• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's Watch Dogs trademark abandonment request was fradulent

Status
Not open for further replies.
4ppqdlk.png

7FbZWCh.png

Good ol' Guillemot (Ubisoft CEO) requested to pull the plug on Watch_Dogs.

Get ready for Assassin's Creed V, to be released Holiday 2014 for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. :p

Hope they do rename it so I don't have to accidentally think of that Weakest Link bitch whenever I see the name. You know what I'm talking about, BritGAF.

Birathen

Its to be released on the next Nintendo, not as a game but as a app and all the shit done in the trailers you will be able to do in real life. Now you are playing with power.

Heh, how much moneys would be down the drain if it gets cancelled I wonder.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope they really do rename it to assassin's creed just so everyone can stop pretending like they weren't already the same goddamn games in different time periods. In fact Ubisoft should do that to every one of their AAA games (like Far Cry).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
4ppqdlk.png

7FbZWCh.png

Good ol' Guillemot (Ubisoft CEO) requested to pull the plug on Watch_Dogs.

Get ready for Assassin's Creed V: Watch Dogs, to be released Holiday 2014 for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. :p

Did they just re-register it with a new categorical definition? That wouldn't surprise me given Ubisoft is into mass merchandizing now.

kmax

Rösti;99467525 said:
Can't abandon something that's never been trademarked in the first place, as mentioned before.

Alrighty then. I have no idea where they're taking it from here. Assassin's creed V maybe?

def sim

It already looked like their modern day Assassin's Creed and attaching it to a known, and very successful franchise would be safer than selling a new name, I suppose.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yves must have been really pissed off to expressly request abandonment, it's not like sitting on a dead trademark for a few years would cost almost anything.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
you didn' preorder enough copies, so they cancelled it.

for shame.

....... just kidding .....

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Remember when the delay of Watch Dogs was preceded by the rumour that the Wii U version is delayed/canceled? Is the history repeating?

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm curious as to how the OP found out about this, only two days after it expired. The timing is interesting.

Uh... Does this kind of thing happen often? Because this seems quite odd.

No, it's pretty rare to outright cancel one of your trademarks. Generally if you need to change something about it, you file for modification. It is odd that even if they DID decide to go the route of changing it's name to request abandonment. As mentioned, you can sit on a trademarked name for ages if you want (see Nintendo and Eternal Darkness)

dex3108

As far as i know Creative Director said that he played PS3 version sometime in january so game is fine.

And AC IV info about WD was just Easter Egg, like Abstergo Easter Egg in FC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom