• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say something nice about your least favorite game.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the music is still pretty memorable

tmnt-nes-water.jpg

I guess none of you have ever played a truly bad game if you are having to claim that a recent AAA game is your least favourite.

Rugrats on PS1 had good voice acting and the golf was a blast when playing with my family.

Maxey

Übersandvich;246071938 said:
I guess none of you have ever played a truly bad game if you are having to claim that a recent AAA game is your least favourite.

Least favorite implies a subjective opinion. Anyone can hate a highly acclaimed game or love a game that is generally reviled by the public.

Skeeter49

Rugrats on PS1 had good voice acting and the golf was a blast when playing with my family.
Least favorite does not mean bad game.
It can be a bad game, but for a lot of people there's more to it than is this the worst game you've ever played.

Croash

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 has a very exciting demo/first level that has just the right amount of platforming, fighting, superb music and visuals, finishing with a sweet boss fight.

Why didn't it end there with Alucard :((

These threads always bring out the edgiest part of people.

Ghostbusters (2016) includes a high quality audio file of Ray Parker Jr.'s original theme song.

Least favorite implies a subjective opinion. Anyone can hate a highly acclaimed game or love a game that is generally reviled by the public.

I have no problem with subjective opinion. The responses are heavily skewed towards games after 2005 which were all triple A. There were many more failed experiments and rough mechanics during earlier eras. I just find it hard to believe that the ones mentioned were the worst games these people played. I feel that they could remember a much worse, but less memorable game.

For example, in the 8-bit and 16-bit eras some games had their last levels made too hard as to be unfinishable in order to hide the fact they were unfinished.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to imply people are stupid.

the music is still pretty memorable

tmnt-nes-water.jpg

Honestly, this is probably my favorite shitty game of all time. Playing it as a kid, I knew it was a hard game, but I didn't know any better - I was playing as the goddamn Ninja Turtles!

Really wish they could make a decent TMNT game.

Anthem has done a wonderful job of taking top-tier talent away from the Mass Effect franchise.

I mean, doesn't this increase the chances of it being a good game? If it's being worked on by people who made a franchise you presumably enjoy, why not wait and see if it's good or not?

13ruce

Banned
I rarely dislike games but Fallout 4 had a decent setting and characters shame the gameplay was even more clunkier than skyrim and i hate clunky gunplay with skyrim it atleast was fun smacking your sword like a fool.

Dark Souls 2 sins of the first scholar was crap but i liked the enviroments and setting. Just the cheap groups of enemies in your face i hated it. Enjoyed ds 3 and bb tho will play ds 1 and demon souls if they get remastered for ps4.

Ieu

Command and Conquer 4 was hugely successful in concluding the tiberium/Kane story. Certainly I don't think we'll end up seeing any more games released in that particular series...
;_;

Maxey

Übersandvich;246072978 said:
I have no problem with subjective opinion. The responses are heavily skewed towards games after 2005 which were all triple A. There were many more failed experiments and rough mechanics during earlier eras. I just find it hard to believe that the ones mentioned were the worst games these people played. I feel that they could remember a much worse, but less memorable game.

For example, in the 8-bit and 16-bit eras some games had their last levels made too hard as to be unfinishable in order to hide the fact they were unfinished.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to imply people are stupid.

I get what you mean but I guess it's just easier to remember/mention recent popular games that people don't like.

Scoops312

Banned
Telltale's Batman gave me this moment:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFhgsjYYHNY

DmC pissed off a lot of otakus.

God of War: Ascension made Sony Santa Monica think "holy shit, what are we even doing anymore" and reboot the series into something interesting.

I was able to exchange the copy of Hitman: HD collection that I bought at Target for a sealed copy then take that copy to another Target for a full refund.

Justinh

Don't know if I'd call it my "least favorite game," but I found it really tedious and unfun to play:

I loved the setting and the whole backdrop for Too Human. I thought the whole Techno Viking thing they had going on was so freaking cool.

Really wish they could make a decent TMNT game.
I know right? Doesn't it just feel like it shouldn't be a hard thing to do? I loved that game as a kid too, and I don't hate it nowadays either. I do find it too hard to beat and never got too much further than the ropes across the rooftops when I was a kid, and never tried going past that since.

Devil may cry 2 has 2 campaigns. I mean few games went multidisk on ps2.

Hell resident evil 6 had 4 campaigns, that's so much game. I know 2 games but hey same complement basically and both Capcom.

Menitta

What is my least favourite game? Not something I think about often. I guess I have a disdain for Recore. There are so many elements of that game that I did like, such as art style and it's jumping/dashing. The reason I have such a dislike towards it is that it's not what I expected it to be and what it is, I don't like. Also it's buggy as shit.

That being said, I'd totally buy an artbook because that style is good.

Top Bottom