• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Blizzard

Banned
Yep! Several times I've been running away and heard twang of a bullet hitting the pan, makes me poop myself everytine lol
It's the same thing as the metal seat on the back of the buggy. Hearing a sniper bullet twang off the seat as you're racing for safety is kind of scary, but also a happy feeling.

nowarning

The pan is clutch AF. It saved my buddy from two shotgun blasts close range and he was able to kill the enemy, numerous times it's taken a few hits for me in the back, if you see one, pick it up!

Shame the Mk14 is crate only, I would definitely like to have a go with that bad boy.

Vipu

Banned
Thinking about picking this up... I need to buy a laptop, though, because I don't usually game on the PC (xbox and ps4).

Can I get by with a run of the mill 'gaming' laptop from Costco, around $500-$700?

My current laptop won't work. Tried to play last night and it was a slideshow. Total nightmare.

Would this one work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N11JKA3/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I am PC gaming newb. Civ 5 was the last game I played on a PC.

Does it have to be laptop?

Tovarisc

So.... what is the point in adding 7.62mm Mk14 EBR? It's SKS 2 with slight modernizations like front rails for grip attachment.

Let me guess, it's SKS with more damage / bullet and is given to you with permanently attached scope X and grip Y? Only available from crate.

Wardancer

Neo Member
So.... what is the point in adding 7.62mm Mk14 EBR? It's SKS 2 with slight modernizations like front rails for grip attachment.

Let me guess, it's SKS with more damage / bullet and is given to you with permanently attached scope X and grip Y? Only available from crate.

Probably no fixed scope but the render does have a bipod, but like the groza it can just be a straight upgrade to the SKS, or the M24 over the k98. So nothing mind blowing but still a nice grab.

If the bipod is ingame that could be pretty significant for just hitting shot after shot with it.

Lupercal

Banned
Is the AWM 1 hit body kill ?
Found it in a crate, hit a few bodyshots but nobody dropped. They can't all be wearing lvl3 armor right ?

Jobbs

Banned
I don't know if we're allowed to talk about other sites on here (so I can delete this if necessary), but I guess this is a big deal at the moment : https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGR...partner_banned_for_7_days_for_stream_sniping/

Most PUBG streamers are just so off putting with how they react to being killed. Every time they die it's bullshit for one reason or another, I can't believe it, what I shot him so many times, omg how did he do that, that's shady, I got stream sniped, etc etc

And let's just say it's true that dozens of people are sitting around at the lobby waiting for you to queue up and hoping they guess the right server region and queue up at the same time to get into the same game and a bunch of them consistently make it into your games. Even if that's true you're only validating them and making their efforts worthwhile by complaining about it and pointing it out.

I wish more of them would just roll with it. Dying isn't that big a deal, just move on to the next game. Only cohh and sacriel seem to be pretty consistently chill about it and cohh only plays it extremely casually. Anthony is usually pretty tolerable even if he does complain -- but only because he's funny and good humored. He doesn't frequently act butthurt.

Most PUBG streamers are just so off putting with how they react to being killed. Every time they die it's bullshit for one reason or another, I can't believe it, what I shot him so many times, omg how did he do that, that's shady, I got stream sniped, etc etc

And let's just say it's true that dozens of people are sitting around at the lobby waiting for you to queue up and hoping they guess the right server region and queue up at the same time to get into the same game and a bunch of them consistently make it into your games. Even if that's true you're only validating them and making their efforts worthwhile by complaining about it and pointing it out.

I wish more of them would just roll with it. Dying isn't that big a deal, just move on to the next game. Only cohh and sacriel seem to be pretty consistently chill about it and cohh only plays it extremely casually. Anthony is usually pretty tolerable even if he does complain -- but only because he's funny and good humored. He doesn't frequently act butthurt.

Isn't that part of the fun of streaming too? Like, I wouldn't think you're just playing to play, you play to win/be competitive.

If you're big enough where people want to come after you (assuming everything you said about even finding the right game), you should think "Fuck them, they want to watch me? I'll kill them anyway."

Gragen

I can't aim for shit, I lose 90% of close range 1v1. Built a PC for D2 and wanted to give this a shot. Any advice on learning to mouse on my journey to git gud?

I can't aim for shit, I lose 90% of close range 1v1. Built a PC for D2 and wanted to give this a shot. Any advice on learning to mouse on my journey to git gud?

I've been out of mutliplayer FPS for quite a long time...pretty much same boat. I've been dropping into high population areas to start (mostly military base) just for quick encounters for more practice...not really sure there's a magic answer otherwise than just keeping at it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've been out of mutliplayer FPS for quite a long time...pretty much same boat. I've been dropping into high population areas to start (mostly military base) just for quick encounters for more practice...not really sure there's a magic answer otherwise than just keeping at it.

My problem is I'm actually good at multiplayer FPS, but for some reason I panic on this game and when I played H1Z1 and end up shooting like shit. I guess the rush/pressure of the game style is getting to me, lol.

So I just bought this and this might be a really dumb question but how come some people start the parachute drop/the match with weapons already in their inventory while I have to go empty handed?

Is there an option I am missing?

brentech

So I just bought this and this might be a really dumb question but how come some people start the parachute drop/the match with weapons already in their inventory while I have to go empty handed?

Is there an option I am missing?
No one starts with a weapon.
They might have them on the load in island, but everyone defaults to nothing when on the plane.

Ryde3

I was just watching a Hungarian player on twitch, so I couldn't understand the chat or him BUT he had some spectator mode in solo's going. After he died he was able to see everyone moving, what weapons they had etc. There was also a different ending screen with a scoreboard.

What's up with that? It looked awesome but I've never seen it before. Was it some sort of tournament? How do I sign up haha.

jet1911

I was just watching a Hungarian player on twitch, so I couldn't understand the chat or him BUT he had some spectator mode in solo's going. After he died he was able to see everyone moving, what weapons they had etc. There was also a different ending screen with a scoreboard.

What's up with that? It looked awesome but I've never seen it before. Was it some sort of tournament? How do I sign up haha.

Probably a custom game.

Got a chicken dinner last night!

it was me and 2 friends + a random. It ended with all 4 of us plus 2 solo dudes. All of my mates died and it was just me and 1 other dude. I ended up getting him with the S12K for the win. Only 3 kills but sometimes you just get lucky with the circle.

Tovarisc

stream sniping low lifes deserve what they get

How you prove that someone was stream sniping X? Especially in this case where allegedly Y killed X and Z in one match without doing it again and again in follow up matches.

If that is the case then Bluehole definitely doesn't have case for banning player for stream sniping as they can't prove Y intentionally pathed to X and Z. If it was repeat offense over e.g. 10 games where Y goes in straight line for X and Z over and over again then you have case.

If what banned person is saying is true and that this one random one time occurrence then Bluehole just fucked up and banned player for 7 days for just playing their game legitly.

Not good look.

If Bluehole has case that proves Y was sniping and was repeat offender then come out and show us goods.

If Bluehole has case that proves Y was sniping and was repeat offender then come out and show us goods.

Has there ever been a case where a developer banned someone from a game and then actually produced evidence to support it?

Not even Blizzard does that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but there's no precedent there.

fuzzyset

My team and I have developed an nasty habit of not paying attention to the blue circle until it's far too late.

It's so easy to fall behind during the midgame IMO. The circle starts to hurt pretty bad, but you still need cover a decent distance. If you get caught in a firefight while trying to get in, it's really easy to just fall behind.

JDB

Banned
They need to be way more hands-off until they get a proper penalty system in place. Only for teamkiller as well. They shouldn't even bother with doing anything about streamsnipers aside from adding streamer specific UI options (removing server name, killfeed, etc.) because it'll be a shit show to try to proof people are doing this. They're creating their own stupid drama for no reason.

Tovarisc

Has there ever been a case where a developer banned someone from a game and then actually produced evidence to support it?

Not even Blizzard does that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but there's no precedent there.

I just think in this case they really should back this ban up and justify it. Official Discord and PUBG Reddit (basically whole base community of this game) has been fuming over this ban today and calling it bullshit ban.

If Bluehole has nothing else than word of streamer to back this ban up then we are in dangerous waters where ending up in same match with big name streamer can get you banned for days if not permanently. Just because you may kill said streamer and he may report you as stream sniper to CM's who then just ban on you based on word of mouth.

Hybris

Yet if a streamer misses someone in the distance on their screen, or misses loot, and the chat calls it out for them no harm no foul.

Streamers play with so many extra distractions that it's already an uneven playing field. Checking chat, thanking donators and subs, and trying to engage with viewers in general all reduce your chances of winning. Stream sniping is another thing on that list. Nearly every streamer will tell you that they win more off stream vs on stream. Not just in PUBG but in any game.

I don't think stream sniping happens as much as streamers talk about it. And that's the problem with banning for it. It's essentially impossible to prove in most cases. I agree that it should be against the rules, but how do you enforce that.

Jobbs

Banned
There's no way to know for sure if someone was stream sniping (unless they admit it) so it should never be punished. Imagine how shitty it'd feel to get banned just for killing someone.

A lot of streamers are so thin skinned. I think I understand Cohh's popularity -- he's the only one who seems immune to being triggered by everything.

fuzzyset

There's no way to know for sure if someone was stream sniping (unless they admit it) so it should never be punished. Imagine how shitty it'd feel to get banned just for killing someone.

A lot of streamers are so thin skinned. I think I understand Cohh's popularity -- he's the only one who seems immune to being triggered by everything.

I used my Twitch Prime sub on Summit this month. Sorta regret it after hearing his response in those clips. Been watching anthony_kongphan more after seeing some of his solo YouTube videos.

They need to be way more hands-off until they get a proper penalty system in place. Only for teamkiller as well. They shouldn't even bother with doing anything about streamsnipers aside from adding streamer specific UI options (removing server name, killfeed, etc.) because it'll be a shit show to try to proof people are doing this. They're creating their own stupid drama for no reason.

This

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'd love it if the stream sniping discussion took place in the dedicated thread, to be honest.
I love this game but man am I tired about the drama it spawns.

Tovarisc

Oh he gets triggered, a lot. By games. He just doesn't give a fuck about deaths in BG tho so BG very rarely if ever triggers him.

Doctor disrespect (streamers in general) was saying how awful and boring the game was last night because of getting killed by someone laying prone in the grass.

Idk, isn't that the nature of games like this? Someone shouldn't feel bad for hitting belly to dirt, especially when the circle gets small. They act like the game is about kills, not survival.

Personally, 1st person might alleviate a lot of those grievances anyways.

Severance

Doctor disrespect (streamers in general) was saying how awful and boring the game was last night because of getting killed by someone laying prone in the grass.

Idk, isn't that the nature of games like this? Someone shouldn't feel bad for hitting belly to dirt, especially when the circle gets small. They act like the game is about kills, not survival.

I was watching when that happened, hah. That guy was obviously just laying in the grass forever while the Doc was on an adrenaline fueled kill streak all around him. It's part of the Doc's persona to react that way. It is the nature of the game, but it doesn't make it any less annoying or frustrating when it happens to you. Even I found myself thinking "How does anyone find it fun or engaging to play the game that way?", but I accept it. Sometimes that play style is necessary. Generally it doesn't lend itself well to streamers whether they're doing it or it's happening to them. It's all about putting on a good show for the viewers.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Personally, 1st person might alleviate a lot of those grievances anyways.

Doc always complains when he dies. Its part of his shtick to hate on less aggressive players.

He will always and forever claim that he has never lost a 1-on-1 proper gun fight ever in pubg. Not a single one. Whatever proper means lol. Love that channel.

Top Bottom