• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry: Blood Dragon box art leaks, is greatest box art ever [SCREENS IN OP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy cow that is truly, truy, truly outrageous

o_jem.jpg

Loved Jem!
The memories, The 90's! :O

Odrion

Banned
They could have simply submitted it early cause, apparently, the submission process takes awhile.

It looks a lot like an april fools joke -- nothing about it makes it seem like a video game. The presentation is extremely unique, if it actually is a game.

The fact that there are lots of "Recommendations" from various made up establishments, and/or real establishments, also suggests it's highly unlikely it's actually a game. It's just extremely unlikely that a big game studio like Ubisoft uses that in the PR/advertisement for a game, even if it's supposed to be a joke.

If it's a real game, there's money on the line. Would a big company like Ubisoft really risk advertising a game like this?

Also, the trailer/website didn't go up until today. Doesn't matter when it appeared on Xbox Live I think, since they might have submitted it early to make sure it was up by the time they wanted it up.
Sometimes Ubisoft gets a little nutso. Sometimes. Like rarely.

Odrion

Banned
Actually this isn't really that crazy of an idea. There's been an on going trend of 'WACKY!' single player DLC that screws around with the tone of the game for shits and giggles. Read Dead had Zombie Nightmare, Sleeping Dogs has all of it's DLC, Mass Effect 3 has Citadel, etc. That kind of DLC does a good job at grabbing people's attentions and gets them talking.

ekim

That is it.

I am team real.

The animated .gif convinced me.

Along with the fact that there is leaked box art which does not even appear on the webpage.

FUCKING HYPED. Please be stand alone

the leaked box art says XBLA - so it's probably stand-alone.

TheMax

Neo Member
Wow art direction of the film is by Supreme Ninja now i know we are in for a treat.

Yes april fool joke

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thread title delivers.

That dinosaur is shooting fucking lasers. That transcends any mere "lol so whacky and random and 80s ironic huh guys xd" sentiment you might have because fuck dude that's actually still awesome in a non-ironic way.

ekim

Thread title delivers.

That dinosaur is shooting fucking lasers. That transcends any mere "lol so whacky and random and 80s ironic huh guys xd" sentiment you might have because fuck dude that's actually still awesome in a non-ironic way.

It's a Dragon and not a dinosaur.

Vamphuntr

They could have simply submitted it early cause, apparently, the submission process takes awhile.

It looks a lot like an april fools joke -- nothing about it makes it seem like a video game. The presentation is extremely unique, if it actually is a game.

The fact that there are lots of "Recommendations" from various made up establishments, and/or real establishments, also suggests it's highly unlikely it's actually a game. It's just extremely unlikely that a big game studio like Ubisoft uses that in the PR/advertisement for a game, even if it's supposed to be a joke.

If it's a real game, there's money on the line. Would a big company like Ubisoft really risk advertising a game like this?

Also, the trailer/website didn't go up until today. Doesn't matter when it appeared on Xbox Live I think, since they might have submitted it early to make sure it was up by the time they wanted it up.

You really think they paid Microsoft money to have them approve the concept of the game, submit the boxart to their server and even have a joke build with achievements that activated on the XBL network?

I'm not even sure you can submit fake games on XBLA.

Cheevos list

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/far-cry-3-blood-dragon/achievements/

if it was a joke they didn't have to get the game rated or have it submitted to Microsoft....

c'mon...

it's obviously a real game and covered as a joke.

Yeah, this is what I think as well. They are doing what GAF has been saying for a while, announce a real game on April 1st and see what happens.

Why does the font (right down to the color) that Far Cry 3 is displayed in look so familiar? And why do I get the feeling that this cover (maybe even including the fonts used) are a reference to something I've already seen? This all just seems so familiar...

The colour pattern for the "Far Cry" font is very similar to one of the default styles for WordArt in old versions of Office. That might be it.
IC354451.jpg

jett

D-Member
I swear I've seen that chromed FARCRY3 font in another game, but I can't remember it. I thought it was from Turrican at first.

I know, it also looks very familiar to me. I think it may be a C64 game. It reminds me of the He-Man logo too.

logo.jpg

edit: or it may be the wordart thing, lol.

Cyrano

Yeah holy crap if this is a real thing I might play this. It fulfills both the 80s synth and giant-robot-laser T-Rex dream I've had all in one, mighty, ridiculous, awesome blow.

edit: seriously, in all honesty why aren't some of these April 1st games real things. I want my 1888 Football manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom