• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-933DD97F776AC3F5 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-473DF7DC29ED6BA0 - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.

t1401924403z1.png

I did a stupid thing earlier and renamed Dark Souls II to Dark Souls II Season Pass to not confuse people, but now I realised that all your entries would be invalid if you entered with Dark Souls II Season Pass - MB-.........., since it's not the original name of the giveaway . So please enter again

Wait, I'm confused. So is this a giveaway for DS2 or the season pass?

Vastag

Doing some cleaning of old keys. Every key should work, if thats not the case, sorry!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Vastag:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-61640DF8E08FD663 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-01AFBA2CED48A64B - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Eufloria -- MB-7A5F6C0DD3C8DF0E - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.
Eets -- MB-539C24FB43B17028 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-8E20B5E8387C0AA9 - Taken by PinkCrayon. 2 entrants total.
Runespell Overture -- MB-F945C215414AC6A8 - Taken by xeris
Death To spies -- MB-907E7EC7E6BA1A55 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda -- MB-81FA77AD997B11F1 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Breath of Death VII -- MB-523C069A31915C42 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Defense Grid -- MB-7B99F8592EE11138 - Taken by abracadaver. 2 entrants total.
Gish -- MB-2A477E5556D610B8 - Taken by aku:jiki
Critical Mass -- MB-B104D8A2FAF662B9 - Taken by Dambrosi. 1 entrants total.
King's Bounty Armored Princess -- MB-2A8CFAE6DA876CA5 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 2 entrants total.
Hoard -- MB-C2702DF1778FFF72
World Of Goo -- MB-0F3481BBF578521C - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Beat Hazard -- MB-8B014B82FDF4158E - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.

t1401915054z1.png

I did a stupid thing earlier and renamed Dark Souls II to Dark Souls II Season Pass to not confuse people, but now I realised that all your entries would be invalid if you entered with Dark Souls II Season Pass - MB-.........., since it's not the original name of the giveaway . So please enter again

Awesome giveaway sir

M+KB and fiddling with some of the display settings finally got me to a point where I could play Among the Sleep without getting nauseous...

Until I got to
the monster
sections. Wow. Just looking in the general direction produced some of the most annoying audio and visual effects I've ever experienced.

I could deal with the wobbly and slow camera. I'm a two year old. Whatever.

But the ear piercing screams and visual distortions when you even look in
the monster's
direction were ridiculous. They are agonizingly long, and god help you if you accidentally trigger it twice in a row. I can't imagine playing this game with the Occulus Rift.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Wait, I'm confused. So is this a giveaway for DS2 or the season pass?

Season Pass. I changed the name from Dark Souls II -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2 to Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2 so that people won't get confused but I am not sure now if the ones who entered with Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2 will have valid entries. According to Rickenslacker Modbot only reads the code, so if that's the case then there shouldn't be a problem

Oh and maybe I'm giving away Bad Rats and just trolling you all...tehehehe

Vuze

I can't imagine playing this game with the Occulus Rift.

Bud played it with the Rift for about 2h and he thought it was really great - graphics, sense of scale etc.
Headtracking didn't work for some reason in a later level, he stopped after that.

E: Whoops, first double post on GAF. So that happened.

Season Pass. I changed the name from Dark Souls II -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2 to Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2 so that people won't get confused but I am not sure now if the ones who entered with Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2 will have valid entries. According to Rickenslacker Modbot only reads the code, so if that's the case then there shouldn't be a problem

Oh and maybe I'm giving away Bad Rats and just trolling you all...tehehehe

Hopefully it doesn't DQ people if they enter twice because of that?
I think the name is required because modbot uses it to look up things? Otherwise you'd just need the code itself, right?

"copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want"

Why would it say to include the entire line if all that was needed was the MB-<KEY>?

Lomax

Hey guys I wondering if you could help me out here with a quick question. I'm running a bootcamped mac mini late 2012 and was wondering if it would be able to run mortal kombat or injustice. Seeing as how neither of these titles have steam demos, I have no way to test out whether or not they'll run well on my pc. However I can run games like the witcher 2 and sleeping dogs pretty well on it, as well as the obvious valve titles. My graphics card is an intel HD 4000 with an i7 processor. Any info would be appreciated! thanks guys!

Mortal Kombat runs far better on my system than either Sleeping Dogs or Witcher 2 did, I'd imagine you wouldn't have any issues with it. Don't have Injustice but I've heard it's a little more finicky. I only had any slowdown on MK9 on one particular stage and dropping the AA setting down from the very highest fixed that and it looks good without it.

Bud played it with the Rift for about 2h and he thought it was really great - graphics, sense of scale etc.
Headtracking didn't work for some reason in a later level, he stopped after that.

I meant specifically with the visual distortion in certain sections. I'd be clawing out my eyes.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hopefully it doesn't DQ people if they enter twice because of that?
I think the name is required because modbot uses it to look up things? Otherwise you'd just need the code itself, right?

"copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want"

Why would it say to include the entire line if all that was needed was the MB-<KEY>?

Correct, I only send MB-whatever to ModBot. Copying the whole line separates the pros from the kids, he secretly might even laugh at people who do. I would.

Then, there shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if people will get DQed if they enter for the same game twice, but I'll change the name in my initial post to avoid further confusion

mac-boy

Mortal Kombat runs far better on my system than either Sleeping Dogs or Witcher 2 did, I'd imagine you wouldn't have any issues with it. Don't have Injustice but I've heard it's a little more finicky. I only had any slowdown on MK9 on one particular stage and dropping the AA setting down from the very highest fixed that and it looks good without it.

Cool good to know thanks!

Then, there shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if people will get DQed if they enter for the same game twice, but I'll change the name in my initial post to avoid further confusion

Paging Dr. Stump.
Did I DQ myself because Sub Zero told me to enter again? :3

Bummer :/ Europe once again gets screwed over.

I don't know about EU, but I do know about UK and -- for the 80231th time -- it's not just a matter of comparing USD to GBP or whatever... that's arbitrary and doesn't factor everything in.
Especially if it's not region locked and EU can just buy from the US store (or even better, get it from an RU trader).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you so much, Vastag, for Death to Spies. It actually includes both games in the series, which was a very nice surprise. :)

Play the tutorial level in the original to understand the mechanics of the games. Then play through Moment of Truth. The first title has a bit more bugs in my experience.

Also the developers have released a demo for the third game if anyone is interested:

http://www.haggardgames.com/index.php/ourgames/deat

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No regrets

a6F4VLz.png

#YOLO
I also got a 50% coupon for Age of Mythology :)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I don't know how I feel about the announced Dark Souls II DLC, that pricetag is a bit hard to swallow. Not to mention that it's a frigging Season's Pass. But then again, more Souls content is alway's welcome. And besides, the last time FROM made some DLC it became the best piece of Souls content available. So yeah, cautiously optimistic.
EDIT: Talking about Dark Souls II...
*gulp*

Glass Rebel

It's been a long time since a game made me feel like Wolfenstein. I can't stop playing it but I know it'll be over once
I finish the Wyatt timeline.

:(

I don't know how I feel about the announced Dark Souls II DLC, that pricetag is a bit hard to swallow. Not to mention that it's a frigging Season's Pass. But then again, more Souls content is alway's welcome. And besides, the last time FROM made some DLC it became the best piece of Souls content available. So yeah, cautiously optimistic.

Depending on the length, if you figure 3 "sets" of content @ 10-15 a piece, a $25 bundle really isn't bad.

The Dark Souls content (which I've unfortunately never played) retailed for $15 on PSN/XBL.
But even if these areas were $10 a pop, you'd still save $5 on the purchase for buying them all upfront.

As you say, more souls content is more souls content.
I will definitely buy it if I do not luck out in Sub Zero's giveaway.

Lomax

If each of the three DLCs are between $10-$15, $25 for the Season pass is decent enough. And if those three DLCs combined are one solid expansion's worth of new content, I don't think anyone will be complaining. Of course if one is cosmetic armor, one is cheats, and one is an arena horde mode, the internet will explode.

Uzzy

It's not really a season pass, as we already know what we're getting and when. It's more like an expansion for Dark Souls II.

didamangi

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's not really a season pass, as we already know what we're getting and when. It's more like an expansion for Dark Souls II.
Yeah, I know. But just hearing "Season Pass" brings a foul taste. And 25 bucks for DLC sounds like a lot.
If they called it an expansion pack it would have been a different story. Totally my problem, I know. :p

Zafir

I don't know about EU, but I do know about UK and -- for the 80231th time -- it's not just a matter of comparing USD to GBP or whatever... that's arbitrary and doesn't factor everything in.
Especially if it's not region locked and EU can just buy from the US store (or even better, get it from an RU trader).
But for the 80232th time. The conversion rate makes no sense either and doesn't take into account what you think it does. It is also arbitrary to use your words. ;P

They're not doing themselves any favours either way. I don't know many people from europe who buy from the Steam store directly.

Miker

That Bioshock thread sure does have some crazy hyperbole. I'm pretty glad this thread is usually level-headed, and even when, say, Morningbus shits on Borderlands or Serious Sam, it's tongue-in-cheek.

It's also interesting what expectations and hype can really do to a game. In the Bioshock Infinite thread, there seems to be a lot about "what could have been" or "I thought I would get to explore" this or "less shooting" that, and I guess that was part of the pre-launch sentiment from Ken Levine and co?

Then there's me, and when I played Bioshock Infinite, I got a Bioshock game, just like the two that came before it. No more, no less. Shoot with one hand, zap with the other. Gorgeous art, shiny hallways, pointless loot, wacky twist, it's all there. I'm not sure what it is about Infinite that makes it so objectionable to people, but then again, I have low expectations
I enjoyed nu-Tomb Raider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom