• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Jibbed

You're playing this game wrong, son.

This game is
- 30% looting
- 60% stalking and hunting unaware prey (the compulsive looters like you)
- 10% trying to survive the <10 player left circle while your heart is pounding

It's freaking great.

The best thing about this game is this is different for everyone. IMO you're playing it wrong, son.

- 10% beating people to death in high-pop zones
- 20% taking their loot, being the last alive in a town
- 50% heading to the circle, stalking, murdering
- 19% spamming boosts, murdering folks in the smaller circles
- 1% outsmarting that last son'bitch when it's just you and them

Unless I'm completely alone in a town/complex, I don't really bother looting for more than a few minutes.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The best thing about this game is this is different for everyone. IMO you're playing it wrong, son.

- 10% beating people to death in high-pop zones
- 20% taking their loot, being the last alive in a town
- 50% heading to the circle, stalking, murdering
- 19% spamming boosts, murdering folks in the smaller circles
- 1% outsmarting that last son'bitch when it's just you and them

Unless I'm completely alone in a town/complex, I don't really bother looting for more than a few minutes.

Yeah, I have a 11" penis too. High five.

McDougles

I've never seen a subreddit go to hell in the way the PUBG subreddit has gone to hell.

What an absolute cesspool, holy shit.

We're certainly at the Reddit fandom downturn part of the bell curve.

It's also certainly indicative of a large contingent of young adults clashing with those in their 20s, judging by countering comment chains in the shitposting threads.

There's a logical, sane, clear-minded audience that's like "calm your shit," but it's being overrun by Angry Teens.

cripterion

sounds like they are adding more servers or power to existing servers or something

I don't know why but this made me laugh as I'm trying to join a game and the matchmaking is borked right now (it cancels the match right away)
Also servers are laggier than ever after update :/

WTF since the update the controller setup is all messed up!

Can't sprint, button mapping is changed...
Can anybody here confirm? Are they planning to fix it?

iosa

God the loot... Spend the whole game without a scope, died because I couldn't see my killer even though I looked right in his direction. Still ended 4th though but it's so frustrating.

thejpfin

God the loot... Spend the whole game without a scope, died because I couldn't see my killer even though I looked right in his direction. Still ended 4th though but it's so frustrating.
Still better than me. I landed to crater area, I checked all those 5 halls and I didn't even find a pistol. Then enemy comes from apartment building with m16 and kills me.

How is that fair? You can't do shit when looting system gives you the middle finger.
I wouldn't be surprised if today's patch made loot spawn system worse, again.

chugen

XMUjMUj.gif

free loot & bike :p

rugioh

Banned
Still better than me. I landed to crater area, I checked all those 5 halls and I didn't even find a pistol. Then enemy comes from apartment building with m16 and kills me.

How is that fair? You can't do shit when looting system gives you the middle finger.
I wouldn't be surprised if today's patch made loot spawn system worse, again.

That's the game's way of telling you that crater is garbage and there is never a good reason to attempt to drop there. I will never understand why people are so captivated with crater and bunkers, the loot there is awful

Kalentan

Man they really need to revamp Shotguns. Feels like RNG if they kill or not at close range.

Hell, it feels like they don't even do damage half the time!

Bread

Banned
A lot of the people that seem to hate this game or complain about the loot are also the ones who drop into the middle of nowhere to avoid confrontation. Try getting into an early fight. If you win, cool. If you lose, cool. The game is a lot less stressful this way.

cripterion

How do you report people in this game? Do you need a Twitter account?

Just played with randoms and after looting Pochinki to ourselves they just shot me in the back and proceded to loot me (I had a kar98 with an x8). Even if they get just a 3 day ban just wanna ruin these guys fun for a while, fuckers ;)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Venfayth

what do you mean, the Doc is great

The very best: https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralNiceDelicataFunRun

If he acted like that all the time I'd be a fan again, but half the time I watch him he is complaining about the game/lag/campers/third person, etc.

It's not just him. Grimmmz does it too, occasionally. Like I am a huge fan of his gameplay - amazing shot, great game sense and tactical mind, but I am just shaking my head most of the time when he starts talking about his balance ideas.

It's just my least favorite thing in the world to watch a streamer whine.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't think they do these things at all, or take it in a different way - it's just my opinion.

Ran into Pochinki looking for action and killed a dude with a Vector who was camping the back room of the garage.

Drove up into a compound and tried to breach a building, guy actually tried the crouch jump out the window but then immediately scrambled back inside once he realized I heard him and was flanking around... then he messes up and decides to start shooting at a new car pulling up, trapping him at the end of the hallway.

Then I run out of the compound and kill two guys who were waiting for me, the first one I only managed because he potatoed.

The circle is all clear and I'm driving a buggy through the hilly woods north of Mylta, there's multiple suppressed ARs in those towers tagging me.

I see a fresh crate but there's a buggy right next to it and I can't tell if it's a spawn or not, and the circle is closing in.

I see a guy and decide to run him down, he gets me but my buggy takes its revenge on him as he futilely attempts to hop out of the way, which is always the best treat short of your grenade killing your killer postmortem. Worth it.

bgbball31

I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but when I attach a scope and right click, I don't get ADS, I'm still just in third person view. Help?

But, I got my first two kill game! Would have been three, but I'm dumb and didn't pull the trigger thinking I'd have a better shot in a second. He killed me a few seconds later. Whoops.

I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but when I attach a scope and right click, I don't get ADS, I'm still just in third person view. Help?

But, I got my first two kill game! Would have been three, but I'm dumb and didn't pull the trigger thinking I'd have a better shot in a second. He killed me a few seconds later. Whoops.

Tap to ADS, hold to third person.

Munter

Does it work without a scope? Are you clicking and holding? If so, just single click to ADS.

thejpfin

M16 with 8x scope is really nice.
2 enemies left, one enemy was using SKS and other one was rocking awm.
I destroyed them both with M16+8x, feels good man.

Dommel

So I've been playing Duo with a friend which is a lot of fun. Another friend coming back from holiday this weekend will also buy the game based on our ranting and raving about it.

But that will mean we'll be three people on the squad server. So are we going to be stuck with a random dude every match who we can't really communicate with?

So I've been playing Duo with a friend which is a lot of fun. Another friend coming back from holiday this weekend will also buy the game based on our ranting and raving about it.

But that will mean we'll be three people on the squad server. So are we going to be stuck with a random dude every match who we can't really communicate with?

You can turn off auto-matchmaking

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
3 kill game with an M249, ended because the last battle I was in, I stood up and someone was driving straight at me, didn't land any shots. He hit a tree and jumped out but I was out of ammo. I couldn't get any shots off with my secondary gun.

Poppy

i mean he missed, there's nothing overly weird going on there

having your reticle over somebody does not mean that's where the bullet is going to end up

Top Bottom