• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I just want to reiterate that if there's ever another Parappa game we need to tweet/message Layden or Yoshida or whoever en masse and say that we do not expect Foxx to be involved because of this shit.

Muku

Whether dude is BSing or not, this is serious stuff to be claiming. Doesn't mean he should get away with that. $100 is srsbznz for Dredd and his FANmily I guess. Dude must be on some serious shit. Stay safe Camjo.

BTW, love the part about the legal team again. If he had a legal team, they sure as hell would not have authorized that email.

myca77

Do you guys honestly believe this dude has any intention of carrying this out?

Serious question.

He's probably talking bullshit to scare the OP into removing his blog. Whether he is or not I'm pretty sure that threatening to have someone killed or seriously harmed is a criminal offence, so the OP should take it to the police.

call-the-police-o.gif

Edit:

Taken from some layers website.

A court can impose several possible penalties on someone who was convicted of making criminal threats. Depending on the state, a criminal threat can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony offense. While felony offenses are more serious than misdemeanors, either of them can result in incarceration, fines, or other penalties.

Prison or jail. Anyone convicted of making a criminal threat faces a substantial time in jail or prison. A misdemeanor conviction can result in up to a year in county jail, while felony convictions can impose sentences of five years or more. In some instances, a terrorist threat can result in a sentence that lasts decades.

Fines. The fine for making criminal threats also varies depending on the state and the circumstances of the case. A misdemeanor conviction might bring a fine of up to $1,000, though more is possible in some situations. Felony convictions can have fines that exceed $10,000.

Probation. A court may sentence someone convicted of making criminal threats to probation. Probation typically lasts at least 12 months, during which time you must comply with specific probation conditions. Common conditions include maintaining employment, asking the court or your probation officer's permission before you move or leave the state, and not committing any more crimes.

Acrylic7

Holy shit bro call the damn police. Try not to laugh when you tell them a a rapping dog swindled you and is emailing you threats.

This is funny stuff but not funny at the same time. COPS/

I'm also surprised OP hasn't been tagged yet.

Doesn't matter whether he does or not, it shouldn't be taken lightly.

He's probably talking bullshit to scare the OP into removing his blog. Whether he is or not I'm pretty sure that threatening to have someone killed or seriously harmed is a criminal offence, so the OP should take it to the police.

call-the-police-o.gif

Edit:

Taken from some layers website.

I get you, i'd just personally be a bit unfazed by it all, (and find it pretty hilarious if im honest).

But I understand different people see online death threats differently. Fact is it is a criminal matter no matter what I think.

Muku

It's not whether someone is bothered by it or not, or believes it, but rather fact it is criminal to do so. After some of the stuff he has spewed, I'd probably have laughed. Then contacted the police. His bullying has gone on far too long and escalated to a ridiculous level. Over $100.

Lethe82

Banned
So I was checking my inbox a few minutes ago, waiting for a confirmation e-mail. Didn't see it so I checked my junk box, and what do I find but this.

Now, this could just be someone pranking me, but it does seem to be his e-mail going off a quick Google search, and the whole message was accidentally written in the subject line which cut the last part off - he actually re-sent a second version that included the full thing. That kind of buffoonery makes me suspect it could actually be Dred writing it.

Either way... pretty messed up.

Call the police. Now. Give them everything.

Whether dude is BSing or not, this is serious stuff to be claiming. Doesn't mean he should get away with that. $100 is srsbznz for Dredd and his FANmily I guess. Dude must be on some serious shit. Stay safe Camjo.

BTW, love the part about the legal team again. If he had a legal team, they sure as hell would not have authorized that email.

haha yeah, "MY LEGAL TEAM IS ON IT NOW I WILL MAKE CRIMINAL THREATS AGAINST YOU WHILE CONFESSING INTENT TO MURDER AND CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER ALONG WITH RELEVANT DETAILS"

myca77

I get you, i'd just personally be a bit unfazed by it all, (and find it pretty hilarious if im honest).

But I understand different people see online death threats differently. Fact is it is a criminal matter no matter what I think.

If it was just some anonymous random idiot online it would be easy enough to ignore, but the fact that this person is known and has shown himself to be of low character (that's putting it nicely), and has arguably harassed the OP quite a bit makes me inclined to think that the OP should have the law throw the book at him if possible. The guy deserves it.

The fact is Dred could face conviction if the police take it seriously, and if the evidence is compelling enough.

Soccer Mom goes to jail for death threats

And from what I can gather the person making the threat can still face criminal proceedings even if they don't mean it or don't have the means to act out the threat.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Serious question.

Personally, I'm not and I found his threats laughable but why does it matter?
These kind of actions must have consequence, that's why he should get police involved.
And because you want this stupid shit to stop, guy's an idiot so you never know how far his brainfarts can make him go and have you get in trouble in whatever way (using your name and phone number for sleazy shit, for example).

Serious question.

Of course not; the fucking idiot can't commit to anything.

But that doesn't mean he should be allowed to threaten (*it's not a threat!) someone online just because there's no serious intent there. This prick could do with the shame of being arrested and taken to a cell for an overnight stay.

Camjo-Z

Speaking of PaRappa, did you guys see Masaya Matsuura at the PlayStation Awards this morning laying down some funky fresh beats?

call-the-police-o.gif

"Alright so I made a mistake! ONE MISTAKE! CAN'T A MAN START OVER?"

It's so incredibly petty and such a waste of the courts or a lawyer's time to chase someone for 100 dollars.

I can't imagine the lawyer that would put up with Dred's shit like this.

Even if that threat sounds fake, don't leave anything up to chance. A threat with a smile is still a threat.

Serious question.

I am doubtful that they will, but the risk is certainly not to be ignored. If someone makes a threat on your life, it's not exactly unreasonable or dangerous to take it seriously (which the OP is thankfully doing).

Serious question.
If it was a random dude on the internet, I would probably choose to ignore it myself. Given that the guy is a known name and clearly unstable, I wouldn't take the death part of the threat seriously, but he is clearly a threat to people around him.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Man, this is getting crazy. Reminds me when Biggie told Tupac ⬜X⬜ △O△ before he got shot.

Dunlop

I've seen this thread appear so many times and I don't know why I had not clicked on it before.

Batshit insane that this is happening over $100

That guy looks like has some serious mental issues going on. Anecdotally, people who use multiple periods multiple times in a paragraph think about what they are writing in a very fragmented, improvised way. He probably wrote half of his messages while sleep-deprived or inebriated. Don't know how real these threats are, and realistically there's a very low chance they come through with it, but I still agree that cops should be involved.

Croyles

Guy is obviously all talk, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously.
People who go through so much trouble to appear hard (even though they aren't) can do crazy things out of desperation.
He's obviously someone who has some serious problems with his self image/ego.

Someone in my family is a Psychotherapist. He/She has gotten many death threats before. 99% percent of those are all bullshit, but you have to take all of them seriously because there is still that 1%.

But just because it's serious doesn't mean I can't laugh my arse off in the mean time. This stuff is comedy gold.

Guy is obviously all talk, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously.
People who go through so much trouble to appear hard (even though they aren't) can do crazy things out of desperation.
He's obviously someone who has some serious problems with his self image/ego.

Someone in my family is a Psychotherapist. He/She has gotten many death threats before. 99% percent of those are all bullshit, but you have to take all of them seriously because there is still that 1%.

But just because it's serious doesn't mean I can't laugh my arse off in the mean time. This stuff is comedy gold.
Yup. Spot on.

Camjo-Z

Final update.

Police thing was a bust, apparently too much red tape regarding jurisdiction for them to bother with. In addition, it seems Dred came on the fan page not long ago and claimed he was "hacked", didn't write the threat, and that he's moved on. Whether you want to believe that is up to you. As for me, I'm ignoring any future communication from Dred, and I'm not going to post any other messages or comment on the situation further. It was funny when it was just a feud, but if he's going to escalate it like this then I'm out.

Not the ending most of you probably wanted to see, but hey, hopefully you enjoyed the ride anyway.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Final update.

Police thing was a bust, apparently too much red tape regarding jurisdiction for them to bother with. In addition, it seems Dred came on the fan page not long ago and claimed he was "hacked", didn't write the threat, and that he's moved on. Whether you want to believe that is up to you. As for me, I'm ignoring any future communication from Dred, and I'm not going to post any other messages or comment on the situation further. It was funny when it was just a feud, but if he's going to escalate it like this then I'm out.

Not the ending most of you probably wanted to see, but hey, hopefully you enjoyed the ride anyway.

I sure did Camjo, I sure did.

EDIT: I guess it's time for me to slap a pringles can.

Chopper

Final update.

It was very interesting indeed. I will be sure to never support any projects this guy might be involved with in the future.

Still, you should totally get tagged for this.

Final update.

The ride was great, and when you decide to end it is up to you, but I wouldn't accept that. The circumstances leading up to this are irrelevant, that was a legitimately threatening message and any authority that wouldn't take that seriously has some priorities screwed up. Threats like that, online or off, are not to be tolerated. It's unreal that someone a few pages back was able to prove it was him with a simple Google search and our police forces can't take the time to do something about it.

EDIT: I suppose the part that irritates me the most is seeing people behave like this and not receive any consequences. It doesn't teach them anything except what they did was acceptable and they can continue to act like that.

L Thammy

Final update.

Man, that sucks. I do agree that this was way too far, especially when he mentioned your parents. It would suck if this is the way he treats his other fans, too.

I think this tag would be the most appropriate:

Oh yes, Dred had a lot a lot of fun..He made a lot of bucks and now he's on the run

Muku

Red tape? I guess now they'd rather potentially have someones blood on their hands than do their job. Though, I'd probably have contacted the FBI since it was across state lines kinda threatening, yeah? Either way, at this point in time, I'm not surprised by the police statement. I've kind of lost faith in police as a whole, but that's another subject entirely.

Either way Camjo, stay safe.

Ah yes, the "hacked" excuse. Always great to use when you done goofed and need to CYOA.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Final update.

Thank you for the greatest thread of 2014! I don't blame you for not wanting anything to do with this anymore, it's been a crazy ass ride.

Gruso

Funny how the police find the motivation to arrest twitter trolls, but not to go after a direct email threat. I guess it's driven by the level of Public Outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom