• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg on NextBox: E3 is all about the games, "tons of exclusives"

Your the only one confused here. Their next game does not need the move. You can play it entirely off the DS4.

Not yet, they only said they were looking into the possibility of using DS4 as an alternative for sculpting. The game is obviously built around the Move first and foremost, but that's really beside the point. In all honesty, I couldn't care less whether Media Molecule's next game uses DS4, the Move or two rocks that you bang together, the whole point was that it's wrong to put studios into rigidly defined drawers such as "a Kinect studio", "a Vita studio", "an XBLA studio" and so on.

KAL2006

Banned
Not yet, they only said they were looking into the possibility of using DS4 as an alternative for sculpting. The game is obviously built around the Move first and foremost, but that's really beside the point. In all honesty, I couldn't care less whether Media Molecule's next game uses DS4, the Move or two rocks that you bang together, the whole point was that it's wrong to put studios into rigidly defined drawers such as "a Kinect studio", "a Vita studio", "an XBLA studio" and so on.

Again the creation aspect you can use a Move for sculpting (though DS4 still can be usrd for creating) they said the core gameplay of the game will be controlled with the DS4. That's like saying Halo 5 will be built around Kinect because the they give you the option of map creating with Kinect.

Zeppelin

They opened a shit ton of new studios though. I guess in addition to that they might secure some 3rd party exclusive in the caliber of Mass Effect.

Sure, and I look forward to see what those studios can bring to the table. I don't expect too much though.

And Mass Effect ended up on the PS3 in the end, didn't? I'll assume the same is going to happen to any third party "exclusive" announced (from both MS and Sony).

MM said they are working a new IP, not LBP iirc.

I guess they can say whatever they want but they still work for someone else.

http://www.1up.com/news/media-molecule-big-planet-sequel

We've seen this time and time again about a developer talking about working on new ip's only to come out with another sequel. Hideo Kojima said it many times as well. It seems the best way is just to become independent like Insomniac or Bungie, and the case of Cliff Bleszinski who just leaves. Media Molecule could very well be working on a brand new ip but the LBP ip is probably far from dead.

It will not require a Move.

It should if they can make more possibilities out of it instead of playing it safe and appeasing dualshock owners. This is likely why the Move didn't sell as well as it should have, they didn't enforce it enough or create enough games around it.

Top Bottom