a 0/launch day piece?
I think FFXV's countdown ended with 1 day left (with artwork from Yusuke Naora). And Yoshida is the main/most famous artist working on this game so I think they will end with him.

Golnei

I think FFXV's countdown ended with 1 day left (with artwork from Yusuke Naora). And Yoshida is the main/most famous artist working on this game so I think they will end with him.

There was one more after that; this artwork from Matsuzawa.

CyZC8d2VQAAeDJj.jpg:large

Philippo

There was one more after that; this artwork from Matsuzawa.

CyZC8d2VQAAeDJj.jpg:large

They should have this guy as Art Director / Character Designer for the next mainline FF, guy's seriosly talented and has a very different style than what we got in the past entries.

Golnei

That Moogle is probably a better fit for Nier than XV, aesthetically. Have they said anything about whether it might make it into the game in some form?

Looks like Yuki Matsuzawa did this.

I like the idea of it becoming a tradition to have a piece from him celebrating each of S-E's major releases, regardless of involvement in the actual game.

Top Bottom