• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Regarding Miranda, she's no longer with Cerberus, and the codex also states that they operate in multiple cells where they have no knowledge of each other, or how their particular work fits into the big picture.

Really?

Because it seems like the Illusive Man was sitting in the same chair, in the same base, in the same galaxy, looking at the same sun he always had been looking at in Mass Effect 2.

Jarmel

Banned
Hologram! Come on this isnt that hard to explain away.

So it's just a pure coincidence that you finally run into them at that exact sun? If you're using a hologram, why in god's name would you then go to that place? Especially when you're on the run.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So it's just a pure coincidence that you finally run into them at that exact sun? If you're using a hologram, why in god's name would you then go to that place? Especially when you're on the run.

The Illusive Man doesnt run.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wouldnt most stars(at least, the yellow/orange kind) looks the same when you're that damn close anyway? It's not that hard to believe it would be a different star with the same color.

Wasn't she literally in that room (with the view of the big-ass star) with the Illusive Man at the start of ME2? Wouldn't she at least have an idea of the system?

Seems thin/anorexic.
*gasp*What's this? A plot hole in ME3? Really? Would you believe it!

It's safe to assume there will be missing logic in the game (quite a bit to be honest). I mean, look at the ending.....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's shame they had to use such great music on such a shitty ending. The music alone...

nsBgr.png

Omega

Banned
The base moves but it mainly resides in the same system. When an operative leaves (Miranda, Kai Leng) they relocate just in case the operative becomes a traitor. After awhile it returns and we know this because it's mentioned multiple times throughout the books that Illusive Man has a view of the burning sun.

It's never mentioned how they get there, but one can assume that they don't actually know of the location and are brought there by shuttle and are kept in the dark. Illusive Man trusts very few people, including his top agents because of his paranoia.

They should have mentioned this but BioWare obviously doesn't give a shit about plotholes or their own universe.

Bowdz

Erik Kain back with another article and on "artistic integrity".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...-ending-wont-threaten-its-artistic-integrity/

Another great article by Forbes. The author really cuts to the core of why I am okay with Bioware changing the ending, but I think he sums up the article nicely at the end with this:

Erik Kain said:
Video games and the video game industry are still evolving. This entire controversy is most likely just part of the growing pains of that evolution. But hiding behind the skirts of ‘artistic integrity’ is just a terrible business decision. The customer is always right, even when he’s wrong.

Pundits may say otherwise, but we thrive on controversy and calamity. And don’t you forget it.

Bisnic

Is it always the same Forbes guy who writes articles about ME3 ending? If so, he sure seem very interested in the whole thing.

Is it always the same Forbes guy who writes articles about ME3 ending? If so, he sure seem very interested in the whole thing.

If you look at it from a wider perspective, there's a lot to say on the subject. It's not simply "some people being pissed off about an ending", but has become something much bigger. Gamer 'entitlement', media ethics and journalism, artistic integrity, business sense.

Rob N Banks said:
They should have mentioned this but BioWare obviously doesn't give a shit about plotholes or their own universe.

I was surprised it didn't get a line of dialogue. Why not have Shepard ask Miranda about it and get a response on how TIM is paranoid and moves the base around so she doesn't know. It shows attention to detail instead of telling your audience to guess or read the ME wiki.

Bowdz

Wow, some of the threads on BSN are crazy. This was posted concerning "hints" about IT:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10809480/1

Narkeh said:
Apologies if this has been posted before

This pic is by the vent where you try to save the kid

Trolled.jpg

Needless to say, I feel like I'm being trolled by Bioware and it does not feel good -.-. I only hope that their "Wait till April" announcement was not a PR attempt to prevent people from returning the game.

Huh-1.png

As you can see the pic is right next to the vent...is this a hint at
indoctrination? Too much of a coincidence to place a random electrical
warning pic right next to the spot where you find the kid that will
later become the god-child....

A later post:

tobito113 said:
Holy crap look at the DANGER sign

shuttle.png

now look how DANGER is said in sign language

http://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/DANGEROUS/6157/1

This is getting to 9/11 conspiracy theory levels with the "analysis".

inky

Bioware can't properly animate a person giving a rock to another person but now they can animate hidden sign language messages?

Right.

Bowdz

Bioware can't properly animate a person giving a rock to another person but now they can animate hidden sign language messages?

Right.

Lol, this takes 'grasping at straws' to a new level. Next Friday will be chaos when Bioware doesn't announce IT theory DLC.

Arjen

I'm not buying it anymore, but if it al turns out to be true, holy trolling batman.
Funny how the intro and the ending were done last to..
But then again, it will stil be a shit ending.

I'm not buying it anymore, but if it al turns out to be true, holy trolling batman.

I find it funny, BW games usually have fantastic endings and openings, and ME3's opening and ending were probably the worst parts of the game.

Vamphuntr

I find it funny, BW games usually have fantastic endings and openings, and ME3's opening and ending were probably the worst parts of the game.

Since when? Neverwinter nights had an awful opening sequence, really. You're in a generic fantasy land training center. And DAII had a bloody awful ending.

Let's just say it is Indoctrination.

It doesn't make it less of a shit ending. It'just makes it a less vague, shit ending.

Lothars

Let's just say it is Indoctrination.

It doesn't make it less of a shit ending. It'just makes it a less vague, shit ending.
I think it would make it a better ending but I don't know if it's true or not and I would be more than happy with some more followup to the ending we got.

Omega

Banned
I was surprised it didn't get a line of dialogue. Why not have Shepard ask Miranda about it and get a response on how TIM is paranoid and moves the base around so she doesn't know. It shows attention to detail instead of telling your audience to guess or read the ME wiki.

That's what makes me more disappointed in BioWare. I can look past them making shooters when they have this big universe and potential to do other stuff, but it's the major/minor details they overlook and just don't include into the game.

I actually liked Saren in Revelation. In the game, they were all "yeah Saren is a bad guy because he hates humans!" and left it at that. Same with Kai Leng. In Retribution he's actually a pretty decent character. Deadly with a gun but even more dangerous with a knife. In the game, they made him into a shitty version of Raiden from MGS.

Then the whole Miranda not knowing where the base was. They had three "settings" for the game, Action, Story and RPG yet everything felt like it was on Action. Stuff like this disappoints me more than that shit ending probably.

GAF, would this ending have sufficed for you?

After Shephard activates the Crucible controls, she sits down with Anderson in their last moments.

Anderson: "I'm proud of you, Shepard"

Cue credits.

Bisnic

After Shephard activates the Crucible controls, she sits down with Anderson in their last moments.

Cue credits.

Anything is better than ghostchild, random jungle planet and grandpa stories.

Beside with an ending such as yours, they would have just made an ending DLC with better stuff than the real thing.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Cue credits.

Better and sufficiently not retarded are too different things.

Top Bottom