• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's Watch Dogs trademark abandonment request was fradulent

Status
Not open for further replies.
This smells like viral marketing.

Yes, it seems quite plausible that Ubisoft would file false paperwork with a federal agency on the off-chance that random internet hobos would notice and this would somehow result in increased sales of their video game product. :p

jambo

Yes, it seems quite plausible that Ubisoft would file false paperwork with a federal agency on the off-chance that random internet hobos would notice and this would somehow result in increased sales of their video game product. :p

Arrested Ubisoft staff to announce Assassin's Creed: Watch Dogs, live from jail.

Symphonia

Banned
it was Aiden Pearce
Oh, god, I was about to play down the whole viral marketing theory but I can kind of see Ubisoft coming forward with an 'official statement' confirming they have traced the suspect and it appears to be Aiden Pearce but are unable to locate and apprehend him and, as such, the public should be made aware of his existence and warned to steer clear, etc.

Calling it.

Oh, god, I was about to play down the whole viral marketing theory but I can kind of see Ubisoft coming forward with an 'official statement' confirming they have traced the suspect and it appears to be Aiden Pearce but are unable to locate and apprehend him and, as such, the public should be made aware of his existence and warned to steer clear, etc.

Calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom