• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
He's shite anyway

I'll bet he goes straight into the British manager rota with Tony Mowbray, Neil Warnock, Paul Lambert, Alan Pardew etc, all whom always seem to get a new job despite how bad they were in their last one and have never won anything of note. At least they had the good sense to kick Tim 'Suarez isn't good enough for Spurs' Sherwood out of the club.

Also when did your ban end?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They're in the relegation zone, but still seems little ruthless to me. But he got in by ruthlessness so...

Who's around for the job then?

I'll refer you to my list above. They are bound to be considering one of them.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, hindsight and all. Real shitty to give him a contract considering he hasn't got a proper experience.

I think it was pretty obvious he was average at best without the need for hindsight
I'll bet he goes straight into the British manager rota with Tony Mowbray, Neil Warnock, Paul Lambert, Alan Pardew etc, all whom always seem to get a new job despite how bad they were in their last one and have never won anything of note. At least they had the good sense to kick Tim 'Suarez isn't good enough for Spurs' Sherwood out of the club.

Also when did your ban end?

My ban? I haven't been banned for months

Parting is such sweet sorrow and all that.

Wonder if they might try and convince Ancelotti. Fully expect them to end up with someone like Pardew however.

Wakes up, checks the news, sees Italy faces Sweden for a World Cup spot.

I...think we can do this? Sweden is actually a good enough side that this lot might actually be inclined to try and play well. Then again given the team in question, I can see us somehow blowing this.

Northern Ireland got a raw deal getting Switzerland as their opponent. Can't see them pulling the upset off.

And If Greece can defeat Croatia in the playoffs, that would be great.

I'd be amazed if Italy don't beat us. You guys have too much experience and the tactical ability to see through a playoff like this, we don't.

Daffy Duck

The old classic:

"I'm taking my ball and going home" look.

hGzhKCS.jpg

Markitron

Parting is such sweet sorrow and all that.

Wonder if they might try and convince Ancelotti. Fully expect them to end up with someone like Pardew however.

I can't see Ancelotti going for this. He has burned his bridges at nearly all the elite clubs now, but he's still one of only 2 managers to win two European Cups, so he's probably still above Leicester's level. IMO his next move will be back to one of of the big boys in Serie A.

I can already feel Pardew shooting in with a shit eating grin.

Please let this happen.

Markitron

So when will Koaman get the sack?

I'd say he's got until the next international break to turn it around, which he may well do. Funny to think that some Everton fans were convinced they would be pushing into the top 4 this year.

Markitron

The feeling of being a Liverpool fan and watching the inevitable shit that will proceed tonight instead of Madrid v Spurs.

Please don't miss a thousand chances, please don't miss a thousand chances...

It's OK, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will run nowhere in a straight line at least 6 or 7 times, that's way better than scoring a load of goals. I mean it must be, otherwise why the fuck did we spend 35m on him?

faridmon

I'd say he's got until the next international break to turn it around, which he may well do. Funny to think that some Everton fans were convinced they would be pushing into the top 4 this year.

well he was supposed to exactly do that considering the money he has spent.

He has been been stubborn, blind, egoistical and tactically deprived since the start of the season.

Markitron

What's Moyes up to these days?

I believe he's currently blaming all of his shortcomings on somebody else, whilst still believing he's an elite manager just because 5 years ago he got a really good job on account of the fact that he was Scottish and avoided relegation with a mid-table club for a decade.

It's a full time job.

well he was supposed to exactly do that considering the money he has spent.

He has been been stubborn, blind, egoistical and tactically deprived since the start of the season.

He did the exact same thing that Rodgers and AVB did before him, lost a world-class player and spunked the money on a load of average tat.

Daffy Duck

^ What the hell is that?

You have been visited by LFC Pupper, you will be blessed with not slipping up, but only if you comment "You'll Never Walk Alone, Pupper"

3LfUozb.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Sacking Shakespeare seems like a slightly less crazy move than getting rid of Ranieri until you remember that the only teams to beat Leicester this season are Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, and they beat Liverpool in the cup...sucks that these owners will go down in history as EPL winners, they truly don't deserve it.

Markitron

Sacking Shakespeare seems like a slightly less crazy move than getting rid of Ranieri until you remember that the only teams to beat Leicester this season are Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, and they beat Liverpool in the cup...sucks that these owners will go down in history as EPL winners, they truly don't deserve it.

Nobody remembers the owners, they will remember the players and manager.

MikeBison

It's OK, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will run nowhere in a straight line at least 6 or 7 times, that's way better than scoring a load of goals. I mean it must be, otherwise why the fuck did we spend 35m on him?

Poor bastard has 10 minute cameos and 1 start, in a weakened team in the league cup. Hasn't been great so far but it's been very stop and start for him.

Looked positive when he came on against United. As in made a good run and didn't spanner it into rose head at the end of it.

casiopao

Italy is going to get F up by Sweden. And i will be damn happy. That Trash Ventura deserved to get sacked ASAP.

Now, even Jorginho is intending moving to Brazil as Ventura give zero care about the best midfielder in Italy right now. If that happen, i hope Ventura get kicked the hell out forever for Nazionale.

Firemind

Italy is going to get F up by Sweden. And i will be damn happy. That Trash Ventura deserved to get sacked ASAP.

Now, even Jorginho is intending moving to Brazil as Ventura give zero care about the best midfielder in Italy right now. If that happen, i hope Ventura get kicked the hell out forever for Nazionale.
It's definitely a possibility.

jpv_13

Neo Member
I was honestly hoping that Conte would potentially get sacked after losing to Crystal Palace.

Which would open up a return to the National Team for the playoff and the World Cup.

He hasn't called Jorginho up! What the eff is wrong with him. Brazil better snap him up quick because his through balls for Neymar and Jesus would tear teams apart.

Markitron

Poor bastard has 10 minute cameos and 1 start, in a weakened team in the league cup. Hasn't been great so far but it's been very stop and start for him.

Looked positive when he came on against United. As in made a good run and didn't spanner it into rose head at the end of it.

He's a Liverpool player, so I want him to do well, but it's hard for me to feel sorry for him. I didn't rate him at Arsenal and I still don't rate him now. I honestly can't see what he brings to the team, espically at that price tag with his injury record. The fact that he was in the last year of his contract when we paid this price doesn't help.

Just like with Carroll and Benteke, I want to be proved wrong, but I'm fairly confident I'll be 3 for 3 with those predictions.

Milner in midfield. It's odd how that's weird to see now. Guess Ox still has a way to go to become Gerrard.

Also hope Robertson gets to play at the weekend, man should get a start at some point.

RocknRola

Time for some Champions League!!

Also a quick thanks to UEFA (?) for their minute of silence in favour of the victims of this weekend's wildfires in both Portugal and Northern Spain (Galiza).

Top Bottom