• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Yay!

Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cgfIWtyESLGAuZfoneKJA7n02YblMq6m9-YHUkeF4-EUgL6SoqE2QjIeLZqS64UYg-zJAOWYMabN_jqNIzXdNrZ6RYAgzRqeYtD8IyTft7TR-k3TbcAb5qzXFl2f6lmp_DPj8LIknBU5RlikxOjO2CCpuMj3u06A9HgRH-9ey6fiOpQidUKmqfHukSbGhxxAsxH_ALFE4rx47NperHUanRt9Y-O3IZaFlbqPaYNKT27IBcVsmpIdXkVUZAA5Pqm2DcQNFgjEdMglJ1hiJ_UX-uFCH74IO3EDdIq34N7wAqTuKkROPGF7mnavjb1vHOXoSuUiAippUSS_xT0mntXPpX7IvwD2LB9KNo5-Wud0WY3OLY40ZgtJpEMFbsHcFCVx2NV6Z1GrjzUyiIm_OpF5ZI2BklDIq84bFoCoE96asqxq7rTbp651kOk7Eubw7sUHmldhmoVhBV5PNozg2Gbocg_Hh71cnCwRTS2ZfTWTGbhWdMiPO4Bu7crLVSpGJgNZzgxYx76qjJl-Cv4_JrwqMG9jKy6qqfxM9obBzeUxUHnaK_QX-MzTtlwxtky0Sg1GGyLbyVtF6ec4uPR-l34Ll3NjLp6bu59wc_8-kDisTP1ZKRXfedum=w900-h1600-no[/IMG]

Now the only Gold medals left I need to get are Fighting, Electric, Ice (currently Silver) and Ghost and Steel (currently Bronze).

I only got 53 Dragon types whereas I have caught 434 Electric, 494 Ice and 455 ghost types. Steel is close to gold. Yeah, my area doesn't have much dragon types -__-

gutshot

I only got 53 Dragon types whereas I have caught 434 Electric, 494 Ice and 455 ghost types. Steel is close to gold. Yeah, my area doesn't have much dragon types -__-

Yeah, it's all about that water biome and having Dratinis spawning on the reg.

I pretty much never see Magnemites. In fact, I just got my Magneton in my Dex the other day. That's why my Steel and Electric are still lagging. I'm getting close with the Ice medal. The Solstice event helped a lot there. What biome has a lot of ghost types? I see only the occasional Ghastly. I missed the Halloween event. That prob set me back on my Ghost medal compared to most.

GulAtiCa

I hope the next event features 2x/3x stardust. I need lots! lol. I used 400k recently on leveling up different Pokemon to use as new attackers.

Hycran

Banned
Just did two level 3 raids with the wife, unfortunately the CP hit is far too dramatic to really make catching the guys worth it, but the extra rare candy is deifnitely nice.

Does anyone have a rough approximation for the cp hit that pokemon hit from their raid CP to their catch CP?

Maybe the new coin system isn't so bad, as long as the gyms near me have spots for my pokemon, put 2 in yesterday afternoon and one came back last night with 50, other one came back this morning with 50

gutshot

I hope the next event features 2x/3x stardust. I need lots! lol. I used 400k recently on leveling up different Pokemon to use as new attackers.

Same here. Just tried to take down a Venusaur Raid Boss with 4 people. Failed on the first attempt and decided to max my Hurricane Dragonites and Overheat Flareons to try to beat him. Ended up not even needing it as 2 more joined in.

This is in addition to me powering up some other stuff yesterday like my Machamps and fighting Poliwraths for my Tyranitar raids. I'm down to only 200k dust after having over 700k before this update dropped. :/

Chopper

How many coins should I have earned for a 10 hour reign in a gym? My Arcanine got returned to me, but I didn't get any coins.

Also, what's the max number of coins you can earn from a gym reign?

GulAtiCa

How many coins should I have earned for a 10 hour reign in a gym? My Arcanine got returned to me, but I didn't get any coins.

It's 50 max a day. If you got 0 coins, then you already hit the max limit for this day.

Qwark

You should've gotten 50 since you would've hitten the max limit, which is 50 now. If you didn't get any, that means you already hit the limit or there's some lag and you should be getting your coins soon.

I really wish there was a place to tell how many coins you've gotten today so far.

You have a global cap of 50 coins per day. Since you get 1 coin/10 minutes, you'd hit the cap at 8 hours and 20 minutes. Any time beyond that is wasted, and if you get any Pokémon returned after you hit the cap, they give you nothing.

Cess007

I'm loving that the raids gives you rare candies. It's useful to finally evolve those Pokemons that never spawn on my area but got a couple on special events.

Chopper

It's 50 max a day. If you got 0 coins, then you already hit the max limit for this day.

You should've gotten 50 since you would've hitten the max limit, which is 50 now. If you didn't get any, that means you already hit the limit or there's some lag and you should be getting your coins soon.

I really wish there was a place to tell how many coins you've gotten today so far.

You have a global cap of 50 coins per day. Since you get 1 coin/10 minutes, you'd hit the cap at 8 hours and 20 minutes. Any time beyond that is wasted, and if you get any Pokémon returned after you hit the cap, they give you nothing.
Thanks guys. That explains it. I already got 50 coins today.

8 hours? Woah. The new gym game is crazy. Shame you can't take Pokemon out of gyms. On the bright side, it makes spoofing redundant, I guess.

gutshot

So apparently there is a 10 candy/30 min limit when feeding at gyms? Not just feeding at one gym, but walking around to different gyms, once you hit 10 candies fed it starts giving you a red "Error" message and won't let you feed any more for 30 mins. What kind of nonsense is that?

elguero

So apparently there is a 10 candy/30 min limit when feeding at gyms? Not just feeding at one gym, but walking around to different gyms, once you hit 10 candies fed it starts giving you a red "Error" message and won't let you feed any more for 30 mins. What kind of nonsense is that?

Yeah super annoying. Don't want to have people overload on that sweet 20 stardust payout I guess lmao

Edit: Finally got invited to a local discord for PoGo players! Time to finally do some high level raids

GulAtiCa

So how many gyms have you all visited? I'm at 34.

If you visit the Lists page for Gym Badges and then click on the map icon, it will tell you.

It's already to the point in my town that nobody will raid unless it's a tier 4 lapses, snorlax, or machamp as Nobody cares about any of the others. And most people quit doing gyms because only a few people would take them down, everyone else just waits and swarms for the free spots.

Whoopee....

GulAtiCa

The tier 4 are basically what everyone wants, and likely don't have. Tier 3 are all pokemon I would imagine people have decent amounts of. Though, most of tier 3 seems like good pokemon to use against tier 4s. So people should really do more of them.

That said, I'm still game do tier 3, 2 and 1 as well. With the free raid pass a day, I like to try to use it every day. I did a Execturor before work today. I try to keep an eye out for raids around my work area. Esp for tier 4.

I did an Alakazam the other day, were 5 of us in person + maybe 2 more, assuming in a car or so. Really feels special to randomly meet up with these people.

My 17 person experience with a Gengar on Friday last week was amazing.

border

Tier 3 are all pokemon I would imagine people have decent amounts of. Though, most of tier 3 seems like good pokemon to use against tier 4s. So people should really do more of them.

Machamp and Alakhazam are not that common at all, at least in my neck of the woods. Prior to the update, the only reason I had any Machamps was because there was a Machop nest in town a couple months ago.

JavyOO7

Participated in 14 person raid to take down Tyranitar. We did... but he fleed after I used up all premier balls. Feel bad, man...

Rahvar

I currenty have caught 27 fighting types and 5 dragon types since I started playing in July.... Still don't have a Machamp or Dragonite, Machoke has terrible IVs and still need 30+ candies if I want to evolve it...

Masked Man

I said wow
Stats are garbage, but I finally caught my first Shiny Magikarp this morning!
DDdRZosUAAADG2g.jpg

Rafavert

Neat! Some new stops and gyms popped up here.

Also, remember the circle around the stops deal? It's not for the color blind. I think it's a stop you haven't visited recently. I had some stops, both blue, close to each other. One had the ring, the other didn't.

Neat! Some new stops and gyms popped up here.

Also, remember the circle around the stops deal? It's not for the color blind. I think it's a stop you haven't visited recently. I had some stops, both blue, close to each other. One had the ring, the other didn't.

Serious!? Today?

New gyms need to come to my area god dangit!

I've only visited 2 gyms since this update. Did my first raid today. Was annoying because I was trying to take down the gym beforehand and the Pokemon kept getting fed by what I assume were spoofers. I was at least hoping these spoofers would help me in the raid but NooOOoo. Good thing it was only a level 2 raid so I did it myself.

Did a bunch of gyms with my friend tonight. We figured we can do any level 3 gym with the two of us, but 4s are impossible (we tried one Blastoise and no one else even showed up).

Snagged myself 93% Machamp and Flareon, and a single quick TM I used to change my Tyranitar to Bite (so now it's double dark moves ready for psychic legendaries).
Friend got a 100% Gengar and 3 quick TMs.

GulAtiCa

Nice! I was happy with my caught Tyranitar. Is 95% too. I'm almost at my goal of 200 Larivtar candy. Need about 30 more, and then I plan to evolve & level up my 98% Larivtar. Though, given my new 95% buddy, I'm going to easily need 100 more candies. lol

Firemind

Nice! Congrats! Just did two T-Tar raids. Caught one, other fled, which brings me to 4 out of 8. Only one Quick TM. These are going to be a chore to grind...

pokéfan

Was at piccadilly circus last night around 9pm, did a Tyranitar Raid, were about 11 other people in the raid group, we manage to defeat it, but damn I didn't catch it :(

Few Pokemon go players greeted me after noticing I was playing too, had a little chat. It was great!

Tyranitar raid finally shows up near me and literally nobody shows up. Nobody. And I live in a city and area with a ton of gyms and stops. The only place where I've been able to do a raid with more than 4 people is at the mall. I really hate that you have to burn your pass to see who's waiting. I didn't even burn my pass for the Tyranitar because of how dead the place was.

Wow. Been away for a week and all the changes are in full force and I'm pretty lost.
Is there a comprehensive guide to all the changes and how they work?

Like, I took down a gym and put my Pokemon in it. 5 mins later it got taken down.
I didn't get any coins. Is that because it didn't last long enough or do you only get coins at a certain time each day?

Can you and a friend on another team just take a gym back and forth from each other every hour or two to earn the max amount of daily coins?

While a gym is a raid I'm guessing you can't do normal gym stuff like attack it?

What's the difference between a premium and normal raid pass?
Can you only ever hold one normal raid pass?

Argh, so many more questions!

Wow. Been away for a week and all the changes are in full force and I'm pretty lost.
Is there a comprehensive guide to all the changes and how they work?

Like, I took down a gym and put my Pokemon in it. 5 mins later it got taken down.
I didn't get any coins. Is that because it didn't last long enough or do you only get coins at a certain time each day?

Can you and a friend on another team just take a gym back and forth from each other every hour or two to earn the max amount of daily coins?

While a gym is a raid I'm guessing you can't do normal gym stuff like attack it?

What's the difference between a premium and normal raid pass?
Can you only ever hold one normal raid pass?

Argh, so many more questions!
You get 1 coin per 10 minutes of gym defense. You can only get a max of 50 coins a day. So if you have multiple mons in gyms for more than 8 hours and they all get taken out on the same day, you still only get 50 coins. You only gets the coins when your mon is kicked out and returned to you.

You could go back and forth with a friend if you want. Actually, there is not much value in holding gyms for long periods of time anymore. You want to get kicked out after 8.5 hours, which is about how much time you need to get the daily max coins.

You can't attack a gym if a raid has started. If you can get one of your mons in there before it starts, you get a free full hour of defense.

You get one free raid pass a day. The do not stack, so you might as well use them every day. Tier 1 and 2 raids can be done solo. You will need people to help you beat Tier 3 and 4 raids for sure. The premium are ones you can buy and you can stack those. They are only good for one raid though, just like the free one.

gutshot

What do you guys think the chances of them discounting either bag or Pokemon storage any time soon is? I can see them doing some sort of big sale for the anniversary? I'm almost always maxed out of both, but I don't want to buy the upgrades at full price.

GulAtiCa

What do you guys think the chances of them discounting either bag or Pokemon storage any time soon is? I can see them doing some sort of big sale for the anniversary? I'm almost always maxed out of both, but I don't want to buy the upgrades at full price.

Certainly possible. I'm at 1200 max items now, hoping they do an sale on item space.

They did a half discount on pokemon space several months back too.

Mr Swine

Banned
Stupid question, but I've read there is a limit on how many poke coins you get in a gym right? So when do I get them? After my Pokémon has fainted? Do I get only 1 days worth if I have it for 2 days or more?

Oh I got a larvitar out of a egg (that can battle with the best) with best quality is defence. Should I send it away?

Joni

Stupid question, but I've read there is a limit on how many poke coins you get in a gym right? So when do I get them? After my Pokémon has fainted? Do I get only 1 days worth if I have it for 2 days or more?

50 coins per day. When they faint. You only get 1 days worth even if you have 2 days worth or more.

Top Bottom