• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC wireless chip filing makes me think Sony will announce new Vita hardware

orioto

Good Art™
Would be fucking hilarious and epic if while veryone is talking about the NX, Sony pops out a new vita out of nowhere (and out of the grave).

That said i think they would make a mistake if they don't. No alternative to a Nintendo portable in Japan will not be only less money. it could lead to some bandai namco games shifting for exemple. They liked the Vita/PS3-4 duo, demographic wise.

Oh sorry new page :p

wrowa

Where does the Trinity name comes from?
Can't see on op images.

It's just a made up name based on Morpheus and Neo. It probably wasn't a good idea to use such a name since it makes the rumor (is this even a rumor? Looks more like a simple case of jumping to conclusions) appear more substantial.

No one knows shit

But with Neo, Morpheus covering console and VR what else could it be related to on the games business side?

VITA phone incoming

ZeroX03

Banned
It's just a made up name based on Morpheus and Neo. It probably wasn't a good idea to use such a name since it makes the rumor (is this even a rumor? Looks more like a simple case of jumping to conclusions) appear more substantial.

OP jumped to a bunch of conclusions.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Burning money at this point.

twisted89

Can see exactly what this is for - Neo will upgrade remote play to at least 1080p, this is to allow the vita to keep up which the currently limited 2.4Ghz version would struggle with.

McDougles

Maybe I'm blind, but the only place I can see the word Trinity is in the comments section of that post and in the OP of this thread.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Yeah, I want more investigation / better explanation on the matter (I mean, the FCC patent in the OP), I fear the OP could've jumped the gun quite a lot.

Hesemonni

Banned
I wholeheartedly welcome new handless, but at the same time I really don't see them doing well at all in the current business environment.

Weird decision if true.

Would be fucking hilarious and epic if while veryone is talking about the NX, Sony pops out a new vita out of nowhere (and out of the grave).

That said i think they would make a mistake if they don't. No alternative to a Nintendo portable in Japan will not be only less money. it could lead to some bandai namco games shifting for exemple. They liked the Vita/PS3-4 duo, demographic wise.

Oh sorry new page :p

Japan seems to be dead these days so...
Also, I doubt it's happening. We would've heard about it by now. It's kinda far fetched to be thinking a new Vita is coming based on a Wifi chips that shared the same 4 first letters.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They can keep the Vita Trinity if it still uses their shitty, overpriced proprietary memory cards

Isn't this just the 5ghz wireless chip for the PS4 Neo? The hardware which developers have known about for almost half a year and will launch in around two months?

Guymelef

PS4 "NEO", Project "MORPHEUS" (PSVR), now the PlayStation "TRINITY" (Vita 2.0?).

But original article doesn't mention nothing about "Trinity".
It's like giving one Matrix codename to PS4 CUH -1200 when it's just a revision.

Op should be edited.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I'd love a new Vita

maouvin

LET'S GO BOYS

A mere revision with a better wifi chip (for remote play reasons) would be quite nice already, but of course I'm hyping and hoping for the absolute best.

I'm long jumping these conclusions like I want a gold medal.

Just give me a Vita 2000 with a couple of extra buttons, micro SD card support and 6-10 times the power of the base Vita.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hum... where's the Vita mention in there? Or Trinity? What the hell is this?

That's some serious conclusion jumping, right there, wtf.

OCD Guy

Can someone explain why this means Vita? I'm clearly missing something.

Not a single person has answered this yet.

Also what does the bolded mean: I don't know whether I'm being stupid but reading it out loud and the sentence doesn't make sense to me.

the FCC authority has certified a new wireless chip 5Ghz for hardware that as much initials PS Vita recalls

Shizuka

Even if it's a revision, I'll buy it. I have the OG Vita, Vita 2000 and PSTV. I can always make room for plenty of more.

Top Bottom