• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

So I'm guessing Tier 5 raids will only be for the privileged elite who can afford a trip to Chicago USA?

No, prob for Legendaries whenever they make it live. They already said Legendaries won't be limited to events/etc. But, I do imagine that is likely when they might turn on tier 5 raids for everyone everywhere.

Interesting.

Do you get only get coins from returned pokémon once you log in?

I hit my limit yesterday so i didn't log in the rest of the day. when i logged in this morning i got my 50coins from my one mon.

Assuming that's the case..could be an easy way to ensure you can get coins per day once hitting the limit

GulAtiCa

Interesting.

Do you get only get coins from returned pokémon once you log in?

I hit my limit yesterday so i didn't log in the rest of the day. when i logged in this morning i got my 50coins from my one mon

I don't think so. Check your journal, did it say any pokemon got knocked out after midnight?

zulux21

Some Pokemon they could add to the Raid pool:

Tier 1
Dragonaire
Poliwhirl
Graveler

Tier 2
Jynx
Ursaring

Tier 3
Donphan
Espeon
Umbreon

Tier 4
Ampharos
Blissey
Dragonaire would need to be higher than tier 1.
and blissey would be funny when a 20 man group still couldn't kill it due to HP :3

JavyOO7

Done 3 raids today. Got a fast attack TM and used it on Gyarados and he now has Dragon Tail... not bad.

There's another raid happening in an hour and its a 4 star raid... hopefully people show up...

I noticed yesterday (Sunday) that a raid was happening at a nearby Gym. Saturday, I had participated in a raid at the exact same Gym. A yellow egg hatched into a CP 18144 Machamp. Sunday, the egg had once again hatched and it was the same Pokemon, a CP 18144 Machamp.

I'm curious to see if others have seen similar things happening, where a Gym has the same Raid Pokemon every day, if it ever changes, gets stronger/weaker, etc.

GulAtiCa

Raids are now lv 20 and above! Niantic just announced this on Twitter.

Seems like they cut down on the number of lvl. 4 raids. Seeing much less now in our town.

Prob makes sense, they were kinda common previously. Will help make them more special, and hopefully, likely make more people show up to them.

Gym activity has dropped hard in my area. Most of my Pokémon aren't getting kicked at all. So far I've been lucky enough to have one each kicked the last couple days, but I dunno if it will continue. :\

Seems like they cut down on the number of lvl. 4 raids. Seeing much less now in our town.

I just saw two spawn right next to each other within minutes. *shrug*

Smart idea cutting down the Lvl 4 raids—I was less compelled Friday and Saturday to go out and explore raids because there was so many popping up at the shopping area across the street from me anyway.

I love the raids (sans bugginess); it can be great way to introduce new mons aside from Legendaries in the future. And there's some good incentives for participating in a raid! I imagine for Gen 3, having Metagross being behind Raids, and if you win, you get to catch a Beldum to train. Or introducing Megas or some Gen 4 evolutions.

ZeroCDR

Fought an Alakazam yesterday with another lv. 35 Mystic, it took us 3 tries because we kept timing out. Lots of rare candies!

This is a lot of fun, but I feel like there won't be much help around this area to take on tier 3 and 4.

Arrrammis

Yay raids! Saw one in a local park, biked over and fought a 2 star CP 12,000 Magmar. It was close, but I managed to solo it with 2 CP ~2000 Vaporeons, a CP 2200 rhydon, a CP 1700 Flareon, and two CP 1600 Jolteons.

Rewards were two gold razz berries, a rare candy, and 12 of the event pokeballs. Are those just meant for catching this raid boss? If I didn't use all of them, do they carry over to the next raid? (I managed to catch the Magmar at 1264 CP with the first ball)

GulAtiCa

The pokeballs you get are for that raid boss only. The other items you can stock pile all you want. Like I have nearly 40 Golden Razz berries now. 17 Rare Candy. Got 1 Charged TM that I already used too.

Firemind

2/4 tyranitar right now. simply will not stay in the ball even when golden razz'd. I got cheated out of 3 balls though because the gym was yellow and the results said I didn't have gym control. sort this shit out niantic!

Let's say you have $20 credit in the shop and you live in a big city, which is more efficient raid passes or incubators?
never incubators

GulAtiCa

Let's say you have $20 credit in the shop and you live in a big city, which is more efficient raid passes or incubators?

Hmm. I would probably say Raid Passes. As you can then basically pick and choose with Raids you want to take on and get a chance to capture those fully evolved lv 20 Pokemon.

Personally I'm prob going to go back to only 2 extra egg incubators a week. Might even make it so I only buy a new incubator when I get a 10k egg.

border

Level 4 Raids should probably be weekend-only. Makes them more of an event, and makes it more likely that large groups will converge. If they're running all the time they will be less attractive and more boring.

zulux21

Level 4 Raids should probably be weekend-only. Makes them more of an event, and makes it more likely that large groups will converge. If they're running all the time they will be less attractive and more boring.

I'm glad you aren't in charge of the game.

just let them be random.
not everyone has free time on the weekends.

GulAtiCa

Took on a lv 3 Alakazam raid just now. Got a few more Rare candies, but ended up losing the Pokemon. The 1st time I lost 1 actually. Better that than the Tyranitar I caught earlier, lol. Was fun though. A few people showed up. 5 of us there in person, plus 1 or 2 more likely playing in a car.

I also took on a Muk on my own earlier, caught it (and released it).

border

Alakhazam and Gengar seem like the toughest of the Level 3 raids, primarily because they are difficult to counter. And almost anything you counter them with is going to be a glass canon.

I have been able to do all the Level 3 events with just one friend, but we kept losing to a Gengar today with only 10%-15% health left on the boss. When you get one that is able to spam Sludge Bomb it's really nasty.......he was able to take out nearly 12 Snorlax/Blisseys on every attempt. Finally a third person showed up and that made it easy enough to get through.

I wish they would show you DPS meters on failed attempts.

robochimp

Showed up for a Rhydon raid, there were only three of us, we failed. It was funny there was this 13-14 year old kid who was clearly coming for the raid but once he saw the other people there he turned around and ran away, he would have put us over too.

I just went to another level 4 and it was Tyranitar. I think we had 20 people. I got him and he was an 87% with bite and crunch.

Firemind

I just went to another level 4 and it was Tyranitar. I think we had 20 people. I got him and he was an 87% with bite and crunch.
Very nice! Congrats!

I don't know how it is with other raid bosses, but Tyranitar really doesn't want to go inside the ball. The catching minigame is a boss fight in itself.

robochimp

Very nice! Congrats!

I don't know how it is with other raid bosses, but Tyranitar really doesn't want to go inside the ball. The catching minigame is a boss fight in itself.

I got 6 golden raspberries from the raid and used up 3 of them trying to catch it.

I just got my Pokémon fest wristbands in the mail. I need to stock up on items, raids are going to be awesome. We'll, as long as they have a decent solution for handling all the cell traffic.

deanote666

So if you're by yourself, the only way to take down a gym is if you're in an isolated area with no one around...?

Fought 4 pokemon in one go. Exit and all but the last one I fought were back to full CP.

Knocked out a couple of pokemon out of a gym. Go to fight a couple more in the gym and 2 more showed up.

robochimp

So if you're by yourself, the only way to take down a gym is if you're in an isolated area with no one around...?

Fought 4 pokemon in one go. Exit and all but the last one I fought were back to full CP.

Knocked out a couple of pokemon out of a gym. Go to fight a couple more in the gym and 2 more showed up.

Or just quickly knock one out at a time.

elguero

I've seen a handful of mareep and flaaffy spawns. Ten candy away from evolving flaaffy to an ampharos but I might hold off to evolve a much higher IV mareep.

border

I've seen some in wild. Even caught a Flaffy. But damn if there not extremely rare.

Yeah, I have a Flaffy in my inventory that I don't even remember catching. I don't evolve anything until I have 125 candies, so it wasn't just a hatched Mareep that I evolved. You can find Mareeps, but like Miltank or Larvitar it's not just a matter of going to a particular nest or biome and finding them.

How do you "collect" when you leave Pokémon at a gym now?

Can't do a search right now and brother keeps texting me about it.

You don't. You wait for your Pokémon to be kicked out and it brings the coins with it. 1 coin per 10 minutes in the gym, with a global hard cap of 50 coins for the day.

Top Bottom