• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Amagon

Because I don't want this thread to be derailed into a P3 vs P4 argument, here, have some awesome Chie arcade mode footage.

Part 1

Part 2

WsJXe.gif

Any Persona artwork that I can throw on my Brawlstick that I just picked up?

_woLf

Huh, after watching the Chie videos, I'm actually okay with Teddie's new voice actor. Chie's just doesn't sound right, though.

hertog

I finished persona 3, only played the first half of 4(my 60gig died and had to replace it with a ps3 slim).

I was waiting for persona 4 the golden, can I play this arena game without too much spoilers?

sorry to quote myself, but does anybody has an answer?

Venfayth

sorry to quote myself, but does anybody has an answer?

Well, I haven't seen the story mode yet, but like someone else said it takes place AFTER p4, and it's got 30-40 hours worth of story itself, so I think it'd be pretty difficult for them to make it avoid all spoilers.

B00TE

The more I watch of this, the more excited I get. Absolutely love the UI. And the gameplay looks fun obviously and if it's easy to get into, I can pull more friends into this to try and level up offline.

I'll be checking here daily to keep up to date on how the 360 version is shaping up. Hopefully for the better!

Azure J

Very interested in picking this one up just from the little bit of footage I saw last night on TheBrett's stream. Dat Mitsuru.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
P3 is better than P4, but P4 has cooler menus and a better theme song. Neither one is garbage though, unlike Digital Devil Saga.

God's Beard just lots its Godliness for calling Digital Devil Saga garbage.

*Editors note - Replace "lots with lost" Jesus christ what a cockup with this one eh folks?

Infinite

Very interested in picking this one up just from the little bit of footage I saw last night on TheBrett's stream. Dat Mitsuru.

Watch some Japanese footage, bro. No offence but some of the level of play is really low on these streams which to be fair isn't a surprise since the game is kinda new to console warriors. I know some decent channels if you need me to post them.

Sophia

God's Beard just lots its Godliness for calling Digital Devil Saga garbage.

All in favor of smiting God's Beard with God's Hand? >_>

Watch some Japanese footage, bro. No offence but some of the level of play is really low on these streams which to be fair isn't a surprise since the game is kinda new to console warriors. I know some decent channels if you need me to post them.

When TheBrett himself plays, the level of play tends to go up a bit. Sadly he's auto-passing a lot and we get some really low level stuff.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do not like the new Chie voice actor that much. What's the story, what happened to the old VA?

Also hope there aren't announcers popping up during multiplayer.

You can turn the announcer off. =P

Good. I like the VA's in P3 and P4, but hearing them in a fighting game is just weird.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Due to P4 being my favorite game of all time and loving P3 almost as much I was going to buy this despite not liking/being awful at fighting games.

Cancelled my amazon pre order.

Teddy/chie voices are fucking nightmares.

Sophia

Due to P4 being my favorite game of all time and loving P3 almost as much I was going to buy this despite not liking/being awful at fighting games.

Cancelled my amazon pre order.

Teddy/chie voices are fucking nightmares.

Really stupid thing to cancel your preorder over, given that you can switch the voice acting to Japanese.

I feel like I'm getting trolled, oh well.

Azure J

Please do.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really stupid thing to cancel your preorder over, given that you can switch the voice acting to Japanese.

I feel like I'm getting trolled, oh well.

Hearing Japanese out of chie would be even weirder. It's why I couldn't even get through one episode of the anime.

Sorry that a game I would buy ONLY for the story/voice acting/nostalgia is no longer on my purchase list because of voice acting changes?

For people buying it for the fighting mechanics but would cancel if they put it an insane micro transaction gem system would you call that 6/10 trolling as well?

BlackJace

Hearing Japanese out of chie would be even weirder. It's why I couldn't even get through one episode of the anime.

Sorry that a game I would buy ONLY for the story/voice acting is no longer on my purchase list because of voice acting changes?

For people buying it for the fighting mechanics but would cancel if they put it an insane micro transaction gem system would you call that 6/10 trolling as well?

Can we not start this? You said what you wanted to say. You can leave now.

Sorry that a game I would buy ONLY for the story/voice acting is no longer on my purchase list because of voice acting changes?

4/10

Sophia

What do you guys think, finished it in about an hour or so:

Quoted to make sure it isn't huge on screen.

All I have to do is go back and re-space the button symbols to be farther away.

That's kinda nice, but I hate how the buttons are going to go over some of their faces/the art. >.<;

Top Bottom