• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

1. Nier Automata: I loved the story, characters and music of the original game and I can't wait to see what Yoko Taro is capable of making with a competent developer.

2. Nioh: As a fan of Souls games I'm very curious to see what Team Ninja can do with the formula. The beta got great feedback so I'm hoping this could be really good.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn: I have never been able to enjoy a Western big budget RPG as they all tend to prioritize openness and freedom over great moment-to-moment gameplay. This could be the game that changes that. I will wait and see how it is received before I make a decision to buy though.

4. Eitr: Gorgeous pixelart indie isometric Souls-like? Yes please

5. Kingdom Hearts II.8: I never played the original 3DS game and I have heard plenty of bad things. That said, this is Kingdom Hearts and I'm a sucker so I will still play it.

Plesiades

1. Prey
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Vampyr
4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Routine
7. Tacoma
8. What Remains of Edith Finch
9. Nier: Automata
10. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

godisntheradio

Neo Member
1. Persona 5 : the wait will finally be over, the extremely positive impressions of those who already played had me drooling.
2. Trails in the Sky The 3rd: i played the first two this year and i'm almost finishing cold steel II, i just need more.
3. Gravity Rush 2: Another one which was already on my list last year, i loved the first one on vita, gave me those ps2 platform games vibes.
4. Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony : very, very excited to see what's next, whatever happens they always have something new to surprise us.
5. NiER Automata : i'm curious to try NiER but it's hard to find and it's not even on the PSN store, so Automata will be my entry point.
6. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : I liked the first game but didn't like the combat as much, iteration means improvement(most of the time), so i can't wait.
7. Gran Turismo Sport : It's about time to have some gran turismo goodness on the ps4.
8. Tokyo Xanadu : As you would suspect i discovered falcom games this year and they're exactly my thing.
9. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: i still can't believe this is happening
10. Tales of Berseria : General impressions say that it's better than zestiria and that's enough.

Honorable mentions goes to Horizon Zero Dawn, i still have hope that this will be home console hunting game with top production values and Resident Evil 7, which i may or may not be to scared to play.
Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana was not confirmed for 2017, but i'm sure will announce it somewhere along the way.

Simo

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: The first game was my favorite title on the last generation of hardware and I've been craving a next gen version ever since. I'm also a big Western fan so RDR scratched the itch for quite a while. I'm really excited on what Rockstar is going to do for the online end of things but mostly the single player stuff and the world is what I'm always thinking about. lol

2. Mass Effect Andromeda: I love the Mass Effect series and I'm loving everything I've seen and read about Andromeda so far.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn: I really dig the premise of the whole game and seeing the beautiful work Guerilla is doing.

4. Resident Evil 7: I was one of those big fans of the series up until 5, where I thought after the ending the series was done because the story and resolution of the main characters was done. I never played another RE game since but the reveal and info on RE7 intrigued me...the only problem is that I think getting older my tolerance for scares has gotten to me and I'm too chicken shit to finish the demo. Lol

5. For Honor: The beta was great fun to play for PvE and PvP. Loved the combat and animations.

I might add more later but that's all I have for now. Are Shenmue 3 and Sea of thieves elgible? I can't remember if they had release Windows.

TheMagicMax

Neo Member
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Persona 5
3. NieR: Automata
4. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games : (This counts, right? After all, 999 never released in Europe before)
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Yakuza 0
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
9. Nioh
10. Gran Turismo Sport

Zalman

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Yes, this is on my list again... Every time we see it I want it more. Console Zelda games have never disappointed me.
2. Persona 5 : ... Yes, this is also on my list again. Everything we've seen so far looks incredibly stylish, and I'm equally as hyped about the music as the game itself. Persona music is great.
3. Gravity Rush 2 : I absolutely loved Gravity Rush and I can't wait for them to expand this world. It's a shame it got pushed to January but at least it's almost here.
4. Sonic Mania : The Sonic game Sega should have made years ago. I don't have a single complaint about it yet.
5. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy : I'm one of those who've been waiting for Crash to return. These games defined the PS1 for me. The trilogy looks great and I can't wait to see more of it.
6. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite : Although I'm saddened that the X-Men won't be in the main game, I'm still excited to play it and see what the final roster looks like. Crossover fighters are always fun.
7. Yooka-Laylee : The Rare we know and love. I'm really happy this game exists as 3D platformers are my favorite genre.
8. Yakuza 0 : I've been wanting to get into this series for some time, but 2017 will finally be the year with Yakuza 0 and Kiwami coming out.
9. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : Cool trailer at PSX. I think I'm not as hyped about Uncharted anymore as I used to be but I'm still looking forward to it.
10. Danganronpa V3 : Danganronpa is far from my favorite visual novel series, but I enjoyed the first two games enough to put this here.

Begaria

I love RPGs. I love Japanese games. This will be a list composed mostly of RPGs, Japanese games, or JRPGs :p

neon_0001_large.jpg

1. Horizon Zero Dawn: A RPG made by Guerilla written by the writer of Fallout: New Vegas and quests by some Witcher developers? Yes. VERY VERY YES.

Nioh-2.jpg

2. Nioh: Ninja Gaiden Souls with Diablo inventory and Gears of War active reload for your stamina with crazy good gameplay. Need I say more? No. No, I do not.

ni-no-kuni-2-large.jpg

3. Ni no Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom: Sequel to my personal GOTY 2013, by one of my favorite RPG developers, with town building back. PSX 2016 footage blew my damn mind.

Berseria-TV-Spot_05-24-16.jpg

4. Tales of Berseria: The latest trailer just got me super hyped for Berseria. I love the Tales series, always consistent, and I love dark stories. This is supposed to be one of the darkest Tales games, and I cannot freakin' wait to play it.

qgwkv1h72mp27wpy9kwr.jpg

5. Persona 5: I know. Sacrilege that this game is fifth on a JRPG fan's list. It looks super good, but I've actually only played the first Persona game to completion. BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD THO

22544625052_344a05e608_o.jpg

6. Nier Automata: Platinum. Square Enix. Action RPG. That's all you need to know.

gravityrush2_01.jpg

7. Gravity Rush 2: I quite enjoyed the first game, but it left a lot of things unanswered and kind of fell of a cliff by the end of the game. I'm hoping Gravity Rush 2 improves on the main story and cleans up those sidequests.

DQH2-Update_04-08-16.jpg

8. Dragon Quest Heroes 2: Loved the first one, I'm a huge Dragon Quest nut. The sequel looks bigger, better, and even more fun!

yakuza-0-pointing-feature.jpg

9. Yakuza 0: I've never played a single Yakuza game. The prequel seems like a pretty place to start, especially now that we're getting the Yakuza 1 remake in the West.

sb_slide1-660x370.jpg

10. Scalebound: Platinum. Action RPG. Typical Microsoft polish. Can't wait to play it!

Vaa

Neo Member
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Persona 5
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. NieR: Automata
8. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
9. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
10. Vampyr

Smeags

2. Super Mario Switch
3. Splatoon Switch
4. Anything Switch basically, most notably new IPs.

Unfortunately all those Switch games bar BotW aren't officially confirmed, and therefore invalid for the event. 😭

What are the officially confirmed games again? I know Project Sonic 2017 carries the Switch logo. But even the obvious games like Skyrim have the "nothing to announce at this time huehuehue!" non-committal jargon.

January 12th is going to make this event and the results quickly outdated unfortunately.

Paltheos

1) Persona 5: I'm not as crazy a Persona fanatic as most of GAF, but I still think they're solid adventures and remarkable for how much fun you can get out of them when factoring in their length. Most games of that length run stale after a while, but Persona 3 and 4 stay fresh for such a long time.
2) Danganronpa V3: Danganronpa 1 and 2 are my favorite visual novel/mystery stories ever. I still have faith in Kodaka, even after a shaky Danganronpa 3. Guy's got all the ability to tell an interesting story. I want to believe he just needs a fresh start.
3) Final Fantasy XII HD: One of the finest titles (period), polished to be played as originally intended? Count me fucking in.
4) Crackdown 3: Crackdown 2 is a big, overcrowded disappointment, but Crackdown 1 is my favorite open world game ever. So much fun and destruction to just be had with none of the bullshit that so often drags them down. Hopefully the 3rd title brings that back.
5) Yooka Laylee: I like old-school platformers of the Banjo and DK64 variety. I backed this one too. Should be fun.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Nioh
4. NieR Automata
5. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Star Wars Battlefront 2
8. Prey
9. Final Fantasy XII HD
10. Call of Cthulhu

Wagram

1. Nier: Automata
2. Tales of Berseria
3. Nioh
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Ni No Kuni II
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
9. Yakuza Kiwami
10. Resident Evil VII

You can bet your ass Ys VIII would be on this list (near the top) if it was 2017 confirmed.

Akai__

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. South Park: Fractured But Whole
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Halo Wars 2
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Not really sure what else yet, but I have time.

Markoman

1. Nier Automata
2. Mount & Blade Bannerlord
3. Zelda Breath of the Wild
4. EDF 5
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Nioh
7. Red Head Redemption 2
8. Persona 5
9. Mass Errect 4
10. Switch Mario

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Yakuza 0
4. Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. Dragon Quest Heroes 2
8. Yakuza Kiwami
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Sea of Thieves
7. Prey
8. Below
9. Tacoma
10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

13ruce

Banned
1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Resident evil 7
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Nier Automae
7. Nioh
8. Insomiacs Spider Man game
9. Crash remake/remaster
10. Mass Effect andromeda

Zelda wil win i guess lol

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
1- south park
2- red dead redemption 2
3- crash bandicoot n-sane trilogy

4- detroit
5- horizon zero dawn
6- new 3d mario
7- uncharted lost legacy
8- gran turismo sport
9- Yooka-Laylee
10- zelda

1. Yakuza 0
2. Yakuza: Kiwami
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Tekken 7
5. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. Injustice 2
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
9. Nex Machina
10. Ni-Oh

DrArchon

2: Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Nier: Automata
4. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
5. Cuphead
6. Nioh
7. Persona 5
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Hand of Fate 2
10. Battlechasers: Nightwar

I tried to include some smaller releases that deserve to be hyped up, but there are so many coming out so often that I honestly couldn't remember all of them.

I'm fully expecting MvCI to get pushed to Spring 2018 unless they really rush it out the door, but for now they're saying 2017 so I'm putting in on the list. I'm also afraid that Cuphead will get delayed AGAIN, because that one can't seem to catch a break. Thankfully most of these games are on track to release next year, so I can't see most of my list being repeated next year.

YgQBP_zpsjki7hdlx.jpg

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : This is the third straight year that Zelda tops my most-anticipated list, and this time better be the last! My favorite series has needed a big shake-up for a while, and BotW looks to finally do just that. (Nintendo, Switch)

10640429_zpspmitc7i2.jpg

2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard : RE is also one of my three favorite series, but there has not been a great entry since RE4 in 2005, and there has not been a great horror entry since REmake in 2002. Might RE7 end this run of disappointments? I sure hope so, but at the very least, this is the first time I've been legitimately excited about a new Resident Evil game since the lead-up to RE5. (Capcom, PS4)

rdr2_zps4atxrglb.jpg

3. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Three simple reasons -- 1, Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's best game. 2, GTAV is the only game they have put out since 2012. 3, Rockstar has yet to make a current-gen game. This is a no-brainer. (Rockstar Games, PS4/XBO)

prey_2017_screenshot-1280x720_zpsfc1nrlyq.jpg

4. Prey : The original Prey was a good game. Not great, but it was good. I liked it. And Prey 2 certainly had the potential to be great. But the new Prey is much more of my type of game, and based on everything I've seen and heard about it, I'm really going to like this one. (Arkane Studios, PS4)

21898162763_da2cfe4b6f_o_zpsiaxzrwkt.jpg

5. Horizon Zero Dawn : Horizon is both gorgeous and ambitious on an impressive scale. My one reservation is that I have never cared much for the Killzone games, and I've always seen GG more as a studio with technical prowess than one with great game design chops. But to be fair, this game looks much more promising and exciting than their previous output has been. (Guerrilla Games, PS4)

10c760e3-48b0-4146-8411-7fe1604a1fda_zpsway8n7gz.png

6. Cuphead : Another holdover from last year's list. The art-style alone makes this one of the most impressive-looking games I've ever seen. (Studio MDHR, XBO)

yooka-laylee-2_zpsos9papuz.jpg

7. Yooka-Laylee : This was the first game I backed on Kickstarter. The timing is perfect for a revival of the N64-era 3D platformer, and who better to do it than the fellas who were at Rare? (Playtonic Games, PS4)

Honorable Mentions (unranked): Nioh, Tacoma, Vampyr, Outlast II, Scalebound, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Nier: Automata, Yakuza 0, Persona 5. The latter four would all be my first in those respective series.

Also, Super Mario Switch would be my #3 or #4 most-anticipated game of 2017, if it counted.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So Super Mario Switch is not eligible? Even though it is almost assuredly a launch title and was shown at the event? If it is not eligible, please just remove the game from the list when counting, I'm really unsure if it qualifies.

1. Yooka-Laylee : This truly looks like a worthy successor to Banjo-Tooie. Fun gameplay, traditional collectathon level design. I just hope the levels are not too large. If this hold then I expect one amazing game.
2. Super Mario Switch : Mario has his agility back, yay! Since Mario platformers are always my absolute highlights, this will certainly be an outstanding game for me.
3. Sonic Project 2017 : Sonic Generations is among my small list of most loved games of all time and I have no reason to doubt that Sonic Project 2017 is on track to build on that fantastic foundation. Let's run!
4. Sonic Mania : As a huge fan of Sonic, both modern and classic, I love to see a comeback of the Mega Drive style. I just hope that it will also see the light of day as a retail release...
5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I am really not happy about the enormous size of the world, the breakable weapons or the crafting - it all sounds like a load of fluff and padding infecting the series after TP and in particular SS healed the wounds from Wind Waker. Nevertheless, SS was the best Zelda game ever made, so I am eager to see what the incredible team behind this gem has been cooking up for the past five years.
6. Pikmin 3DS : Pikmin is Miyamoto's lovechild and rightfully so, so I am very interested in experiencing a different approach to the Pikmin formula on 3DS and hopefully close that with a fine aftertaste of Pikmin 4 coming to Switch
7. Yoshi's Woolly World Poochy Edition : Yoshi's Woolly World is a fantastic game, but I am not too happy to have to buy it a second time for some extra levels. Nevertheless, I will certainly enjoy it a lot.
8. Danganronpa V3 : I was quite worried it would not come to Vita in the west, but luckily, that fear was not justified. My Vita will thus outlive my Wii U, which I sure as hell would not have though in advance. I look forward to a lot more of Monokuma's shinenigans.
9. Crash N Sane Trilogy : Not too pumped for it, since I have just recently played through all the PS1 games, but when it releases for Xbone or Switch I will certainly buy it to have a version of the games that can be played with a proper controller :).

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda
3. Tales of Berseria
4. Nino Kuni 2
5. Nier 2
6. FF12 HD
7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
8. Trails 3
9. Red Dead 2
10. Mario switch

wig

1. Mass Effect Andromeda : I just started playing the series for the first time last month when the games were added to the EA Access vault. I cannot believe that I did not play them last gen. I'm hooked! I just started ME3 and I'm dreading reaching the end of the game. I've managed to avoid all spoilers for the series but I kind of have an idea of what will happen (I watched the Andromeda trailers smh). :(
2. Horizon Zero Dawn : I've been anticipating this game ever since the concept art leaked. I can't wait to play it. Also, robot dinosaur hunting.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Loved the first game.
4. Uncharted The Lost Legacy : CHLOE.
5. Persona 5 : More senpai.
6. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy : Nostalgia reasons.
7. South Park The Fractured But Whole : I liked the first game but there was a lot that could have been improved. I hope this game fixes all the complaints I had with the first.
8. Gravity Rush 2 : I hope it's as good as the first. I'm excited to see what the game is capable of on the PS4 instead of the Vita.
9. Danganronpa V3 : This series was my introduction to visual novels and I loved it. Can't wait to play this on my PS4.
10. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 : AQUA.

1. Nioh : I'm always down for more Souls-like games and a Souls-like game set in feudal Japan is a nice change.
2. Vampyr : Because I'm longing for a new game were you can play as a vampire.
3. Hellblade : This one got my interest as well. I forget it everytime.

1. Persona 5.
2. Red Dead Redemption 2.
3. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.
4. Yooka-Laylee.
5. Horizon Zero Dawn.
6. Nier: Automata.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
2. PREY
3. Nier: Automata
4. Vampyr
5. Yooka Laylee
6. HITMAN season 2
7. Cuphead

thegameplayloop

Neo Member
1. Mass Effect Andromeda; Mass Effect 2 is my favourite RPG(if it indeed qualifies as such) ever. I'm equal parts excited and trepidatious from what I've heard and seen. Will this game continue with the same themes as the trilogy? Will it rekindle some of the magic dampened by the ending of 3? And most importantly, will it recapture the feeling I got when I first entered Afterlife nightclub on Omega or at the beginning of 2?

2. Persona 5; I remember watching pre release footage of P4 back in 08 and thinking how similar this new 'Yosuke' guy was to Junpei from P3 and how despite this he just wasn't Junpei and would never fill that void. Turns out Yosuke is my favourite character from the series and the one I see most of myself in. Funny how things change. Let's hope P5 can achieve the same.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn; I've heard great things and recently I've heard some less optimistic things about Horizon. Either way I'm rooting for a fresh new IP to bring some much needed identity to the PS4 that's just so much less memorable than its predecessor.

4. Danganronoa V3
5. Ni Oh
6. For Honour
7. Resident Evil 7
8. Nier Automata
9. Gravity Rush 2

tolkir

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
4. Project Sonic 2017
5. Scalebound
6. Sonic Mania
7. Tekken 7
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
9. NieR Automata
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Persona 5
6. Cuphead
7. Dragon Quest XI
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
9. Sonic Mania
10. Gravity Rush 2

Honourable mentions and ineligible games

x. Outlast 2
x. Red Dead Redemption 2
x. Vampyr
x. Sea of Thieves
x. Pokémon Stars.

Blader

2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn

TBD games that I hope will come out next year:
God of War
Spider-Man PS4
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

FelipeMGM

This was the hardest list to make of this gen (and Im sure it will change before Jan 1st)

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Played 20 min of it in a trade show and if feels great to play, which was my biggest concern. Very confident in both the world and the story they are building based on the talent there. And its coming really soon so Im pretty hyped about it
2. Persona 5 : Import Gaf impressions were great as expected, prob the most amazing looking game I've seen in years. The art direction is just so appealing to me.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2 : We dont know much about it and looking back at R* record, it could get delayed to 2018. But just the fact that is a Red Dead Redemption sequel makes me hyped.
4. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild : Buying a Switch the day this comes out, so it says enough about it.
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : Its the sequel to my 2014 GOTY, isnt higher on the list because I need to feel how the tactical additions work in the combat.
6. NieR Automata : Always exciting to have a Platinum developed action game, and this is looking great. Could prob go higher based on the demo coming out next week. EDIT: Ok, that demo was amzing.
7. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : So glad Chloe is back, and even more excited because she is the main character in this one. Love the way TLoU influenced Uncharted4 and I expect the same level of care of the world and story here.
8. Gravity Rush 2 : Another one that I had a chance to play multiple times and felt great. The OG Gravity Rush had its flaws, and the sequel definetly looks improved. Also, looks amazing!
9. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy : The OG Crash trilogy are some of the games most endearing to my heart, so Im naturally excited for it.
10. Prey : Love the System Shock vibes and the 3D metroidvania structure. Latest info from the GameInformer make it sounds like its a very peculiar game, which has me very excited

Hydrargyrus

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Persona 5
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Nioh
5. Shenmue 3
6. Nier Automata
7. Ni no kuni 2
8. Mass effect: Andromeda
9. Tales of Berseria
10. Gravity Rush 2

2. Resident Evil 7

There are a lot of games coming next year I'm interested in, but these are the only two I'm anticipating. Well, I'm also incredibly excited for the next 3D Mario game, but since it hasn't been officially announced yet, it's disqualified.

nullref

1. Scalebound : The footage shown so far has yet to really wow me, but it's a big new Kamiya game, and it's coming to PC. That's more than enough for me to be excited.
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda : While I'd hoped this would look a little less iterative than it currently looks, it's more Mass Effect, and I like Mass Effect.
3. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite : Love MvC, so there's no way I'm not excited for this.
4. Neir: Automata : I'm not a JRPG guy, I haven't played the first game, and the art direction here doesn't do much for me. But it's a new Platinum action game, and it will be on PC.
5. Star Citizen : Not sure this will turn out to be something I'm interested in, but I just want to see how it turns out at this point.
6. For Honor : Has kind of a cool look and setting, but my interest is entirely predicated on a good campaign. No interest in multiplayer, and that's mostly what they've shown so far. We'll see. Not especially optimistic, though.

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera: The original Torment remains my favourite game, and while there's almost no way this'll live up to it, hopefully it'll still scratch the same itch.
2. No Truce With The Furies: An RPG with a Soviet aesthetic and a focus on being a massive failure, and a potentially revolutionary skill system. Sure.
3. Persona 5 Guys, it's Persona 5, the sequel to Persona 3. Persona 3 was real good, you guys.
4. Pathologic: A remake of that already great weird Russian disease RPG? I'm there.
5. Tokyo Dark: A investigation/adventure game set in SPOOOOOOKY Tokyo with RPG and sanity mechanics. Ticks all my boxes.
6. Nier: Automata: May not be as good as the original Nier, but it's an action game made by Platinum, so at least it'll play well.
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Not enough sci-fi RPGs exist, so I'll take what I can get.
8. What Remains of Edith Finch: More spooky weirdness. Also, you can roll around as a shark, I think?
9. Omori: Basically Yume Nikki again by the looks of things. If they can encapsule that in a "real game", good for them.
10. Vamypr: Remember Me devs return with WW1 vampires in London.

Honourary mentions for games without set release dates, but will probably hit 2017:

FFVIIR
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Destiny 2
Detroit

And unedited for Detroit getting un-2017'd.

So Super Mario Switch is not eligible? Even though it is almost assuredly a launch title and was shown at the event? If it is not eligible, please just remove the game from the list when counting, I'm really unsure if it qualifies.

1. Yooka-Laylee : This truly looks like a worthy successor to Banjo-Tooie. Fun gameplay, traditional collectathon level design. I just hope the levels are not too large. If this hold then I expect one amazing game.
2. Super Mario Switch : Mario has his agility back, yay! Since Mario platformers are always my absolute highlights, this will certainly be an outstanding game for me.
3. Sonic Project 2017 : Sonic Generations is among my small list of most loved games of all time and I have no reason to doubt that Sonic Project 2017 is on track to build on that fantastic foundation. Let's run!
4. Sonic Mania : As a huge fan of Sonic, both modern and classic, I love to see a comeback of the Mega Drive style. I just hope that it will also see the light of day as a retail release...
5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I am really not happy about the enormous size of the world, the breakable weapons or the crafting - it all sounds like a load of fluff and padding infecting the series after TP and in particular SS healed the wounds from Wind Waker. Nevertheless, SS was the best Zelda game ever made, so I am eager to see what the incredible team behind this gem has been cooking up for the past five years.
6. Pikmin 3DS : Pikmin is Miyamoto's lovechild and rightfully so, so I am very interested in experiencing a different approach to the Pikmin formula on 3DS and hopefully close that with a fine aftertaste of Pikmin 4 coming to Switch
7. Yoshi's Woolly World Poochy Edition : Yoshi's Woolly World is a fantastic game, but I am not too happy to have to buy it a second time for some extra levels. Nevertheless, I will certainly enjoy it a lot.
8. Danganronpa V3 : I was quite worried it would not come to Vita in the west, but luckily, that fear was not justified. My Vita will thus outlive my Wii U, which I sure as hell would not have though in advance. I look forward to a lot more of Monokuma's shinenigans.
9. Crash N Sane Trilogy : Not too pumped for it, since I have just recently played through all the PS1 games, but when it releases for Xbone or Switch I will certainly buy it to have a version of the games that can be played with a proper controller :).
Did you not read the OP? It's explicitly listed as an example of an ineligible game

1. Resident Evil VII
2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
3. Persona 5
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Nier Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Ace Combat 7
9. Ni no Kuni II
10. Nioh

Top Bottom