• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action |OT| Do Androids Drink To Electric Beats?

Rocwell

I downloaded the demo after reading the impressions in this thread. I found it charming and decided to give it a purchase on steam. I dig the style of the game so far, looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

hV2mKxY.png
Yeah this game seems all right lol

I downloaded the demo after reading the impressions in this thread. I found it charming and decided to give it a purchase on steam. I dig the style of the game so far, looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

I love how they weren't even being subtle with that reference. Quinton Hayter gets me for some reason.

Bombless

Holy shit, I had missed the reference. LOL

Rocwell

Yeah this game is fantastic, I dig the art style, the music and the writing in it. It's actually wickedly funny and sexy. The mixing drinks minigame could be a little more polished, but I think I kinda love this game already.

Steel

Banned
Every fucking time
Virgillio
walks through the door I feel like strangling him.

All the same, loving the game so far. 10 days in.

Just finished the game. Great overall
though it appears i got the bad end due to being 200 bucks short and getting evicted

Guess this may be the first NG+ I do in a very long time. Does the game highlight already explored areas?I seemed to have somehow missed all the other endings and am not sure what the triggers are for them, Virtue's Last Reward spoiled me with the timeline

Rocwell

I kind of like that one of the mechanics of the game is that it asks you to pick music for the jukebox and compliments you on your selections. BGM test/jukebox type options in games have always been a nice inclusion and this is a little twist on it.

I guess the reference here is probably to the Stray Sheep from Catherine, I like it though.

mankoto

Just finished the game. Great overall
though it appears i got the bad end due to being 200 bucks short and getting evicted

Guess this may be the first NG+ I do in a very long time. Does the game highlight already explored areas?I seemed to have somehow missed all the other endings and am not sure what the triggers are for them, Virtue's Last Reward spoiled me with the timeline

Here's a freebie:
Do you remember when Dorothy was feeling down? Give her, her drink that cheers her up.

I've gotten 2 or 3 of them. But that's the only one I'm pretty sure that's the trigger for an extra ending scene. And this one is kinda important if you couldn't figure out a certain relation already.

Here's a freebie:
Do you remember when Dorothy was feeling down? Give her, her drink that cheers her up.

I've gotten 2 or 3 of them. But that's the only one I'm pretty sure that's the trigger for an extra ending scene. And this one is kinda important if you couldn't figure out a certain relation already.

i figured as much i know what day you were talking about.
I just bloody forgot her usual drink that time and have been kicking myself the entire time. (everybody getting sugar rushes confused me since it was pointed out in asides so many days)

ymgve

Protip: Save up some money so you don't get whacked by the later bills. As far as I've seen the downside to not buying things you want is that
when mixing drinks you won't have the actual drink name to produce in the dialog window, so you gotta remember what the customer actually wanted before the dialog is replaced by a "distraction"

I wonder if there are any factors other than success/failure when making drinks. Some of them can have a varying amount of alcohol, and I wonder if there are any different outcomes depending on what you make when a customer only asks about a sweet or classy drink and doesn't specify an exact name.

Protip: Save up some money so you don't get whacked by the later bills. As far as I've seen the downside to not buying things you want is that
when mixing drinks you won't have the actual drink name to produce in the dialog window, so you gotta remember what the customer actually wanted before the dialog is replaced by a "distraction"

I wonder if there are any factors other than success/failure when making drinks. Some of them can have a varying amount of alcohol, and I wonder if there are any different outcomes depending on what you make when a customer only asks about a sweet or classy drink and doesn't specify an exact name.

How much money are we talking about? I've got what I think is a decent saving, but I still buy everything Jill wants and sometimes additional stuff

Astarte

Beat the game in 6 hours to get the good ending and most of the other character endings. This was a super nice romp, I'll probably do a few more runs to get the other ones maybe.

Also did anyone else find it funny that they managed to capture the spirit of 4chan completely? Like this is some next level shit.

BTA

I'm gonna hold out for a bit, possibly for the Vita version, but I'm really happy to see a lot of positive reactions. It seems really neat!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yo... I didn't know what to expect, but this game is legit. Like, I don't even know why I like the game. You don't really do anything. But it's rad. Visuals are great, writing is great, music is amazing... it's just an incredibly satisfying, relaxing experience.

Also, it's the kind of game you absolutely have to play at night, with the lights out. The vibe from this thing is just perfect.

I know this isn't the sort of game that a lot of people are going to give a chance, but after playing it for an hour, I'm 100% confident recommending it.

Tiktaalik

This looks fantastic and I'm definitely going to buy this, but wow what a terrible name for the game. Like how do I even say this out loud with other people? Yeah I guess "Valhalla" but still. Pretty bad choice here.

Hey guys, someone asked for a non specific drink on day 3 and I'm not sure what they want.

"A drink named in honor of a good friend" or something..

Astarte

Hey guys, someone asked for a non specific drink on day 3 and I'm not sure what they want.

"A drink named in honor of a good friend" or something..

Piano Man. Jill described the drink's background earlier.

I'm on the 28th.
I have about $5800 in the bank. Can I make enough to pay my rent, or am I screwed?

For the 10k mark? The 28th gave me like 1.8k and the 29th gave me around 2.5k? So probably.

This looks fantastic and I'm definitely going to buy this, but wow what a terrible name for the game. Like how do I even say this out loud with other people? Yeah I guess "Valhalla" but still. Pretty bad choice here.

Spoken, it can be very simply called Valhalla

The problem is that the written name is a fucking nightmare in terms of memorability and discoverability.

OMG Aero

Are you meant to play the demo before the actual game?
I'm at the break of day 2 and when Dorothy first showed up there was no introduction to her and she was talking about specific things that happened on Friday as if I'm supposed to know about them, so when I saw that the demo has unique story content on it I was wondering if the demo was about that day and I was supposed to have played it before I started the main game.

Are you meant to play the demo before the actual game?
I'm at the break of day 2 and when Dorothy first showed up there was no introduction to her and she was talking about specific things that happened on Friday as if I'm supposed to know about them, so when I saw that the demo has unique story content on it I was wondering if the demo was about that day and I was supposed to have played it before I started the main game.

that would suck since the demo seemed to be Windows only

Top Bottom