• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I've been replaying past favorites recently as well. First Riddick and now San Andreas.

One of the unspoken benefits of a stable platform not tied to fixed hardware. Games aren't no where near as transient and some times short comings are mitigated by newer hardware or improve upon their previous performance considerably.

Of course to now add some context to my hypocrisy (I was banging on in the last thread about people arguing over numbers and not the elements themselves). I think I've got to the point where as good as downsampling is for cleaning up an image and reducing aliasing every bump in resolution is having less and less if an impact due to only having 1920x1080 pixels to play with (anything over 4k pretty much is just aliasing reduction on my TV).

Now getting a higher native resolution monitor is a different kettle of fish and leads to some even more crazy possibilities. Though I use a 27" 2540x1600 monitor at work and some applications that don't respond to the accessibility control DPI settings are a nightmare to use.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It only cares about the MB- code, and the only thing that gets disqualified is people sending one PM with two codes--and it doesn't disqualify previous entries or anything, it just doesn't get counted at all. ModBot is designed for maximum flexibility where it's possible to have flexibility.

No damage done then. Thanks for clearing that up

It only cares about the MB- code, and the only thing that gets disqualified is people sending one PM with two codes--and it doesn't disqualify previous entries or anything, it just doesn't get counted at all. ModBot is designed for maximum flexibility where it's possible to have flexibility.

Hooray, I'm still in the running!
If I end up winning, I'm sure I'll end up giving something back to SteamGAF...

So even if you don't win, if I do, you might just win something else. :)

And YOU get an RPG Maker, and YOU get an RPG Maker!

oprah-bees.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RPG MAKER XV ACE WHATEVER -- MB-8EB0101A03BD2803 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

zkylon

zkylewd
I did a stupid thing earlier and renamed Dark Souls II to Dark Souls II Season Pass to not confuse people, but now I realised that all your entries would be invalid if you entered with Dark Souls II Season Pass - MB-.........., since it's not the original name of the giveaway . So please enter again

i did not understand anything about this but entered just in case

if i win and it ends up not being the season pass then i'll just giveaway it back :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
i did not understand anything about this but entered just in case

if i win and it ends up not being the season pass then i'll just giveaway it back :p

Yeah, just ignore the post that you quoted. If you entered you're good. It's the season pass, you can check my inventory

It should not be this hard to install RPG Maker, right? It didn't show up in my games or tools list on Steam, and on the store page it didn't say I owned it. I had to go to my games list in a browser and remote install it from there. :/

Edit: It was under software? figures it would be in the one place I never use.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It should not be this hard to install RPG Maker, right? It didn't show up in my games or tools list on Steam, and on the store page it didn't say I owned it. I had to go to my games list in a browser and remote install it from there. :/

On your Steam library you have to change from "All Games" to "All Software".

EDIT: Beaten

Dead Rising 3 is actually a pretty nice looking game outside of the IQ. Massive scale with thousands of zombies at once, nice textures, great dynamic lighting, reflective clothing, etc. Is a big step up for the series.

why are you guys excited by dead rising again?
Because it's another great game in one of the best new ips of last gen.

Arthea

It's a console game being released on PC. Tends to make the crowds go yiff. I liked DR2 on 360 enough.
and why do you like it? and enough no less?

OK, I'll stop that, but could you kindly, all of you, please, stop buying games with hordes of zombies that devs can move on to something less boring and harder to model, not mentioning needing some of that graphic power of your video cards? just a suggestion, nothing forceful or anything like that (><)

Because it's fun.

no, it isn't!
but I promised to stop that, thus I should, probably

Salsa

Dead Rising is the fucking shit and really unlike any other zombie game out there. Focuses on completely different things, it's one of the most original games to get that "mainstream appeal" with its hard rules like the timers and all. Im surprised it even is this popular. Subject matter being zombies really has nothing to do in making this game "more of the same" or anything of the sort.

rtcn63

Dead Rising, IIRC, is better than most of the zombie schlock that's been passed from one asshole to another in the past few years. But it's rough around the edges- DR2 has stupid timers, bosses that were very difficult to beat without co-op help, and somewhat repetitive gameplay as a whole.

Tellaerin

Dead Rising, IIRC, is better than most of the zombie schlock that's been passed from one asshole to another in the past few years. But it's rough around the edges- DR2 has stupid timers, bosses that were very difficult to beat without co-op help, and somewhat repetitive gameplay as a whole.

I wonder if anybody's tried to mod some of that stuff out.

gabbo

Welp, now my brother and I have no reason what so ever to consider getting an XBone.
Glad DR3 is coming to PC, even if its late. Enjoyed goofing around in 2 quite a lot (GFWL aside)

Garcia

Eufloria benefits from a speed bump of 2x up to 2.5x speed. The developer should have added a slider to the options menu. I'm currently using CE to speed it up and I'm having a wonderful time; it is a good game, albeit too zen and slow paced at regular speed.

Can't just post a gif of a person saying something that could be anything...there is no particular emotion being conveyed here.

I believe "hawt" is the emotion being conveyed.

OK, I'll stop that, but could you kindly, all of you, please, stop buying games with hordes of zombies that devs can move on to something less boring and harder to model, not mentioning needing some of that graphic power of your video cards? just a suggestion, nothing forceful or anything like that (><)

Really?

It's more about exclusives being brought to the Dark Side. In which case, bring all of them. And, ya know, don't worry about what other people buy?

gabbo

Maybe I missed it, but did Steam kill off Sniper Elite v2 early? Both the website and client lead to 'Whoops, broken link' pages when i try to install it

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Uh, I've realized Woo and Indeed Hoo is absent from here since more than a couple of weeks.
altough he commented on a Wii related thread, the bloody bloke :p
Then on his Steam profile I noticed that he played 3 hours of Bad Rats and now I'm super worried. :'(
I miss his cat. :'(

Don't worry, he is alive and getting ready and just grabbed some Sniper Elite V2. Someone has to be overly excited when a new person plays XCOM for the first time.

Oh I do hope this fully comes true. The design that went into the game programming wise on Xbox One really need to be worked on and fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom