• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

I was watching when that happened, hah. That guy was obviously just laying in the grass forever while the Doc was on an adrenaline fueled kill streak all around him. It's part of the Doc's persona to react that way. It is the nature of the game, but it doesn't make it any less annoying or frustrating when it happens to you. Even I found myself thinking "How does anyone find it fun or engaging to play the game that way?", but I accept it. Sometimes that play style is necessary. Generally it doesn't lend itself well to streamers whether they're doing it or it's happening to them. It's all about putting on a good show for the viewers.

Doc always complains when he dies. Its part of his shtick to hate on less aggressive players.

He will always and forever claim that he has never lost a 1-on-1 proper gun fight ever in pubg. Not a single one. Whatever proper means lol. Love that channel.

Oh. Didn't know that was part of his shtick--first time tuning in to him (usually watch Summit/Grimmz/Soltek. Thought he was genuinely furious and hated the game.

Severance

Oh. Didn't know that was part of his shtick--first time tuning in to him (usually watch Summit/Grimmz/Soltek. Thought he was genuinely furious and hated the game.

The Doc is definitely my guilty pleasure when it comes to streaming. It's all in good fun and part of the character he plays. He has worked for game developers himself in the past and now does streaming full time. He's got a good thing going.

The Doc is definitely my guilty pleasure when it comes to streaming. It's all in good fun and part of the character he plays. He has worked for game developers himself in the past and now does streaming full time. He's got a good thing going.

Yeah. Hes a fun watch. He'll go from being hyped at killing people to being salty. Its fun.

I think everyone has that issue. In your case the dip is very steep though. For me it's more like going from 80 fps to 65-70 fps on a I5 4690.

I do only have 8gb ram too, but good to hear it might not be my hardware, hope it gets patched soon! I have died so many times because of it. Even G-sync can't iron out that big of a drop!

Venfayth

What really bothers me is when I lose to people who are playing with a losing strategy. Yes, you will kill me and maybe another dude, but you're going to die to the blue. Or yes, you're going to hide in a room with no loot and a shotgun and maybe get a kill, but that's not going to get you to the circle or be productive at all if nobody happens to run past you.

Even then.. I have known for sure I was going to die to the blue so I elected to kill someone else running in. Haha. It's just too easy to get angry at other players sometimes.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Is a GTX 1050 good enough to play this game? I'm buying a laptop just to play with friends, so I don't want to spend big money, but I also want to play this game comfortably.

Trace

Banned
Well I won two out of the last three doubles matches I played.

I'm too stuffed to eat anymore :p

Also the Groza is a beast. Love this game with friends.

Can someone explain how the circle works when it gets all the way down to being so small that the timer stops?

It got down to that point for me last night, and the circle just stayed static for maybe 3-5 minutes with no timer. Then a new timer of about 45 sec started and it made a new white circle that was thankfully exactly around me.

However once the timer hit zero the white circle around me just disappeared and moved over to the other side of the blue for no apparent reason, and I got screwed and died because I hadn't moved because the game told me I'd be safe when the timer ended until it actually ended and it moved. Sucks because there was just two other people left and I was pretty decked out, I felt pretty screwed over.

Trace

Banned
Can someone explain how the circle works when it gets all the way down to being so small that the timer stops?

It got down to that point for me last night, and the circle just stayed static for maybe 3-5 minutes. Then a new timer of about 45 sec started and it made a new white circle that was thankfully exactly around me.

However once the timer hit zero the white circle around me just disappeared and moved over to the offensive of the blue, and I got screwed and died because I hadn't moved because the game told me I'd be safe when the timer ended until it actually ended. Sucks because there was just two other people left and I was pretty decked out, I felt pretty screwed over.

Eventually once the circle is small enough it stays miniature for a few minutes. If no one has still died it'll close completely, going towards the center of the final circle and you die in like 5 seconds. Basically at that point it comes down to if you have meds and can time them properly because you can't start it after the circle is on you because you'll die before it finishes using it.

Your explanation about it seems a bit off, the final circle always closes to the center and only has like a 15 second timer before it starts to completely close.

Eventually once the circle is small enough it stays miniature for a few minutes. If no one has still died it'll close completely, going towards the center of the final circle and you die in like 5 seconds. Basically at that point it comes down to if you have meds and can time them properly because you can't start it after the circle is on you because you'll die before it finishes using it.

Makes sense, but then why did it show a white circle safe zone while the timer ticked down. Bug?

Trace

Banned
Makes sense, but then why did it show a white circle safe zone while the timer ticked down. Bug?

Probably the circle that's always around your character. It's just small enough at the end that it looks like a circle.

You were probably seeing this.

7EB0kkQ.png

Trace

Banned
Oh wow, I bet you're right! Okay I feel less screwed over now haha

Yea it's painful when it comes down to the very end like that but it does happen. What's even more painful is that if you both die on the same tick of damage, neither of you gets first place. You both get second.

Yea it's painful when it comes down to the very end like that but it does happen. What's even more painful is that if you both die on the same tick of damage, neither of you gets first place. You both get second.

The painful part is I was fully juiced, full health, and level 3 helmet and vest.

I had just stayed at the edge of the blue and started taking damage immediately because I thought I was in a white circle. If I was more toward the middle I probably would have won.

GodofWine

I do only have 8gb ram too, but good to hear it might not be my hardware, hope it gets patched soon! I have died so many times because of it. Even G-sync can't iron out that big of a drop!

Your dips are percentage wise way steeper than mine on a g4560, but I have 16GB Ram, so it could be that.

Maybe try turning some settings up, maybe the CPU is trying to do too much on low, and turning it up will force the GPU to handle some more of the lifting? I hear people say this now and then, no clue if true though.

Also, run an overlay showing CPU and GPU utilization, see whats hitting the redline.

Right after I made a comment in another thread last night that PUBG was pretty stable for me I had two crashes in a row. I had great starts in both matches too. Sooooo frustrating. In this last match I had a silenced SCAR and a 98 Kurz with an 8x scope.

thejpfin

I fucking hate those metal/wood bars on windows. I missed 5 sniper shots, because small wooden bar blocked all those shots.

Why do they even exist? Game doesn't have bullet penetration, might as well remove them completely.

Tagyhag

I fucking hate those metal/wood bars on windows. I missed 5 sniper shots, because small wooden bar blocked all those shots.

Why do they even exist? Game doesn't have bullet penetration, might as well remove them completely.

They're adding it later on so that's why they don't remove them.

Next time before you shoot, if you see a red circle close to your reticule, that means your shot will be blocked.

thejpfin

I shot a guy standing still that was a house away with a fence between us. There was no blood splats :| is this common? Or just bad luck for me..
You can't shoot through fences, well it depends what type of fence, but usually no.

Servers absolute garbage right now for anyone else, or just me? (NA).
I just got "host closed connection" error on EU server. Yeah, servers are currently shit.

Servers absolute garbage right now for anyone else, or just me? (NA).

So. Much. Lag. Never experienced it this bad before.

Try EU servers. Someone (I think 'Baby') recommended it to me yesterday and it seems to be working out better.

Is a GTX 1050 good enough to play this game? I'm buying a laptop just to play with friends, so I don't want to spend big money, but I also want to play this game comfortably.

You will want the 4GB version, that's the one my wife has and it runs fine. It's definitely a CPU and RAM hog though.

Dubz

The Doc is the best streamer out there. Surprised there aren't more "character" streamers. Seems like a great way to differentiate yourself from being a dude/chick on camera playing games.

Just picked this up today after selling some CSGO skins and this my first three games.

The first game I only had a pistol, died trying to run for the circle. Ended up #46

The second game I had a UMP with decent attachments, level 1 gear, died in the circle as I got rushed by two cars who both had ARs. #8 finishing

The third I had a M416 and a M416A4. It was a thrilling game. I managed to come in at an angle to the circle where not a lot of people were coming in from, and as the circle hit down to the final eight, I had three awesome flank kills which brought it down to 4 then 3 in the same circle. I knew one guy was right in front of me looking my direction (there was a bush between us), then I saw the third guy run into a bush on my right, so I popped up and shot him really quick. The second guy (one in front of me) had moved to my left as I went prone and started firing at me then stopped?. I popped up to see him to shoot, accidentally pressing x to unequip my weapon. Panicking, I pulled out my weapon and...

5jxULTQ.jpg

I feel like I've peaked already. I am loving PUBG though.

Grassy

The Doc was especially tilted yesterday after having PC issues for a large part of his stream. I think he actually was genuinely furious yesterday. He even apologized to his chat about his bad mood a few times.

Poppy

everytime i pick up a sniper rifle it's like a new dream is born

a dream that is inevitably going to end in sadness for me, but a dream nonetheless

Top Bottom