• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Whats the point of the costume? I mean, Batman uses it because he knows that people are scared of Bats, Captain America represents the nation and thuus wears a flag, etc. Or is it just for the look? :D

Well, for the costume, a lot of it is about protection. It's a -serious- lifesaver. Just off the top of my head

-It absorbs energy blasts [protected him from Dr. Doom's full-stop photon beam, only the magical portion hurt him, since he doesn't have magic protection; also helped against Jessica Drew's venom blast and Speedball/Penance's energy attacks],

-It absorbs blunt impacts [let him shrug off a full-force kick from an angry Spider-Man who was legit trying to cripple him because he mistakenly thought Task kidnapped MJ, also recently let him shrug off a hit from Sebastian Shaw that broke the wall behind him].

As for the mask, originally it was just to hide his face, and he liked the design. It's also sometimes armored, as evidenced by Moon Knight, when he tanks a point-blank shotgun blast to the face without a scratch.

As for the rest of the costume, it's supposed to be a pastiche of different superheroes, just like his powerset. The boots are Captain America, the cloak is Moon Knight, the skintight bodysuit is Daredevil, and the colors were his own personal touch.

His 2010 mini fleshed out why a skull, though, and I really like this origin:

RCO014.jpg

Sandfox

Ok, I am defending much, but whats the point of Numbering One Shots? I know, people would go crazy again and wooooo its a #1!!!! marvel is satan!!!, but its One Shots. The point of these things is to stand alone.
I read that they will have both the legacy numbering and the regular numbering, but we'll see if that's true. The numbering thing is so they can say it's the old ongoing coming back for an issue as part of Legacy.

Sandfox

Hopeless always tries to write Laura as the character who doesn't care what happens to her and tries to do everything recklessly because she has a healing factor.

Looks like Aaron is leaving Star Wars and Gillen is taking over according to Marvel's latest preview brochure.

Vader's next arc will have him chasing down Jocasta Nu with the Grand Inquisitor too.

Darth Vader # 7-12

Vader's story continues! Jocasta Nu, the Jedi Temple librarian, puts forth a desperate effort to gather and preserve whatever she can of the Jedi legacy after the purge. Vader and the Grand Inquisitor cannot let Jocasta succeed and are sent after her, as Palpatine views her as a particular threat. Her knowledge makes her almost a one-woman Jedi Order that must be stopped..

Star Wars # 38-43

The possibility—and destruction—of the Death Star has changed everything. The Death Star's destruction proves the Empire is notirresistible. But a Death Star has been built, and it can't happen again. The specter of the Empire's true power has brought together a patchwork cloth of people, united in hope. From the desolation of Jedha to the search for new bases, these rebels continue to fight for a better tomorrow for a galaxy far, far away in these all-new adventure written by Kieron Gillen (DARTH VADER, DOCTOR APHRA)..

Vic_Viper

So are we guessing Aaron will take over Avengers post-Waid/next relaunch?

Im hoping he stays at Marvel but im not sure about him on an Avengers book though. I mean if Generations is good then we will see how I feel. Maybe its just because Waid did a horrible job with the book. Whatever he does though, I will be there day 1!

Also just got my DCBS and IST orders in plus had a birthday! This week was a huge haul. The shelf I just bought like 2 months ago is already full lol and im running out of room. Got Hickman's Avengers Omni (should have bought 2 lol). Plus both Wayward DLX HCs, Clone Conspiracy, Ninjak HC Vol 1, and Remender's awesome Oversized Deluxe Tokyo Ghost! I wish more Image creators would use this format, especially Hickman and Brubaker. Hope Seven to Eternity gets one, but I really want to see Hickman do one for the Black Monday Murders.

Is Low the same size format as Deadly Class and Tokyo Ghost?

You know this whole Legacy thing is going to be insanely confusing for anyone who goes, "hey what issues does this particular run encompass (paraphrasing)?"

Vic_Viper

Currently reading Aaron's Thor run and about to start the second HC, issue 13, after Godbomb and I have a question about when this takes place.

When does Original Sin take place in the overall run? And Secret Wars takes place after Thor God of Thunder, and before The Mighty Thor? Or do I read the first trade before Secret Wars and then the next one picks up after?

Currently reading Aaron's Thor run and about to start the second HC, issue 13, after Godbomb and I have a question about when this takes place.

When does Original Sin take place in the overall run? And Secret Wars takes place after Thor God of Thunder, and before The Mighty Thor? Or do I read the first trade before Secret Wars and then the next one picks up after?

You can't miss when Original Sin takes place, they make a big point of recapping it. It's inbetween the two Thor series where it switches to Jane Thor. After #25 I think

EDIT: And Secret Wars is in between the two Jane Thor books, so after issue 8 and before Mighty Thor #1.

Top Bottom