• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just got an order in at EB.ca, as long as I don't get a cancellation from either BB or EB then the extra is going to one of you.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just got an order in at EB.ca, as long as I don't get a cancellation from either BB or EB then the extra is going to one of you.
Nah. Shadowkat can have it. Unless one of you wasn't referring to me in which case I hope you slip on an icy sidewalk! >:/

I'll still try to get it in the hopes the goddamn scalpers don't hoard them all.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Step outside wearing t-shirt, stand on doorstep for fifteen seconds, contemplate grabbing long-sleeve shirt, decide against it, walk to subway in mild discomfort.

Those new blending machine set-ups they have in some Esso convenience stores are awesome. You get a large variety of milkshakes and smoothies flavours to choose from and can choose how thick you want them blended.

I suppose Kuro has already made an educated decision not to see Frozen II when it is released in 2019.

He probably gets triggered by those Olaf back packs that some kids use, while on their commute via the TTC with their parents.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose Kuro has already made an educated decision not to see Frozen II when it is released in 2019.

He probably gets triggered by those Olaf back packs that some kids use, while on their commute via the TTC with their parents.
Didn't even see Frozen...there's actually going to be a sequel?! DAMN YOU, GLOBAL WARMING! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

zroid

Banned
We have been getting calls about duct cleaning literally 4 times a day, over the last while

it's freaking insane(ly annoying)

Entropia

No One Remembers
This weather has been phenomenal! I was in TO last night for a concert, when we got out at midnight even in my t-shirt and jeans I felt a bit chilly.

I mean, yeah it's a bit sooner than expected but it's the kind of weather I think is perfect. Comfortable to be in t-shirt and jeans in the day or even shorts and a t-shirt but a light jacket or sweater for the evening.

zroid

Banned
this summer has certainly saved us a lot of money on the electric bill. I think I've only turned the A/C on 4 times all season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
that's what I say but it doesn't stop some other guy from calling a few hours later 😑
Lol ok serious response but have you deliberately said "put me on the do not call list and do not call again?"

Unfortunately, that seems to only work with legitimate businesses but it's worth a try.

It's amusing how with real businesses though, I'll usually have a serious tone and it goes like this
"Hello! Would you be willing to take a survey?"
"...how did you get this number?"
"...ummm...it...was on a list for us to call.."
"What list was this?"
"I'm not sure.."
"Fine. Put me on the do not call list and do not call me back"

They're generally in a hurry to get you off the phone after that.

Still, it won't work for illegitimate businesses.

this summer has certainly saved us a lot of money on the electric bill. I think I've only turned the A/C on 4 times all season.
this summer has sucked ass i hate this city first time back in 2 years and i get this shit fuk this never comin back here agen. i havent even sweated once. only thing keeping me here is tim hortons iced caps. i wanna bring tim hortons to south america.

orher things keeping me here:

-the hotdogs stands in front of every of canadian tire

- pizza pizza walk in specials

thats all i got.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got some Pablo cheese tart. Will have impressions soonish. My wife got whatever smoothie they sell there though she didn't really like it. I hope the cheese tart is different.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My wife's impressions are that she prefers this over Uncle Tetsu cheesecake and cheese tart.

I do as well though I wish the crust was a bit more solid like a butter tart. The filling is very very light and has just the right amount of sweetness to it with just a hint of the cream cheese for a good balance without simply overwheming you. For the Chinese among you, it's very much like the egg custard that your family may have made but just imagine it with a bit more of a cream cheese taste and a slightly firmer texture.

They said that you should try to have it within 6 hours though it's quite a lot for just one person, so you'd likely have to share.

Fair warning that it is fragile and will easily fall apart if you're swinging it around in the bag willy nilly.

All in all, I think it's worth a try but if you're going to wait an hour for it, I'd say skip it and go when the crowds aren't as long. There were two counters so the service was relatively fast compared to Uncle Tetsu.

Hmmm...krae_man, if you do get it for your mother, just make sure you're careful lugging it back on the bus. I think a cheesecake would survive the trip fine, this cheese tart...not so much.

Seeing all this hurricane news leaves me eternally grateful to live in a part of the world that never had to deal with infrastructure destroying weather anomalies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Seeing all this hurricane news leaves me eternally grateful to live in a part of the world that never had to deal with infrastructure destroying weather anomalies.

Hurricane hazel is a thing

Absolutely a rare case, for sure. But Toronto got absolutely fucked by a cat 1 hurricane

cbox

If anyone is heading to the cne this weekend, come check out our game at the cne gaming garage :) were in the back corner!

Top Bottom