• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

flier team requires very specific units like Hinoka to be optimal (only source of Hone Fliers). And the one ranged flier, Spring Camilla, is no longer available. If you've got a +atk Cherche and a spare Brave Axe+ you can start forming a team around her though.

You can make a very competent cavalry team entirely out of free units. Xander, Cecilia, Camus and Ursula is quite solid but requires a ton of feathers as well as Blarblade and Gronnblade tomes. But it's doable by anyone, eventually. I use Eldigan instead of Xander, and I would've used Reinhardt over Ursula if I ever found one. But this team stomped Tempest Trials for me all the way to 100k and finds arena very easy. Just has trouble breaking the 4800 point barrier.

I have a +DEF/-HP Reinhardt. Is that OK?

Also stats should I want for Cecilia. I have a lot.

Draxal

Plus Spd/plus atk - Def. Plus spd is probably better, but she's fairly free of needing a perfect nature.

To be honest, the much bigger thing for Cecilia is giving her a Gronnblade.

Mupod

every Reinhardt except -atk is fine. Guess what mine is!

Cecilia, probably +atk. Her speed is bad even with cavalry buffs so you want to hit as hard as possible. You have two options with her - blade tome, or her default gronnraven with Triangle Adept. Gronnblade+, +atk Cecilia with cavalry buffs is immensely strong and is what carried me through the tempest trial. One shots pretty much everything. Triangle Adept and her regular tome makes her a pretty solid wall against common arena threats like Reinhardt and Kagero but she won't be a team sweeper.

edit: like Draxal said, the Gronnblade+ will make the biggest difference. Her stats don't mean much.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
One good reason to have Rally on a defensive ranged nuke is that it makes the AI keep the unit back, while the meaty melee units get a chance to push towards you. I run into a lot of Bridelias with Rally skills, and it's super annoying to deal with them because they rally themselves into a good position where you can't bait anyone without making your bait tank two units in one turn. Add Azura for extra obnoxiousness.

It's especially bad with this set of maps because of that fucking ship map.

Mupod

What's the highest pity rate you guys got to on a banner disappearing without getting a 5*?

6.25%

I got there sniping blues on the banner that introduced Ninian. I was up to 17 Subakis at one point.

Eventually got a +atk -res Linde out of it and she carried my team for a very long time. If I'd reset my appearance rate with a Peri or something I'd probably have just cried in a corner.

Previously I hit 5.5% trying to get Robin on the Legendary Heroes banner back at launch.

Oddly enough I've had pretty consistently good 5* luck since the 6.25% incident. I found a Hector a couple days after that.

Plus Spd/plus atk - Def. Plus spd is probably better, but she's fairly free of needing a perfect nature.

Personally think Gronnraven (with good ol' Triangle Adept) is the better option. Tanking is more important than ever with Moon-Pulse Reinhardt and Bridelia's existence combined with maps that are just ass to play offensively.

ccbfan

every Reinhardt except -atk is fine. Guess what mine is!

Cecilia, probably +atk. Her speed is bad even with cavalry buffs so you want to hit as hard as possible. You have two options with her - blade tome, or her default gronnraven with Triangle Adept. Gronnblade+, +atk Cecilia with cavalry buffs is immensely strong and is what carried me through the tempest trial. One shots pretty much everything. Triangle Adept and her regular tome makes her a pretty solid wall against common arena threats like Reinhardt and Kagero but she won't be a team sweeper.

edit: like Draxal said, the Gronnblade+ will make the biggest difference. Her stats don't mean much.

OK so a team of say

Reinhardt
Cecilia (-SPD/+RES, -DEF/+RES or +SPD/-RES)?
Xander
Camus

Other than Gronnblade+ any other inherit advices?

_Legacy_

Personally think Gronnraven (with good ol' Triangle Adept) is the better option. Tanking is more important than ever with Moon-Pulse Reinhardt and Bridelia's existence combined with maps that are just ass to play offensively.

I prefer Gronnraven as well, with TA Adept 3, you'll be tanking all manner of colourless units as well as blues with Cecilia. It makes arena easier imo, sort of like how it used be when everyone used to run MRobin in their teams.

Roman

Screenshot_20170619-152544.png

This is what an acquaintance of mine (who is top 10 or even rank 1 in arena) has recently built and it's straight up unfair - even without merges. We're both seriously considering advocating her to S+ tier.

I have a few decent components for a horse team. I have two copies of Jagen and Gunter each for buff fodder. I have some pretty good candidates aside from the obvious GHB cavalry Heroes.

+SPD/-HP Clarine (support)
+ATK/-HP Cecilia
+ATK/-RES Frederick
+SPD/-HP Eliwood, +ATK/-HP Eliwood

I summoned a neutral 4* Reinhardt way back, but I sacrificed him to give Hector Vantage 3. I slightly regret it, but Vantage 3 Hector has been extremely important when it comes to clearing difficult content in this game. I couldn't justify spending 20K feathers on Gordin, and I think I've only summoned a maximum of two Lon'qu's.

I would strongly consider building a horse team right now if I had a Reinhardt, because he satisfies the Blue Mage and Goad Cavalry roles all in one. I wouldn't sacrifice Camus just for the latter skill.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
OK so a team of say

Reinhardt
Cecilia (-SPD/+RES, -DEF/+RES or +SPD/-RES)?
Xander
Camus

Other than Gronnblade+ any other inherit advices?
Death Blow 3 + Moonbow is standard for Reinhardt.

Vantage is probably nice for Camus.

Xander sometimes gets Triangle Adept to help him tank green magic, Quick Riposte to get around is slow speed, or Renewal to keep him tanky.

Wings of Mercy on either Rein or Cecilia is good for surprise attacks as a defensive team, since the AI could tank Xander or Camus low, and then fly in with Rein or Cecilia.

This is what an acquaintance of mine (who is top 10 or even rank 1 in arena) has recently built and it's straight up unfair - even without merges. We're both seriously considering advocating her to S+ tier.

I've heard of a Lunge variation that's not very fun to fight in the area. lol At least getting Dragged Back stops you from getting hit in melee twice from the same direction.
Edit: Waitwaitwait, why Swift Sparrow on a unit you'll likely try to avoid ever having get hit? Wouldn't L&D3 be better?

I prefer Gronnraven as well, with TA Adept 3, you'll be tanking all manner of colourless units as well as blues with Cecilia. It makes arena easier imo, sort of like how it used be when everyone used to run MRobin in their teams.

Ah, the days I'd lose because Takumi and Kagero just commanded too much space against my all-melee team on the bridge map (that still gives people trouble to this day). Such fun~

Draxal

Problem with this is you're tossing both a Roderick and Katarina to get this (and Clair).

it might be easier to pull during the next gacha and promote those (or hopefuly one of those is pullable at 4 like clair is).

Roman

I've heard of a Lunge variation that's not very fun to fight in the area. lol At least getting Dragged Back stops you from getting hit in melee twice from the same direction.
Edit: Waitwaitwait, why Swift Sparrow on a unit you'll likely try to avoid ever having get hit? Wouldn't L&D3 be better?

Because with her speed she still has enough bulk to at least take one hit. Furthermore, Swift Sparrow costs more SP and thus gives higher score.

So yes, we've had a discussion about this and unanimously agreed on these:

Cordelia S -> S+
Catria A+ -> S
Shanna A+ -> S
Clair B -> A

Now to wait for the main people responsible for the tier list to weigh in, but we basically already have a majority.

Problem with this is you're tossing both a Roderick and Katarina to get this (and Clair).

it might be easier to pull during the next gacha and promote those (or hopefuly one of those is pullable at 4 like clair is).

Unfortunately we have to evaluate units at their maximum potential (except merges).
Who knows, maybe Roderick will be available as a 4* soon.

Mupod

yeah, of COURSE my deathless streak gets fucked over on the VERY LAST match again. Had Hector on a defense tile to bait a FCorrin. Sanaki ran over to her just to Rally Res her (why), but apparently the fucked up dancer AI priority thing still kicks in in this situation and she got danced to kill Hector. Fucking stupid. Knew I should've just gone in with a different easier team for the last fight.

Sushen

How does she have so much SP after all the inheritance while HM is only 140?

Alucrid

Banned
Because with her speed she still has enough bulk to at least take one hit. Furthermore, Swift Sparrow costs more SP and thus gives higher score.

So yes, we've had a discussion about this and unanimously agreed on these:

Cordelia S -> S+
Catria A+ -> S
Shanna A+ -> S
Clair B -> A

Now to wait for the main people responsible for the tier list to weigh in, but we basically already have a majority.

Unfortunately we have to evaluate units at their maximum potential (except merges).
Who knows, maybe Roderick will be available as a 4* soon.

huh. why did clair get the bump? some of the new skills / fire sweep lance?

could have gained the SP before HM was implemented.

Roman

10 merges I guess. For what it's worth she learns Galeforce innately.

huh. why did clair get the bump? some of the new skills / fire sweep lance?

could have gained the SP before HM was implemented.

For all of them it's the Firesweep Lance/Hit and Run/Swift Sparrow/Galeforce combo which is practically unfair and has a gigantic advantage on most maps.

Clair is weaker than the others but still a solid magic tank, so she's at least a lot better than B tier.

Bovine

Neo Member
10 merges I guess. For what it's worth she learns Galeforce innately.

For all of them it's the Firesweep Lance/Hit and Run/Swift Sparrow/Galeforce combo which is practically unfair and has a gigantic advantage on most maps.

Clair is weaker than the others but still a solid magic tank, so she's at least a lot better than B tier.

You are making me want to pull again. I have a +Atk -Def Cordelia and a +Spd -Def Catria as 5 star units right now. I just finished my flier team and I am already thinking about tweaking it. Thanks a lot.

Roman

You are making me want to pull again. I have a +Atk -Def Cordelia and a +Spd -Def Catria as 5 star units right now. I just finished my flier team and I am already thinking about tweaking it. Thanks a lot.

Just imagine what you can do with Firesweep, Hit and Run and Reposition. Depending on the map most enemy teams should straight up be rendered helpless. Especially those that are built around enemy phase with DC/Vantage.

Mupod

I can say with certainty that if you want to run Hector as your anti-Reinhardt, give him Quickened Pulse and Sacred Cowl. It's saved me quite a few times. Worth giving up Bonfire I think.

Funny how full Horse Emblem isn't that big a deal if you have a solid Rein counter, it's just goddamn dancers and breakable walls fucking everything up. I know the exact square to park Hector on the boats map now at least.

Roman

For people looking for QP Moonbow Reinhardt counters I strongly recommend Fae with Green Tomebreaker and Triangle Adept.
Except for Julia she has amazing matchups against all the common non-red mages - her niche has continuously increased in importance.

With her high HP she can even feasibly run Panic Ploy. We have already agreed on moving her into S (and Nowi down to A+).

I predicted that there was no way for Roderick to go down to 4* because of how powerful Firesweep Lance+ is. I hope I'm right.

Even though Firesweep Bow+ is surprisingly common in higher tiers, it's still not exactly widespread.

I can say with certainty that if you want to run Hector as your anti-Reinhardt, give him Quickened Pulse and Sacred Cowl. It's saved me quite a few times. Worth giving up Bonfire I think.

Funny how full Horse Emblem isn't that big a deal if you have a solid Rein counter, it's just goddamn dancers and breakable walls fucking everything up. I know the exact square to park Hector on the boats map now at least.

No, I'm keeping Bonfire on Hector. Sacred Cowl is too situational.

