• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

I have an almost maxed 94% IV Pupitar tho! Gonna be a while to get an >A Tyranitar from Raids i think

So far the best i got was a 88% IV Snorlax, everything else was around 70%
Two of my raid buddies got 98% and 96%. It's about 2090cp when you catch it. Mine were all around 2030-2040, but imagine getting a high iv raid boss and trying to catch it. Must be intense. Which is why gym control is so important. Those extra 3 balls could mean catch or flee.

So if you're by yourself, the only way to take down a gym is if you're in an isolated area with no one around...?

Fought 4 pokemon in one go. Exit and all but the last one I fought were back to full CP.

Knocked out a couple of pokemon out of a gym. Go to fight a couple more in the gym and 2 more showed up.
The dumb thing about gyms is that the team you're beating can place Pokemon if it's not yet full. Say you're beating down a gym of five two thirds of the way and someone comes and dumps his pokemon in, you need to do another three rounds to beat this pokemon. You can't beat it first too since it's placed at the very end of the gym. So while the other five are gone and you're beating this single shithead, those other five spots can be taken again. I've had this happen where I wanted to kick out a gym with known spoofers. Once they know they're kicked out (because they get a push notification now), they spoof to the gym and put new Pokemon in. Beyond frustrating.

Put 4 Pokemon in gyms after work (without having to battle at all), and now a couple hours later they'll have collected 50 coins. Now I await them being booted out.

New gym system is so easy.

They need to tweak the raid system though. I think the best thing to do would make it so everyone can battle the raid for free, but you need a pass to access the rewards.
That way if you end up not having enough people to take the boss down, you don't waste your pass, and it also allows more people to join in and help (and therefore incentivise more people to buy raid passes after).
Right now it's kind of risky to try a level 4 raid, which just makes the problem worse. Less people joining means worse odds, which means less people will join, which means... etc.

Yeah, my Blissey just came back with 50 coins. Hope the other two might make it till tomorrow.

Do we know what items you get from what raids? Is it possible to get TM machines from lvl. 1 raids for example. Would be nice to now.
The TM machines are amazing. I want more of them!!!

Firemind

Do we know what items you get from what raids? Is it possible to get TM machines from lvl. 1 raids for example. Would be nice to now.
The TM machines are amazing. I want more of them!!!
You can get them from all raids. The odds are just smaller. Sometimes you can get multiple TMs but I think those are only from higher level raids.

Firemind

Get 13 balls from defeating Tyranitar

giphy.gif

Down to one ball

Tyranitar runs away

gutshot

Put 4 Pokemon in gyms after work (without having to battle at all), and now a couple hours later they'll have collected 50 coins. Now I await them being booted out.

New gym system is so easy.

They need to tweak the raid system though. I think the best thing to do would make it so everyone can battle the raid for free, but you need a pass to access the rewards.
That way if you end up not having enough people to take the boss down, you don't waste your pass, and it also allows more people to join in and help (and therefore incentivise more people to buy raid passes after).
Right now it's kind of risky to try a level 4 raid, which just makes the problem worse. Less people joining means worse odds, which means less people will join, which means... etc.

I don't really like this change. There has to be some risk to using your Raid pass, especially on higher level raids. That's what makes it exciting. You take away the risk/reward factor and it severely lessens enjoyment.

border

The dumb thing about gyms is that the team you're beating can place Pokemon if it's not yet full. Say you're beating down a gym of five two thirds of the way and someone comes and dumps his pokemon in, you need to do another three rounds to beat this pokemon. You can't beat it first too since it's placed at the very end of the gym. So while the other five are gone and you're beating this single shithead, those other five spots can be taken again. I've had this happen where I wanted to kick out a gym with known spoofers. Once they know they're kicked out (because they get a push notification now), they spoof to the gym and put new Pokemon in. Beyond frustrating.

Every time I've tried to put a pokemon in a gym that was under attack the option was greyed out and I got a message that essentially said you can't put anything in while an attack is in progress. You can definitely feed berries to a gym while it's being attacked, which is really fun if you have enough Golden Raspberries to bring a whole team up to full strength.

Qwark

The gym experience sucks now in my area. 20-some gyms in my area and they're all stagnant blue (my team). Sometimes a red or yellow will take one down but it gets immediately replaced by blue. Very few people are getting any coins around here.

Went to a 4-star raid and there were actually 12 people there. How cool!
Got a Lapras. Gonna check out more harder raids now that I know that there are actually people coming to them.

The gym experience sucks now in my area. 20-some gyms in my area and they're all stagnant blue (my team). Sometimes a red or yellow will take one down but it gets immediately replaced by blue. Very few people are getting any coins around here.

For my area, the old turfs have mostly been restored and gyms are rarely being fought since everyone is doing raids instead. Our group is just chucking in baby pokemon as a protest or rares for people to try and get a candy from. My Ampharos has had his face stuffed 18 times since last night.

border

If you want coins, just put garbage pokemon into gyms.

Around midnight, I beat down 2 opposing teams' gyms and put 2 Weedles or Pidgeys in them. I go to bed and then wake up with 50 coins. That's the extent of my engagement with the gym system at this point.

I think Niantic assumed that the Gym Badge system would motivate more people to attack gyms, but the rewards aren't really there.

gutshot

Welp, went to two Tyranitar raids during lunch. Had a good sized group at each and we took him down easily. But, of course, he ran from me both times. That was 21 balls total, Golden Razz every time and at least 6-7 of those were Excellent/Curveball throws. Oh, and no TMs dropped either. FeelsBadMan

Firemind

Do you have either the Rock- or Dark-type Capture Medals?
Both gold. Only gold I'm missing are Fighting, Steel and Dragon. I'm not sure if curve balls improve catch rate or it's just a myth, but I'm not doing any curves because it's already a challenge to throw the ball before Tyranitar tries to munch the ball. In any case, practice your throwing, guys.

Growlie19

Did my first 4* raid today. It ended up being a Blastoise, which was a bit of a disappointment. Anyways, it was me and three others (well, two, with one using his brother's account on top of his), and we couldn't beat it. The other person left, and we considered giving up, but the cavalry appeared! A group of four showed up, and us seven were barely able to defeat it. Once again, a singe Razz and ball caught it. For my troubles, I got 6 Rare Candies, 3 gold berries, and two fast TMs.

The worst part was Blastoise had the anti-Exeggutor moveset of Bite/Ice Beam. That made things really hard. So instead of a grass-squad, it was a Jolt and Lax squad. Still had a blast, and I'm glad the group dynamic is a thing again!

Both gold. Only gold I'm missing are Fighting, Steel and Dragon. I'm not sure if curve balls improve catch rate or it's just a myth, but I'm not doing any curves because it's already a challenge to throw the ball before Tyranitar tries to munch the ball. In any case, practice your throwing, guys.
Curve balls heavily increase the catch rate

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
if they got rid of the time limit the 3 star raids would be soloable always run out of time but could easily finish it if i had more time

Dynasty

Yep curve ball is awesome, I always use it, I'm at the point where I can consistently get Great Curveball.

Combine that with a razz berry and a great ball, you can catch starter pokemon easily.

I guess now I know why a lot of people complained about catching starter pokemon during the events, learn to do curveballs.

robochimp

Yep curve ball is awesome, I always use it, I'm at the point where I can consistently get Great Curveball.

Combine that with a razz berry and a great ball, you can catch starter pokemon easily.

I guess now I know why a lot of people complained about catching starter pokemon during the events, learn to do curveballs.

To be fair the starters are jerks. I can still see the face of the Charmander, the last one I needed to evolve Charizard, as he lept into the air as my very last pokeball was about to hit him.

Replicant

Curved throws are 70% more effective? Jesus.

Didn't you know this? It's a known thing a long time ago. Silphroad confirmed it.

I never throw non-curve balls since....I can't remember. Not that it matters these days since I no longer play actively. I may try raid one day but not in a hurry. Gym no longer excites me either.

I remember having issues with curve balls in the first two months of Pokemon Go, but it's really second nature at this point.

It's quite astonishing that some Pokemon actually breakout from the Great/Excellent curve balls that I throw.

GulAtiCa

I remember in the early days curve ball was basically required to even hit higher lv Pokemon / flying pokemon. If you threw straight it would sometimes curve. lol

Masked Man

I said wow

My Dark medal is only at silver but I still managed to catch my first Raid Tyranitar thanks to my amazing curve ball. :p

Can you judge the IVs of a raid Pokemon from it's CPs or do they always have the same CP when you fight them and then the IVs get chosen randomly. Also are the IVs the same for everybody who does the raid or is it also rng?

Firemind

Can you judge the IVs of a raid Pokemon from it's CPs or do they always have the same CP when you fight them and then the IVs get chosen randomly. Also are the IVs the same for everybody who does the raid or is it also rng?
PmEBOPA.png

Basically same as egg hatch. Lvl. 20 ranging from 10/10/10 to 15/15/15. Different IVs and different moves for everyone.

T.O.P

Banned
Did they nerf the Raid spawn rate or something? My city it's practically empty today, yesterday we had 10+ raids happening by this hour

Did they nerf the Raid spawn rate or something? My city it's practically empty today, yesterday we had 10+ raids happening by this hour

That's what I read on silphroad. I think it needed to be nerfed to some extent. Don't know for sure how much they nerfed it though.

Edit: nvm what I was reading was how raid times changed

GulAtiCa

They def started little earlier here as well. Also, I just did my 10th successful Raid!

Since the gym update, I've had no problem getting 50 coins a day. Let's see if I an keep it up.

gutshot

Yay!

Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cgfIWtyESLGAuZfoneKJA7n02YblMq6m9-YHUkeF4-EUgL6SoqE2QjIeLZqS64UYg-zJAOWYMabN_jqNIzXdNrZ6RYAgzRqeYtD8IyTft7TR-k3TbcAb5qzXFl2f6lmp_DPj8LIknBU5RlikxOjO2CCpuMj3u06A9HgRH-9ey6fiOpQidUKmqfHukSbGhxxAsxH_ALFE4rx47NperHUanRt9Y-O3IZaFlbqPaYNKT27IBcVsmpIdXkVUZAA5Pqm2DcQNFgjEdMglJ1hiJ_UX-uFCH74IO3EDdIq34N7wAqTuKkROPGF7mnavjb1vHOXoSuUiAippUSS_xT0mntXPpX7IvwD2LB9KNo5-Wud0WY3OLY40ZgtJpEMFbsHcFCVx2NV6Z1GrjzUyiIm_OpF5ZI2BklDIq84bFoCoE96asqxq7rTbp651kOk7Eubw7sUHmldhmoVhBV5PNozg2Gbocg_Hh71cnCwRTS2ZfTWTGbhWdMiPO4Bu7crLVSpGJgNZzgxYx76qjJl-Cv4_JrwqMG9jKy6qqfxM9obBzeUxUHnaK_QX-MzTtlwxtky0Sg1GGyLbyVtF6ec4uPR-l34Ll3NjLp6bu59wc_8-kDisTP1ZKRXfedum=w900-h1600-no[/IMG]

Now the only Gold medals left I need to get are Fighting, Electric, Ice (currently Silver) and Ghost and Steel (currently Bronze).

Top Bottom