• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatchx

Banned
Wii Sports U hasn't been announced.

Woops meant Wii Fit U.

I just feel like it's very, very curious why the two 'Wii' branded games have disappeared without any notice or mention. Wii Fit U was a Q2 game, and they gave Pikmin 3 the courtesy to announce a 'slight delay'

It wouldn't be a bad move to rebrand the system during a relaunch. Call it the Nintendo U quietly, and by the time fall came around nobody would notice and the general public would just see a system branded 'Nintendo U' with new games.

Nibel

izZU6LGyGSs8L.gif

im2dQq0Z37EvW.gif

ibulykKlyRnk2.gif

zMXK2so.gif

BRING IT

Woops meant Wii Fit U.

I just feel like it's very, very curious why the two 'Wii' branded games have disappeared without any notice or mention. Wii Fit U was a Q2 game, and they gave Pikmin 3 the courtesy to announce a 'slight delay'

It wouldn't be a bad move to rebrand the system during a relaunch. Call it the Nintendo U quietly, and by the time fall came around nobody would notice and the general public would just see a system branded 'Nintendo U' with new games.

But the consumers would see that nintendo loses faith in their products.
That wouldn't be a smart move.

WiiU just needs better marketing

Mlatador

Banned
For everyone who wants to "Only For-ify" his Avatar, use this (it's got transparency already). You can change the image size yourself, if you need to.

So yeah, everybody on board the hype-train!! :D

Hakai

Drastic times call for drastic measures. The WiiU is currently selling 30-40k a month in NA and 6k per week in Japan.

Plus, Wii Fit U and Wii Play U were supposed to be summer titles. They have since completely fallen off the grid and most likely won't come out any sooner than September.

This measure of rebranding I think it would confuse more than help.

What they need is to have games, and market it well.

And about Wii Fit U, I believe is more of Nintendo tuning the game than, a rebranding on the way.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping for some Bayonetta 2 footage. Though I'm doubtful that game will be out this year since The Wonderful 101 is out in September. I'm thinking early 2014.

hatchx

Banned
This measure of rebranding I think it would confuse more than help.

What they need is to have games, and market it well.

And about Wii Fit U, I believe is more of Nintendo tuning the game than, a rebranding on the way.

I gotta wonder how much fine-tuning a game like Wii Fit U needs.

So is this an accurate list of all the games Nintendo has announced officially?
Official
3DS
Mario and Luigi Dream Team
Mario Party 3DS
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past 2
Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
New Yoshi's Island
Smash Bros 3DS

Wii U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta 2
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Smash Bros Wii U
Game and Wario
X
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei
Yoshi Land

Games we know 100% will be announced

3D Mario U
Mario Kart 8/Wii U

Possible announcements
Retro's ???? game
Monolith's 3DS game

3DS
Mario Party 3DS
Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
New Yoshi's Island
Smash Bros 3DS

Wii U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Smash Bros Wii U
Game and Wario
X
Fire Emblem X Shin megami Tensei

It lacks Yarn yoshi.

Wiz

You know what, I wouldn't even be mad at a Wii U Sports. Wasn't it a concept shown in the initial E3 2011 trailer?

Linkhero1

I thought he was working on and off on both?

Might be possible we'll get both then this year.

I really doubt we'll get Bayonetta 2 this year. I think they started over from the beginning, so the most we'll get is footage with a release date for some time next year.

Official
3DS
Mario Party 3DS
Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
New Yoshi's Island
Smash Bros 3DS

Wii U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Smash Bros Wii U
Game and Wario
X
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei
Yoshi Land

Games we know 100% will be announced

3D Mario U
Mario Kart 8/Wii U

Possible announcements
Retro's ???? game
Monolith's 3DS game

Also Sonic lost world.

CrisKre

I NEED AND ONLY FOR ON MY AVATAR PLEEEEASE!!!!!!
This is it. The buck stops here. Go big or go home. No more undastanding.
Hype.

D-e-f-

Banned
Well, he's supervising it.

Every few weeks, he walks into the building, looks at the work they have done and says "do you eat shit?" or ":)" depending on what he sees.

Isn't this how all games are made, though? :)

I thought he was working on and off on both?

Might be possible we'll get both then this year.

He is director on TW101, supervisor on Bayo2.

Basically actually working on the former and saying "that's [not] cool, yo!" when checking in at the latter and going back to working on the former.

I really doubt we'll get Bayonetta 2 this year. I think they started over from the beginning, so the most we'll get is footage with a release date for some time next year.

That's just guesswork, though. They might just knowingly not have shown anything because they knew this would be one of their E3 games. By now we should know that Nintendo not showing anything means nothing. We didn't even know ALTTP2 existed until a month ago and it's coming out this Holiday!

Linkhero1

That's just guesswork, though. They might just knowingly not have shown anything because they knew this would be one of their E3 games. By now we should know that Nintendo not showing anything means nothing. We didn't even know ALTTP2 existed until a month ago and it's coming out this Holiday!

Probably. We'll find out soon enough ;)

Effect

I am looking forward to know if they restarted development of Bayonetta 2 once Nintendo picked it up. I actually hope they did that way it's 100% a Wii U game and is taking advantage of the system and how it's designed and not at it's core a PS3/360 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom