• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale (PS4/Vita) |OT| Sans Keyboard

I noticed on the PlayStation Store, only the Vita version mentions Cross Buy. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the PS4 version. So I think I will purchase the Vita version just in case.

Bastion

First time player here. I am really enjoying the game on Vita but was wondering why the game is 4:3 and not 16:9? That is the only thing that is bothering me as it's just so small. Did Toby ever explain why he chose 4:3? Was it to make it seem more retro?

devonodev

Will buy this after I beat Sonic Mania. I already beat it so many times on PC, but it's just that good.

Anyone who hasn't played the game yet, leave this thread and just beat it at least once. I knew nothing at all except the Steam trailer going into Undertale, and Im so glad I did. Don't even click my spoiler.

Light spoilers:
I didn't even know there was a such thing as Pacifist or Genocide route, and killed a few monsters just enough to be strong. When Sans had his speech about Exp at the end I was like whaaaat. Incredible game.

Bastion

I noticed on the PlayStation Store, only the Vita version mentions Cross Buy. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the PS4 version. So I think I will purchase the Vita version just in case.

I can confirm it is. I pre-ordered the PS4 version and the Vita version was free. I am in North America so can't say for any any other region.

Joey Ravn

Banned
First time player here. I am really enjoying the game on Vita but was wondering why the game is 4:3 and not 16:9? That is the only thing that is bothering me as it's just so small. Did Toby ever explain why he chose 4:3? Was it to make it seem more retro?

Here:

We fiddled with it early on but the resolution is such that it caused a lot of double pixels and general ugliness when stretched to fit the top and bottom of the screen (especially in Japanese), to the point that we decided to keep it in its original res. Hope it looks nice enough!

As for why it's 4:3 in the first place, I don't know. Use one of the borders included in this release if the black bars bother you.

Chucker

Bought it on PC, never played it because of course I didn't. Managed to stay spoiler free for 2 years which is a feat of it's own. Dived in last night, so wonderful.

Agentnibs

Is anyone having any issues with the sound. Mine will play for literally 1 second (enough to here a beep) and the mute for 5. Then repeat

Saikyo

So there is basically no difference to the PC version, correct?

-Borders
-5 Frogs at ruins
-Dog Shrine
at Papyrus kitchen
-
They changed the "crash" before omega flowey to simply show the glitched intro
-
Also losing to omega flowey it simply reset the fight after the HAHAHAHAHAHA text
-
Unintentional ps4 error when naming the fallen kid "Gaster", they will fix that

sirpikaz

Neo Member
I have never played this game, I have had certain things ruined for me, but I'm not sure if it's ruined or explained early on.
Pacifist vs killing everyone, or rather what that even means

That being said, I kind of want to buy it today and play right away, but I also like physical so I may order the disc version and wait for that. I'm a bit of physical game junkie...

I'll start playing this as soon as I finish with Sonic. Looking forward to it! Didn't get a chance to play this when it first came out so this'll be a new experience for me.

Agentnibs

I have never played this game, I have had certain things ruined for me, but I'm not sure if it's ruined or explained early on.
Pacifist vs killing everyone, or rather what that even means

That being said, I kind of want to buy it today and play right away, but I also like physical so I may order the disc version and wait for that. I'm a bit of physical game junkie...

Don't even worry about it.
Everyones always talking about the pacifist ending like it's the only one that matters. There's another ending that should be done first to make the pacifist ending better. You don't have to do anything for it, just play the game like you would any other rpg. Then replay it for the other endings.

Can believe we're here. One of the greatest games of all time and I never thought I'd get a chance to play it again on a console. I'm waiting for my Collector's Edition to play but I'm so so psyched.

Tagyhag

Don't even worry about it.
Everyones always talking about the pacifist ending like it's the only one that matters. There's another ending that should be done first to make the pacifist ending better. You don't have to do anything for it, just play the game like you would any other rpg. Then replay it for the other endings.

It's true but
a lot of people tell you to just do the pacifist ending first because otherwise you're going to be replaying the entire game over again. Not everyone has the time for that.

I'm really happy I was told to do it first. I probably would have moved on to another game if I didn't.

-Borders
-5 Frogs at ruins
-Dog Shrine
at Papyrus kitchen
-
They changed the "crash" before omega flowey to simply show the glitched intro
-
Also losing to omega flowey it simply reset the fight after the HAHAHAHAHAHA text
-
Unintentional ps4 error when naming the fallen kid "Gaster", they will fix that

It's understandable that they had to do that for the endings but that's a really big shame, it loses a huge initial impact.

It's true but
a lot of people tell you to just do the pacifist ending first because otherwise you're going to be replaying the entire game over again. Not everyone has the time for that.
Neutral playthrough is pretty short. I don't think 4< hours is a timesink, and there are a reasonable amount of things different between both paths that are worth seeing. Replays for this game really aren't as bad as you make them out to be.

JymfMkT.jpg

Yes it's a true quote apparently!

DNAbro

Huh did they slightly change the dialogue for the RG1/2 fight? Seems different from what I remember.

I remember after you get him to confess he said "aha just kidding" but now it's something closer to "ah the human must have mind controlled me". Was that originally there or was it added?

edit: oh they did change it. I wonder what prompted it.

DNAbro

so since i have to wait til september to get my physical version, what does the dog shrine do?

You donate a specific amount of gold, 1 gold at a time and random things get added to the room. It's basically all one big joke and an excuse for trophies.

specdot

I've waited so long to play this on my Vita. I still don't know what the game is or what I'm in for, but I'm excited.

Top Bottom