Tanking (and killing) Reinhardt is Julia's job.

Mupod

No, I'm keeping Bonfire on Hector. Sacred Cowl is too situational.

Tanking (and killing) Reinhardt is Julia's job.

well no shit if you're bringing both.

Cecilia handles him no problem on my horse team, but I'm trying to get more points. So far Reinhardt has not been a problem at all and it's good to see him since I have a reliable counter. It's this dancer rally crap that is giving me trouble. I keep second guessing myself since it's so unpredictable.

DooD1234

You think Hinoka can run that build decently? I know she is not as good as Cordelia but I really like Hinoka art. Got 4* Clair and a -SPD Bunny Lucina for the A and B slot. Just need the Firesweep lance if I'm lucky.

Draxal

You think Hinoka can run that build decently? I know she is not as good as Cordelia but I really like Hinoka art. Got 4* Clair and a -SPD Bunny Lucina for the A and B slot. Just need the Firesweep lance if I'm lucky.

She can, its just cord has 35/35, hinoka's just 3 spd slower.

13randO

With all of this Flier emblem talk, I was wondering if a S. Camilla with +attk -Spd is worth investing into for Flier Emblem. I already have a Cherche and Palla in the works. Hopefully I can draw a Hinoka later down the line to complete the line up (Cordelia is my least favourite FE character ever. I can't bring myself to use her, lol).

Ninferno

SP is never a problem for highly merged units. You can just snowball the SP and SI'ed skills so that your final pick will never have to spend a single point in learning, if you get what I mean. You merge copy A into copy B, B gets 120 SP, you use that to learn some skills (SI or innate), then merge B to C, C gets 240 SP and the also skills B has learned. C continues to learn some skills with that sweet 240 SP and then merge into D, and so on.

This is what I did with my 4* + 8 Sophia, she has 1000+ SP and most of her skills replaced, but her HM is barely over 100, because none of the merge source copies has to be trained (and hence gains HM), the snowballing is more than enough. And that's only 4* (so I get only 80 SP instead 120 per merge) and +8. 5* + 10 can easily have 2000+ SP surplus even after whatever crazy SI is done.

Roman

She can but the difference of 3 Spd is very significant, she might be better off with a Brave Lance build.

We did discuss her a little bit, but she is already in S.

Now we have gotten the greenlight from the user mainly responsible for tiering, so you are guaranteed to see these changes, among others, soon. A big update is planned for this weekend or the start of next week.

Will go with Sakura maybe, did not even know I had 2 at 5*. Level 1 and 7, would make my fights that much easier since both my Elise are at level 40. Meh, not like I don't have every other one of them at level 1.

Mupod

ran into so many insanely high point teams on this arena run that even though I switched to my cavalry team for the final round (got 682 points), I ended up with 4822 which is my highest score ever. Hopefully enough to get into T20, if not, oh well that was the last match I needed to finish the orb quest. And I'm fucking done getting trolled by my 7th match, it happens EVERY TIME.

It's like night and day comparing the teams I face on cavalry team vs high stat Hector team. I spent 10 minutes each on matches 5 and 6 this morning, one was a boat map dancer nightmare that I had to play absolutely perfectly to win. The next was a clump of merged casters and a dancer that required 20+ turns of running Camus around the sides of the map to lure away Julia. Also a 4* +10 Brave Sword+, Life and Death 3, Windsweep Hana which I guess is why it was worth 692 points.

Anyways I switch to cavalry team for the final match and roll over them in literally 2 turns. I had even forgotten to equip seals and switch Camus back to cavalry buffs (I was using him with hone atk).

Will go with Sakura maybe, did not even know I had 2 at 5*. Level 1 and 7, would make my fights that much easier since both my Elise are at level 40. Meh, not like I don't have every other one of them at level 1.

iirc, patch. 1.50 hits next week. For all we know, they'll muck with Gauntlet matchmaking to screw with that specific strat. /prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom