• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Isn't Matoya a character you basically meet for like 2 minutes in a cave and they tell you where to go?

The music sure gets repetitive for FF1 battles. It would have been nice for them to consider some of the arrangements they added for bosses in the PS1/GBA versions.

You go to her to help heal someone, but her magic thingy was stolen by a bad guy so you go kill the boss then she heals that character iirc.

WarAdept

Torment VII CM (D200)

I always seem to have just enough juice to scrape by doing these Torment CM's...

SB's used:

Cloud - Fenrir Overdrive (I just got this from the Lucky, my first sword for VII!)
Yuffie - n/a
Red XIII - Howling Moon (+1 party ether) / Protector's Roar (Atk/Def/Mind up, also got this from Lucky)
Cait Sith - Moogle Dance (Multibreak + party High Regen)
Aerith - Pulse of Life (Cura Medica + Reraise)

RW: Shout

The first couple of days was getting a feel for how far I could push the fight by going in blind. And I'd always come up 15% HP short (by then the Meteor spam started to happen and I'd run out of abilities/Shout). Funny how a few tiny tweaks make all the difference. Used Armour Breakdown instead of Full Break on Red (as Cait would provide a stronger Full Break) and took a gamble of Yuffie using Bartz's Cloak for more damage from Dash and Slash. Meteor's would smash her down to ~10% HP from full, so I basically prayed to RNG that it would spam Gravity attacks.

YByDsra.jpg

Torment VII CM (D200)

I always seem to have just enough juice to scrape by doing these Torment CM's...

SB's used:

Cloud - Fenrir Overdrive (I just got this from the Lucky, my first sword for VII!)
Yuffie - n/a
Red XIII - Howling Moon (+1 party ether) / Protector's Roar (Atk/Def/Mind up, also got this from Lucky)
Cait Sith - Moogle Dance (Multibreak + party High Regen)
Aerith - Pulse of Life (Cura Medica + Reraise)

RW: Shout

The first couple of days was getting a feel for how far I could push the fight by going in blind. And I'd always come up 15% HP short (by then the Meteor spam started to happen and I'd run out of abilities/Shout). Funny how a few tiny tweaks make all the difference. Used Armour Breakdown instead of Full Break on Red (as Cait would provide a stronger Full Break) and took a gamble of Yuffie using Bartz's Cloak for more damage from Dash and Slash. Meteor's would smash her down to ~10% HP from full, so I basically prayed to RNG that it would spam Gravity attacks.

YByDsra.jpg

Stamp: Incredible. Congrats.

friz898

Guys!-Guys!-GUYS!

100 Gem pull got me my very first Overstrike. Now I see why it is called a disco ball. I thought that was just a variation of call it a rainbow.

First Overstrike, True WoL's sword. Tried to tell my Wife (she watches all pulls) how big a deal it was and couldn't convey the hype enough. Best I could do was show her the scrolling banner and tell her there was only 1 of those possible and it was the best possible pull.

She's just looking at me like "ya cool, another rainbow thingy instead of that 3star trash"

Guys!-Guys!-GUYS!

100 Gem pull got me my very first Overstrike. Now I see why it is called a disco ball. I thought that was just a variation of call it a rainbow.

First Overstrike, True WoL's sword. Tried to tell my Wife (she watches all pulls) how big a deal it was and couldn't convey the hype enough. Best I could do was show her the scrolling banner and tell her there was only 1 of those possible and it was the best possible pull.

She's just looking at me like "ya cool, another rainbow thingy instead of that 3star trash"

Stamp: I'll Attack

Pejo

Man, even my lucky pulls are shit lately.

I did the VII banner lucky draw and got 3 rainbows, 3 duplicate Red XIII pins. I mean out of that entire pool of relics, I get 3 of the exact same fucking thing.

Fuck these gacha games.

Mknzy

Pretty decent pull for me off of the lucky banner, drew Sephiroth and Zach's BSB. Would have loved to draw something for Cloud though, I still haven't gotten anything but his original Buster Sword soul break lol.

Let me just say how I appreciate that FFRK lets you skip days.

100 gem pull: Sarah BSB! First non-3* trash in a long time, and apparently this is a good one?

Lucky Draw got me: Vincent's en-Fire SSB, Cait Sith's Multibreak-gen, and Zack's BSB.

Beat both Rubicantes, and I'm working my way through the FF1 event. Loving the music above all else. Feels weird having Wol and Echo in the party, but whatever. They're cool, even if I quit Mobius.

Balphon

This torment CM was fairly easy mostly thanks to my lucky draws but Geosgaeno CM is still impossible for me for the time being.

Kenai

I didn't notice they added a new set of available MC3s. I had BSBs for a whopping 5 of them that were all stuck at 80 til now (Alph, Vivi, Locke, Sephiroth and Faris).

I am debating Vivi and Seph since I don't use them that often yet and there's some great banners getting close, but if I don't pull anything too delightful afterwards i can just get them too.

Also quite happy with all the spare Mythril we've been getting. i might actually be able to afford 4 pulls between now and the 12 banner when i thought I'd be lucky to get 3.

I beat the FF7 250 Torment, wasn't that bad thanks to Celes. My team consisted of Ramza, Celes, Orlandeu, Alphinaud, and Yshtola. Ramza and Cid ate it towards the end and had Celes Snowspell Strike the boss to deliver the finishing blow. My first 250 done, really dreading attempting ff10 250 again, not sure what I think about FF5 250 yet.

WTB Major Holy Orbs btw, I am so low on them. o: I want that Saint's Cross haha.

Kain

I beat the FF7 250 Torment, wasn't that bad thanks to Celes. My team consisted of Ramza, Celes, Orlandeu, Alphinaud, and Yshtola. Ramza and Cid ate it towards the end and had Celes Snowspell Strike the boss to deliver the finishing blow. My first 250 done, really dreading attempting ff10 250 again, not sure what I think about FF5 250 yet.

WTB Major Holy Orbs btw, I am so low on them. o: I want that Saint's Cross haha.

I tried too with Indonesian blade and succedeed. Man these 250 fights are long and tedious, not sure if I want to try the rest :S

I think I attempted nemesis once on my Jp account, I have zero last stands over there I believe. Here is what I'm currently thinking, having little experience with the boss personally.

Snow bsb-last stand
Edge ssb-last stand/physical blink
Alphinaud ssb radiant shield
Arc ssb insta cure physical blink
Eiko bsb

Rw wall?

Hmm

Ahnez

Lets see.. 5 Anniversary banners, 3 Lucky Draws and Ultros Banner

This would be 325 mythril to pull once on every banner

Hm.. Is it possible to get 160 more before it starts?

I think everyones expecting the half price banner. I have 7 of the relics but 5 are from viii and not that useful-a whip, 2 guns, rinoa's osb, selphie's ssb and then ashe's bsb and bash's ssb. in serious need of physical synergy for both, hopefully will do well enough to avoid pulling on the upcoming viii and xii banners.

Balphon

What rank do you guys have Tornado Strike at? I'm not sure whether to use orbs to take it to R3.

I have it at rank 2. It's pretty good, but whether you want to hone past that depends on how often you use a 5* spellblade. There is actually a pretty good handful of characters that can get to 5* spellblade with motes if you're willing to spend them (Luneth, Cloud, Balthier, Lightning).

friz898

I just hit 100,000 greens for the first time.

Now that I actually have the option, do I want to use it all on a stamina shard to take me up to 178, or would it be better spent elsewhere do you guys think? Took ages to get this much, so wanted to double-check before I spent it on the shard.

Spend it on shards if you want, we have 1 month of 2x greens so don't worry.

I try to buy shards during orbfests or other relevant events so I don't waste the "free" stamina refresh. There's no reason to buy it right now.

friz898

What is the order of hardest battles in the game?

The pool consists of:

Torment 200 and 250
Mote Dungeons
Nightmare Final Fights
Raids, solo only
Event 140/160/180 fights

I've only attempted (and completed) Ultima Nightmare.
Never a torment.
Tried the first mote dungeon months ago and was squashed.
Haven't tried any solo raids.
I always do event 160 fights for MC3, but never 180 fights.

Trying to figure out what I want to focus on with all these 99's I now have, and power creep in the game.

I just hit 100,000 greens for the first time.

Now that I actually have the option, do I want to use it all on a stamina shard to take me up to 178, or would it be better spent elsewhere do you guys think? Took ages to get this much, so wanted to double-check before I spent it on the shard.
Assuming your play sessions always start with max stamina once per day and you can spend all the stamina you have in a session then your investment becomes the equivalent of a refresh after 6 months.

The good news is global only needs one 100k green shard to reach max (since DUs end with 4/5 shards here in global if without the shards from the greens shop so 1 or 6 of the 10 available are the only options that make sense to buy long term).

178 is nice right now as it means 6 minutes after a play session starts you can be done with two daily dungeons. Of course there are new dailies coming soon not to mention a dungeon update which will get here anyway.

I'm a chronic under spender of greens and I bought myself the 6 stamina shards.

Wazzy

Banned
The Lich fight was super easy with my Beatrix and Y'sh. I pretty much solo' both raids with these two.

Also I'm so hyped for Raijin and Fujin event! Give me dat VIII banner.

Edit: free mythril from Aeris aw yissssss

So...

If I desperately need FF8 gear I should really pull on the lucky AND one of the fujin banners. Which is the better banner? I have literally nothing good from FF8, and can run a physical Or magic based team

Caim

So...

If I desperately need FF8 gear I should really pull on the lucky AND one of the fujin banners. Which is the better banner? I have literally nothing good from FF8, and can run a physical Or magic based team

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...slashing_wind_flying_lightning_jp_relic_draw/

Fujin's BSB seems to be pretty good (comes with a MAG & RES -40% debuff!) and Edea's BSB is basically Papylmo's but Ice/Dark with En-Ice.

They are on separate banners though.

I never pass up on LD unless I'm saving up for something, but I'd do a pull on both if you could.

Balphon

So...

The first one has the best overall relic but the second one is probably better overall.

Man, even my lucky pulls are shit lately.

I did the VII banner lucky draw and got 3 rainbows, 3 duplicate Red XIII pins. I mean out of that entire pool of relics, I get 3 of the exact same fucking thing.

Fuck these gacha games.

I got 3 1st Fusion Blades or whatever Clouds BSB sword is called.

I already had one.

At least it's 7 stars now?

Finally beat FFX d250 torment and I got .... expert. :\ He killed three characters towards the end so I could not get champion. Looks like I have to do it again. Holy shit I hate this guy!

*Edit* - Fuck yeah, got mastery of that fight and now I can happily forget that asshole ever existed!

Isn't there a 300 difficulty version of this guy in JP? Fuck

Wazzy

Banned
Just beat 200 Garland. We had three Y'sh all with SSII and Asylum and then two Cid's with OSB plus my Beatrix to add Holy weakness. It was a pretty easy and fun fight with that group.

I underestimated how annoying Astos debuff spamming is! Knocked down easy enough but was a hell of a slog with a full physical team blinded for most of the fight.

friz898

My report:

100gem pull was 4star dupe.

Used physical team for Astos.

True WoL (99)
Sarah (80)
Fake WoL (80)
Master (80)
Garland (80)

Was easy until the blind and silence. The debuffs were painful and due to them and harder than the last few weeks d140 fights for me. Oh and my RW for this fight was Ramza. I'm not sure it was a good choice though. I should have brought Ultra Cure or Esuna, and I didn't.

For the four fiends, I used more magic.

True WoL (99)
Fake WoL (80)
Sarah (80)
Echo (99)
Matoya (80)

I had SG as my RW.

The fiends go down really quick, but Lich's magic really hurt. Even with full break, SG, and Shellga. They seem to have about 125k life each. I'm sure an exact answer is on the net. But the point is, an 99,999 Overstrike pretty much instantly defeats them.

The real win of the fight was my True WoL. At lvl 99, with Saint's Cross and Banishing Strike, Azure Blade as my RM, and twice used his Overstrike for 99,000 dmg. It hit 99,000 everytime. Saint's Cross was doing 18-20k a hit all 4 times I used it. Banishing Strike was almost always 9999.

Chain Thundaga and Lightning Jump took care of Krakken, and Chain Firaga and the Holy stuff took care of Lich. If I redid it, I probably wouldn't bring fake WoL (Lightning Jump and Dismissal) and would use someone else instead.

I really didn't have anything for the other two fiends. I barely finished Tiamat.

Im up to Chaos. Havent beat it yet. Was getting weird signal loss that wasnt happening anywhere else on my phone...just that fight. I think I should be able to do it from what I played.

Gonna wait for LD banner to see who to MC3. Have all the VIII characters(cept Seifer) at or near 80. Let the draw decide who joins Garnet, Kuja, Squall as broken.

Just beat Garland 200. Good team. Brought Squall and Kuja.

MrDaravon

Nada on both of my 100 gem pulls, with no FF1 synergy outside of Echo's staff this would be the one time I'd like to get lucky on those :(. I'm super tempted to pull on one of these banners because of it, but my FF1 RS is crap because FF1 doesn't come up very often so it's a chicken/egg scenario and I can't justify it this close to Anniversary and other stuff.

I was also having problems connecting with Raids last night so maybe they were just having server issues?

Well D200 Garland is down. Such an annoying fight as much like Barthandus it can go horribly wrong in the last stretch and slow, laggy multiplayer raids. Most attempts had no tauntaliate and the reraise medica attempt was valiant as hell even if reraise is bad when you come back with no mitigation and my Minfilia froze (I used an attack bar, filled and stayed full until their doom timer expired) so goodbye full break, last stand and other good stuff.

Weirdly enough the successful run had someone bringing Cloud with the almighty...blade beam (that's right not even finishing touch) and Rydia using her burst for 10k damage (she also had Ultros doing 600 a hit so thank goodness summons can't be countered)* but there was a leader with Gilgamesh burst and another member with Vaan who Ark Blasted their way to the end with 4 seconds to spare on the doom timer Gilgamesh had on.

Also my last stand saved the day...even if it couldn't save Cloud :)

*-For all I know that was a 3 week old account so Rydia burst and Organics might be the best relics they have.

The number of people who join Garland with Gaia's Cross equipped is a little disheartening.
For those unaware Garland absorbs fire, water, wind and earth.

The number of people who join Garland with Gaia's Cross equipped is a little disheartening.

They think that it's a free draw fire with a nice attack. Little do they know that Garland will just get healed up. That's primarily why I advise people to either bring Greg with Burst or be in a party with one. It isn't worth it to have a knight try and tank his attacks when Greg has an easier solution.

Done with the cams and raid.

Cm-
Garland life siphon draw fire bsb/ssb drain
WoL saints cross r3 banishing strike
Wol magic and power breakdowns
Echo chain firaga r3 chain lightning r2
Sarah curaja r5 Shellga r3

Rw onion knight bsb by wol 2x

Plan- rush rush rush and then smash Tiamat with garlands endarked bsb
2 relics- garlands bsb axe and dark+ sword
Garland with dark+ sword and dark+ exdeath cuirass hitting Tiamat with his second bsb delivered 60k damage.

Raids, I used a neutered Gilgamesh with draw fire retaliate and his osb, so no direct offense for 95% of the battles, but negated the 7x attack at the end, saving us, and the retaliate damage probably did 20% of the total damage, eiko with bsb.

Kenai

I got WoL's BSB. Never even looked at him as a character before but he can basically replace Pecil in #TeamHoly on anything that's not already weak to Holy (in which case he can replace Beatrix).

He has *4 WHM so he can cast Protect/Shell and of course *5 in Knight and Combat, plus both the intitial BSB and the followup commands hit single targets much harder, and have non-ele too for when mobs resist/absorb for more overall usefulness. Pecil will still shine on AoE and has better self sustain so having options is good. .

Helps that the animation is pretty funny too (he picks up and then slams down the SG shield on the target's head).

Top Bottom