• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

onipex

New Wii Sports, New Wi Fit, New Wii Play, New Wii Party, New Wii Music, and New Wii Mii Town.

New 3D Mario, New Zelda, New Smash Bros., New Mario Kart, New Starfox, New Kirby, New Donkey Kong, New Fzero, New Mother, New Fire Emblem, New Pokemon Stadium, New Battle War, New Mario Sports, New Mario Party, New Game and Watch, New Animal Crossing and New third party partnerships.

All releasing over the18 months.

LSworks

Neo Member
09SSlSk.png

fdkJgZR.png

Great! Thanks a lot!

Linkhero1

this will be their last chance at redemption for the wii u. if they fail it with this presentation, it will go to an early grave. if they give people a reason to be excited for it, then it may go to an early grave.

I mean, they have to know by now how badly they botched the launch and launch window. They can't afford to mess things up from this point on.

jlscool

Didn't we hear something (rumor) about Nintendo using the Non-Specific Action Figure in a game? That could be the new IP. :)

Is it still possible to have a "only for" version of my avatar?

If the image is too small here is the biggest version I found but you may resize it after modification.

Thanks ^^

(and thanks Ty Lettau for the great image)

emb

Aw, I'll be at work probably... and I won't have been working at the place long enough to feel comfortable already asking off. Will watch unspoiled the moment I get home though. HYPE

AniHawk

I mean, they have to know by now how badly they botched the launch and launch window. They can't afford to mess things up from this point on.

i hadn't thought about it until about a week ago, but i think they realized just how bad things were really early, like in mid-december. for us to receive a nintendo direct in january with its atmosphere of 'holy shit- please look forward to something', then they must have known a lot of bad shit way back then.

Don't want to stop the Hype Train but that doesn't sound good:

View a new installment of Nintendo Direct, which will provide updates
about future Wii U games.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/

Updates? That sounds like there is no surprising announcement, besides of the stuff we already know (3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, X, Bayo etc) and maybe Retro...

Penguin

Updates? That sounds like there is no surprising announcement, besides of the stuff we already know (3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, X, Bayo etc) and maybe Retro...

What do you want them to say?

Sounds like the folks freaking out because they used "discuss" last week

8bits

Banned
Chû Totoro;58859597 said:
Is it still possible to have a "only for" version of my avatar?

If the image is too small here is the biggest version I found but you may resize it after modification.

Thanks ^^

(and thanks Ty Lettau for the great image)

SNES or Gamecube version?

Linkhero1

i hadn't thought about it until about a week ago, but i think they realized just how bad things were really early, like in mid-december. for us to receive a nintendo direct in january with its atmosphere of 'holy shit- please look forward to something', then they must have known a lot of bad shit way back then.

That direct kind of struck me and made me realize how bad they were struggling and they knew they were going to struggle in the months leading up to e3. I did not expect them to show games at that point in time but instead to give us dates for Pikmin and W101. I'm hoping they're able to redeem the Wii U at E3 and show us their strong lineup for the rest of the year.

Hakai

Consider it this way and it will be already a great show, and if they said "hey we gonna have surprises" it wouldn't be a surprise at all huh?

jlscool

It is possible that is all Nintendo will show (3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart), but we have yet to SEE any of it, and we might get to play them at Best Buy!

Darryl

Banned

you readin into this one wayy too much. they're giving us updates on "future wii u games", if there's a new game announcement it is an update

hatchx

Banned
I have this weird feeling they are going to try to rebrand/relaunch the WiiU, and it will come along with rebranded announcements for Wii Sports U and Wii Play U (both which have, extremely mysteriously, disappeared).

I'm talking system update along with slightly redesigned boxarts and a new SKU.

It would explain their weird silence over the last few weeks.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Maybe something like: Watch the new Direct installment, which will provide completely unannounced and more details on anounced games for the Wii U

This is NOA. They know as much as we do. It's safer to say updates since the only certainty is that Iwata will talk about Smash, Mario Kart, and Mario 3D. I wouldn't worry.

Hakai

I have this weird feeling they are going to try to rebrand/relaunch the WiiU, and it will come along with rebranded announcements for Wii Sports U and Wii Play U (both which have, extremely mysteriously, disappeared).

I can't see they doing it, it would be chaotic.

skypunch

Banned
Nintendo's last E3 was abysmal for us fans; they probably thought they done alright in the eyes of investors though. Whatever the case, they've got to blow minds with this next one. I just want games, games and more games. And another game with a side-dish of game. And maybe a game for desert.

73V3N

Banned

Rebrand?
Naah.

"Relaunch" as they did with 3DS (price cut + Mario Kart + Mario)
Yes.

you readin into this one wayy too much. they're giving us updates on "future wii u games", if there's a new game announcement it is an update

Yes, maybe you're right. If they provide besides the announcements we know a new Metroid Wii U, more infos about Zelda Wii U and a new core IP, I will be very happy with this presentation, extremly happy if they announce a new Wave Race or F-Zero too to bundle the pack of the best presentation ever.

jlscool

This.

I'm torn, I don't want another Nintendo direct just for the update (my god, the rage if nothing new was shown at a new ND before E3), but I don't want it hogging up 10 minutes of the E3 presentation....

I think they will have some mini-direct before E3. What about the locations of Best Buy to play the games during the E3 event? I need to know that soon so I can make plans if possible. I guess if the Summer Update won't be ready until Aug anyway, they probably won't even mention it.

hatchx

Banned
I can't see they doing it, it would be chaotic.

Drastic times call for drastic measures. The WiiU is currently selling 30-40k a month in NA and 6k per week in Japan.

Plus, Wii Fit U and Wii Play U were supposed to be summer titles. They have since completely fallen off the grid and most likely won't come out any sooner than September.

Kjellson

I will be on a bus stop waiting for the bus that will take me to work when this starts. I will have to wait 6 hours to watch the SSB4 trailer. Shit. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom