• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

As an active 360 fan, I've just been completely unable to get excited for xbone.

Also, good news!

ksyCrbo.jpg

Miker

I've only played 1 prior, and while it just felt like an underwater SS2-lite, it still felt something all its own during its release. I just had the hopes that they would try to improve on that going forward, and I really liked what I saw of Columbia and what I saw of tearing into other dimensions really had my imagination soaring. All that really came out of that was your screen flashing in an irritating way so that you can make Elizabeth summon... turrets and health packs. Any sort of enthusiasm I tried to muster just kept deflating as I kept progressing.

:(

I played Bioshock 1 and when I realized there was no inventory, and I was walking around mashing the shit out of my E key to pick up a few dollars here and there, I kinda figured what kind of game it was. Then Bioshock 2 rolled around, and well, it was the same thing. So when Infinite came out, I didn't think anything would change, and it didn't, really. I'm also the guy who plays pretty drab single-player shooters like Quake 4 and gets mild enjoyment out of them as a way to kill time, so there's that.

It would suck if I had played System Shock 2 and bought into the hype though :(

Salsa

I bet it's gonna be hella demanding on the CPU on max settings

there's a shit ton of zombies on screen

maxresdefault.jpg

much, much more than in 2

my only "alright, this is impressive" moment of these new consoles launch was when I saw the xbox one could put up with the framerate

Caerith

When registering the giveaway, I wrote Dark Souls II - Season Pass - gift link, so I guess I did that wrong and ModBot just processed Dark Souls II as the name of the game. The original name is Dark Souls II and everyone should enter with that. I also fixed my initial post

Yeah, but ModBot is name-agnostic. I mean, some months ago I gave away Red Faction Guerilla, but I called it "Space Asshole." I sent it to ModBot as "Red Faction Guerilla" so ModBot would give me the right image/link, then changed it to "Space Asshole" before posting it, and the giveaway ran just fine. You can change it to anything you want, all ModBot cares about it the link, but if you just call it Dark Souls II people are going to think it's Dark Souls II (which it isn't, right?).

But for the 80232th time. The conversion rate makes no sense either and doesn't take into account what you think it does. It is also arbitrary to use your words. ;P

They're not doing themselves any favours either way. I don't know many people from europe who buy from the Steam store directly.

Based on my math, if everything was "fair", the price in GBP would be 19.71 for the USD price of 24.99.

A bit more than the standard conversion of 14.92 GBP.

Knurek

Hey, Capcom, now that you port curgen content to PCs, how about some lastgen one as well?
You know, that MT game you almost promised to bring at one point. Dogma of Dragons, or something like that?
Dark Souls II sale results should convince you there's market here...

More stuff.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lost Civilization -- MB-0F08807E1F31C090 - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-548146197639A1A6
Gunman Clive -- MB-775B9E61E2DE2B24 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-A6C109F252CC601B - Taken by wetflame. 3 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-CA3F39B3435CB9E4 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Probably Archery -- MB-B293471A42894995 - Taken by DexterPepper. 2 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 3: The Oracle -- MB-EA6F5C4442C1DA4D - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
N.P.P.D. RUSH -- MB-B5D57184D4BC9210 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-4872177AB68D3BC4
ulgzbKC.png
Battlepaths (Desura) -- MB-D75A0585285A060B - Taken by ArynCrinn. 1 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-4534E90979F1AC7E - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-22ACFC8EDA611B66 - Taken by Terra_Ex. 2 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-BB20F2E8DBF6E9D6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-9B756FDE30DCAE62 - Taken by tjohn86. 2 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-25C3A27FAA2A2233 - Taken by scorpscarx. 5 entrants total.

t1401919785z1.png

I bet it's gonna be hella demanding on the CPU on max settings

there's a shit ton of zombies on screen

maxresdefault.jpg

much, much more than in 2

my only "alright, this is impressive" moment of these new consoles launch was when I saw the xbox one could put up with the framerate

Last I heard, the xbone couldn't put up with the framerate and it was 30fps max -- maybe it's more stable after some of the patches, but I remember laughing that the exclusive that might actually make me interested in the console was having such bad performance hits.

63jtZyc.gif

There goes my reason to get a Xbox One.

I knew this was coming. They did it after Dead Rising and everything other than that DR2 XBLA stuff, everything major was developed for both consoles and PC.

And now maybe the hardware can keep up with the amount of stuff on screen and maintain a 30 (60) fps framerate.

Now the only thing left for me is KI, but being made by Double Helix, I'm not even sure it's worthwhile. :p

Grief.exe

I'm probably going to go on a binge during the summer so DMC 4 and the Dead Space Trilogy will probably be on my repeat list. Honestly at that res it was only using 1.4-1.6gb of VRAM so if you didn't mind having sub 60fps you could easily go higher. Dead Space is the same as I've got 12k and 4xSGSSAA on top as well and only used 2.3gb of VRAM.

Revisiting some games in a few generations of hardware from now is going to yield so stupidly crazy results, probably even on mid range stuff even.

I've been replaying past favorites recently as well. First Riddick and now San Andreas.

I'm hyped. DR2 was the shit.

DR3 didn't look so hot, but the PC gloss over the performance problems that plagued the XBO version.

I wonder if the IP is going fully multiplatform, or just being published on the PC.

nexen

Man when I first heard of Airtight Games I was excited because of their past games from FASA/Microsoft days, Crimson Skies and Mech 4 are still my favorite PC games and their Crimson Skies sequel on the XBOX was really great as well.

But Dark Void and Quantum Conundrum were mediocre at best and this looks like it will be as well :(

Zipper did the PC Crimson Skies.

Salsa

Last I heard, the xbone couldn't put up with the framerate and it was 30fps max -- maybe it's more stable after some of the patches, but I remember laughing that the exclusive that might actually make me interested in the console was having such bad performance hits.

idk, I think it was like that on preview copies but last I remember is watching the GB quicklook and the guys being surprised at how it held up

I mean, it's running at 30fps and all, but I still didnt expect it, knowing how they cut corners like that, specially at launch

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Avert your eyes if you aren't German and don't care for any Origin deals.

You have been warned.

srsly

Saturn.de offers Battlefield 4 for 15€ until tomorrow 09:00, let them send the order to a store and save the USK18 fee. Lowest price yet afaik.
It was about $18 on Latin American Origin not long ago :p

So I'm still umming and ahhing whether or not to splash out on a new monitor (I'm down to only 1 functional monitor in the house between 3 PCs and having to resort to using a TV, yuck!). To help me decide I thought I'd do so preliminary tests and pleasantly surprised is an understatement on most of what I had a play around with. Factoring in a bit of GeDoSaTo in the mix as well. I mean Devil May Cry 4 at 8k...

Not too shabby at all. Just a point of note 7680x4320 is 16 times as many pixels than 1920x1080. That game could probably run on a calculator and still look amazing.

Ah yeah I noticed he's having another GPU flip flop. Saying that as you can see above I've been having a bit of a faff about and apart from a few stupidly high requirement games I've not been choked with VRAM at 3gb much at all. Though the jump from a 670 to a 780Ti is flipping huge.
I'm still surprised on how well optimized for PC the MT Framework is, looks great and run excellent on basically any kind of garbage hardware.

holy shit. dead rising 3

5ceb6870a685e3ec406d76d2a0bd783fa768823c.jpg

I knew when those capcom guys slipped and called it a "holiday exclusive"
Oh shit, MEGATON
I just hope that they remove GFWL from DR2/OtR before that launches though.

So, uhh, what with Dead Rising 3 showing up, any possibility of the original Dead Rising making its way to Steam?
That'd be pretty sweet.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yeah, but ModBot is name-agnostic. I mean, some months ago I gave away Red Faction Guerilla, but I called it "Space Asshole." I sent it to ModBot as "Red Faction Guerilla" so ModBot would give me the right image/link, then changed it to "Space Asshole" before posting it, and the giveaway ran just fine. You can change it to anything you want, all ModBot cares about it the link, but if you just call it Dark Souls II people are going to think it's Dark Souls II (which it isn't, right?).

So what you're saying is that ModBot only reads the MB-code part and doesn't care for the name. If that's true, I will change back the name to Dark Souls II Season Pass and stop worrying. Hopefully, people that followed my earlier advice and entered two times won't get DQed and if that's the case then maybe Stump can have a look at it and lift the DQ from them

DogMeat77

Extra Humble keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PossumMeat:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galcon Legends -- MB-4FADA5C54801CA91 - Taken by Deques. 3 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-DCDD36127BFAFAAC - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1401930398z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So what you're saying is that ModBot only reads the MB-code part and doesn't care for the name. If that's true, I will change back the name to Dark Souls II Season Pass and stop worrying. Hopefully, people that followed my earlier advice and entered two times won't get DQed and if that's the case then maybe Stump can have a look at it and lift the DQ from them

It only cares about the MB- code, and the only thing that gets disqualified is people sending one PM with two codes--and it doesn't disqualify previous entries or anything, it just doesn't get counted at all. ModBot is designed for maximum flexibility where it's possible to have flexibility.

Speaking of Dead rising 3, skimming a few reviews I understand that it was taking advantage of Kinect's voice controls, and I don't know whether they may replicate that feature on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom