• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say something nice about your least favorite game.

adj_noun

Lost: Via Domus occasionally approaches the fringes of the outer boundaries of the border of the edge of feeling like the TV show.

Indecisive

Neo Member
I actually really like Other M's design for young samus. The military outfit was great, and I like the short hair way better than the dumb pony tail.

Eusis

I think I'll just go with ones I've felt strongest about, because what might actually be the worst would have been some unmemorable, shitty rental from the 90s that I already forgot about or don't remember enough to SAY anything good. Like a Marvel licensed game or something (or it'd be easy like "made me appreciate later Spider-man/Marvel games" or "introduced me to some characters" or something.)

Baten Kaitos - It's an amazing looking game, and by all accounts (and what little I played) has a great sequel/prequel worth checking out regardless of opinion on the original game.

Final Fantasy II - It had some interesting ideas that were better refined later on (and the shittier ones abandoned entirely), and actually didn't back out of the deaths it kept throwing at the player unlike FFIV. Also made for some good jokes.

EDIT: Actually, a lot of those that AREN'T memorable enough for me to bring up basically can boil down to "made me appreciate other games more." But that's not really an interesting angle for anything but why it's worth trying to get through at least part of some shittier games.

Strings

None of these are my least favourite game, but I don't like any of them, especially in compairson to past titles:

Ratchet and Clank (2016): Absurdly pretty.

Witcher 3: Obviously a huge, well-managed project with a lot of love and effort thrown behind it.

FFXV: Good dungeon layouts, for the most part, and excellent monster designs.

FFXIII: Great soundtrack.

FF Type-0: The first cutscene is pretty good.

Tales of Zestiria: Skits are relatively strong.

Dragon Age 2: Neat frame narrative.

Nier Automata: Gorgeous music, with some nice, bittersweet sidequest vignettes.

GTAV: Absurdly content-rich and fleshed out.

Shadow of Mordor: I platinumed it for some reason? I can't actually think of anything I liked about this in retrospect.

ARK: Survival Evolved has dinosaurs...
wrapped in a package of redigested shit in game format

I honestly think that's as close to a nice thing I could muster.

DPtheGod

No Man's Sky got an update 14 months after release to deliver some of the content that was said to be included at launch.

Top Bottom