• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry: Blood Dragon box art leaks, is greatest box art ever [SCREENS IN OP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

Wow, this actually looks really good. Hopefully it won't become horrifically tedious halfway through Like FC3.

Dambrosi

Banned
Testing new avatar, 1...2...3...

This game looks fucking legit, god I loved the late '80's/early '90's. Decade of All Decades.

statuesque blond corporate lady is TOTALLY supposed to be Brigitte Nielsen's character from Beverly Hills Cop 2, right?

tumblr_m8qecoPi661qg7dpbo1_500.jpg

It's such an 80s image

Lijik

They could have simply submitted it early cause, apparently, the submission process takes awhile.

It looks a lot like an april fools joke -- nothing about it makes it seem like a video game. The presentation is extremely unique, if it actually is a game.

The fact that there are lots of "Recommendations" from various made up establishments, and/or real establishments, also suggests it's highly unlikely it's actually a game. It's just extremely unlikely that a big game studio like Ubisoft uses that in the PR/advertisement for a game, even if it's supposed to be a joke.

If it's a real game, there's money on the line. Would a big company like Ubisoft really risk advertising a game like this?

Also, the trailer/website didn't go up until today. Doesn't matter when it appeared on Xbox Live I think, since they might have submitted it early to make sure it was up by the time they wanted it up.

Before it got turned into Zombi U, the website for Killer Freaks was the equivalent of this for conspiracy nutjob websites. A bunch of found footage pictures and video, and barely anything on the actual game. There was even a fake IRC chatbox that kept updating with new text for like ten minutes straight or something

Ubisoft is just fucking nuts. Have you like seen any of their press conferences?

shisno626

Neo Member
Don't know if anyone saw this,

But I was screwing around on the site blowing shit up.

When I blew up the Ubisoft Logo, with the trailer playing in the background, the site locked up and I had this guy staring back at me:

NVM, pg6

Tain

If this is real I'm hoping it's not super ironic. That's the worst. Unfortunately, I think that's too much to ask given what we've seen.

I'm not the game's biggest fan, but Hotline Miami did a good job of being set in the 80s and having badass aesthetics (as far as the dev's talents allowed) while avoiding the lame reference humor.

People of GAF, this stuff is real. You don't go through the trouble of getting your shit certified in Australia simply for an april fools joke ;).

Dead

well not really...yet
Those music clips are fucking phenomenal beyond words.

God damn, I hope this ends up being as awesome as I think its going to be.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If you guys are really into this sort of music, may I recommend some Mitch Murder?

Soundtrack to this summer and every summer if you know what's good for you, ie. 80's synth-pop. Sooooo good.

Eusis

So this is for real? Man, it's the best April Fool's news ever then, because it's something completely ridiculous and unexpected that's happening FOR REAL. Like the awesome counterpart to the GIA closing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom